• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MWC Basketball Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a great game! We dominated Nevada for 37 minutes last night and damn near pissed it away with a minute left.:doh:
We played a tough game at CSU, which is always a tough place to play, for all 40 minutes pretty much. Got some big buckets/fts late to seal it. I would bet Boise wins Saturday just because it's a home game for them, really hope it comes down to the wire.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BRING IT ON AZTECS!!!!!!!!!!!

In all reality this is a big game, a must win for Boise State I feel like if we want an At-Large bid, we can't afford any home losses.
Kinda feel the same for SDSU, with how poorly they played OOC they can't lose at home and can't lose much on the road either. If they won every game except at Boise and at UNLV then made the championship in the MWC tourney but lose they could sneak in.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played a tough game at CSU, which is always a tough place to play, for all 40 minutes pretty much. Got some big buckets/fts late to seal it. I would bet Boise wins Saturday just because it's a home game for them, really hope it comes down to the wire.
CSU is a lot tougher than their record so far, front loaded with the top of the MWC so far. I don't think anyone is running the table so either could stumble and still be in the hunt.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSU is a lot tougher than their record so far, front loaded with the top of the MWC so far. I don't think anyone is running the table so either could stumble and still be in the hunt.
Hopefully Boise doesn't fall there(not sure if they've played at CSU yet this season).

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Boise doesn't fall there(not sure if they've played at CSU yet this season).
Ya, squeaked one out at home. Got them again in about 4 weeks in Fort Collins.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda feel the same for SDSU, with how poorly they played OOC they can't lose at home and can't lose much on the road either. If they won every game except at Boise and at UNLV then made the championship in the MWC tourney but lose they could sneak in.

I'm especially worried about us being in position for an At-Large because I feel like you guys are going to get your shit together during the conference tournament and win it.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm especially worried about us being in position for an At-Large because I feel like you guys are going to get your shit together during the conference tournament and win it.
It seems like they have, but I'm not completely sold. Top 10 in ppg allowed, but again one of the worst assisting and scoring teams plus not as strong on the rebounds. The Freshman have played well, but Pope who came on strong to end last season and is a possible lottery pick needs to get it going for this team to reach their potential.
They worry me, after all they gave us a struggle once and they're capable of beating anyone in the league
Feels like a lot of teams are capable of beating any other team in the conf, especially at home. CSU, Boise, SDSU, UNLV, and playing at Utah State or at New Mexico is always a challenge.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG Boise fans, came down to the wire thanks to some stupid turnovers. Fortunate Boise was cold from 3, but the defense did impact that. Should be another close one when they play in San Diego. This helps make up for losing to Boise twice last year.:yes:

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebels did not play down to competition today. Beat the puss out of air force, and was playing hard the whole game. I hope they keep playing like this. They look like the team that I was watching at the beginning of the season.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job by SDSU! All night long from BSU was......

z.jpg

CLANG!

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebels did not play down to competition today. Beat the puss out of air force, and was playing hard the whole game. I hope they keep playing like this. They look like the team that I was watching at the beginning of the season.
coaching change did the trick?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That probably ends our at large hopes

all we really have is a win over Oregon who's on the bubble themselves, and we can't really add to that.

basically this conference is a one bid league and it's all down to the conference tournament

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too
coaching change did the trick?
early to tell, but I have noticed some differences on the floor. The guys are playing much looser, and not out of control. By that I mean they would play so tight and timid at times, that it looked they didn't know how to fucking play. Also they were notoriously slow to start and come out flat after the half.
Right now they seem to be just flowing with the game and taking what is being given. The guys like Derick Jones Jr, and Zimmerman, that I thought were going to be studs, were not playing well, and in the last three games have been ridiculous.
Also coming out at half time, they have been getting out there on fire right off the bat. Extending leads and not forfeiting them. Couple of the early conference losses they had double digit leads in the second half and it always just felt like,"ok, when are they going to fuck this off?" and then they would. Have not been feeling that way watching these last three games.
I don't know if it the new coach, as much as maybe the guys did not respect Rice. I have to be honest that I gave Rice the benefit of the doubt right up until conference play started. There was kid that transferred last year or the year before, and he came out publically and said that Rice did nothing in practice to make anyone better, and that they were basically going through the motions.

Who knows for sure at this point, but I am cautiously optimistic that if Simon isnt the guy, they have plenty of time to find someone. UNLV fans are just so fucking unrealistic about who we can actually get as a coach.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too

early to tell, but I have noticed some differences on the floor. The guys are playing much looser, and not out of control. By that I mean they would play so tight and timid at times, that it looked they didn't know how to fucking play. Also they were notoriously slow to start and come out flat after the half.
Right now they seem to be just flowing with the game and taking what is being given. The guys like Derick Jones Jr, and Zimmerman, that I thought were going to be studs, were not playing well, and in the last three games have been ridiculous.
Also coming out at half time, they have been getting out there on fire right off the bat. Extending leads and not forfeiting them. Couple of the early conference losses they had double digit leads in the second half and it always just felt like,"ok, when are they going to fuck this off?" and then they would. Have not been feeling that way watching these last three games.
I don't know if it the new coach, as much as maybe the guys did not respect Rice. I have to be honest that I gave Rice the benefit of the doubt right up until conference play started. There was kid that transferred last year or the year before, and he came out publically and said that Rice did nothing in practice to make anyone better, and that they were basically going through the motions.

Who knows for sure at this point, but I am cautiously optimistic that if Simon isnt the guy, they have plenty of time to find someone. UNLV fans are just so fucking unrealistic about who we can actually get as a coach.
3-1 so far with the new coach, offense was on fire the first 3 then went down at Nevada who SDSU plays tonight. Big test coming tomorrow against the Broncos, should be a good one. I think the Rebels will be able to lure in a good head coach, they have a talented team there.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's all down to the conference tournament for us now

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG Rebels fans, I'm surprised the Aztecs kept UNLV to 52 points when they'd been scoring 80+ in 4 of their last 5. I knew they could limit the Rebels and UNLV did miss some open shots but that top 5 defense really stepped it up. Sucks that Ben Carter got hurt, hope he's okay.

SDSU now 9-0 and have an 8 game road win streak in the MWC, which is a record. Offense still needs to improve if this team wants to make noise in March, can't rely on strong defense and offensive rebounds to win games in the big dance.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we may have peaked with that win over Oregon

our offense couldn't have cooler down faster if it jumped into a mostly frozen lake