• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MW general discussion

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the teams now have a loss except Air Force and they play Michigan State next. other 5 big bowl place might end up going to someone else this year. AAC is likely. I picked WKU out of CUSA to get it. won over Vandy, got Inidana this week.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the teams now have a loss except Air Force and they play Michigan State next. other 5 big bowl place might end up going to someone else this year. AAC is likely. I picked WKU out of CUSA to get it. won over Vandy, got Inidana this week.

Just a terrible week for the conference

Western Kentucky won't get it, they go on the road to play LSU later this year

they will get pummeled in that one and they won't be considered much after that.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow I totally missed that on the schedule. Im so used to looking at the first 3 games and assuming thats the non conference schedule.
Yeah so either AAC runs it or it will be a 1 loss team

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow I totally missed that on the schedule. Im so used to looking at the first 3 games and assuming thats the non conference schedule.
Yeah so either AAC runs it or it will be a 1 loss team

The American and Mac have a leg up on the MWC right now.

It was bad enough we lost, but everyone else losing didn't make things better.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This conference is complete dumpster fire

everyone has regressed

and just an unbelievably bad non-conference record

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Utah State vs SDSU I dont have the winner in a Big 6. I think the American takes it this year.
OFF Im pretty torn between Keeton, and Pumphrey. I think Higgins will slide a littel with a new coach and QB. he will still be their biggest weapon but not as productive. also think he gets covered more
DEF Correa is a solid pick. I think Vigil (Utah State) will push him. Matthews S CSU, Kazee CB SDSU right there too
I'm lookin solid at the half way point on my picks for the title game. Keeton out so Im missing on that one. Pumphrey still solid but Hill at Wyoming is leading the conference. No one else is really standing out to me on offense. Higgins is still a big weapon for CSU but still doesnt seem as productive as last year.
Defense Vigil is leading in total tackles and is like 8th in tackles for loss in the conference. I still think he is in contention.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one of the things I do in the Pac 12 thread is post what it would take for each team to win their division. so I have some time today and thought i would do it here too.

Mountain
Boise State:
Win out and have Utah State lose 1 more.
Air Force: Win out.
Utah State: Win out.
New Mexico: Win out.
Colorado State: Win out and have AF lose 1 more and have both USU and BSU lose 2 more each.
Wyoming: Win out and have both BSU and AF lose 3 more, have USU and UNM lose 2 more each.

West
San Diego State:
Can afford 1 loss anwhere. Can afford 2 losses as long as they do not lose to UNLV or Nevada.
San Jose State: Win out and have SDSU lose 3.
Nevada: Win out and have both SDSU and UNLV lose 1 more each.
UNLV: Win out and have SJSU and SDSU both lose 1 more.
Fresno State and Hawaii: Both teams have already lost 4 and have lost to San Diego State. Even if San Diego State lost all remaining conference games, the worst they could finish is 4-4 but would have the tie break with both teams. Neither Fresno State nor Hawaii can win the division.
Next time I do this I will not mention either.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that 3 teams in the Mountain division control their destiny and we are not one of them is pretty depressing.

San Diego State is the hottest team in the conference right now, can you imagine how good that program would be if they could play worth a crap in September??

of course San Diego State being the hottest team in the conference means that they naturally will lose to Colorado State, just because that's how this conference has been so far

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mountain
Boise:
Win out and have Utah State lose 1 more.
Utah State: Win out.
New Mexico: Win out. even though they lost last week winning out would still give them the tie break over everyone else. 1 loss does not eliminate them.
Colorado State: Win out and have Boise and Utah State lose out. 1 more win by either puts them at worst a tie with Colorado State with the tie break win having beat them head to head. (Boise does not play this week). CSU also needs AF to lose 2 more.
Wyoming: By losing their last game they are now eliminated. No more mention of wyoming.

West
San Diego State:
Can afford 1 loss anwhere. Can afford 2 losses as long as they do not lose to Nevada.
Nevada: Win out and have SDSU lose 1 more.
UNLV: Win out and have SDSU lose 3, SJSU lose 2, and have Nevada lose 1 more. If SDSU wins 1 more UNLV is eliminated. (SDSU does not play this week)

Last edited:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that 3 teams in the Mountain division control their destiny and we are not one of them is pretty depressing.

San Diego State is the hottest team in the conference right now, can you imagine how good that program would be if they could play worth a crap in September??

of course San Diego State being the hottest team in the conference means that they naturally will lose to Colorado State, just because that's how this conference has been so far

SDSU's problem is every time they play a Power 5 team, they get the absolute shit kicked out of them. It's been that way for years. Then they go on to do so well in-conference which makes the MWC look even shittier and weaker than it already is. Not good. I wish they'd represent in the OOC.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought SDSU had some close ones and a few wins over some P5 teams in recent years. didnt they beat Oregon State or Washington State recently?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought SDSU had some close ones and a few wins over some P5 teams in recent years. didnt they beat Oregon State or Washington State recently?

They had late leads over both, and North Carolina as well but shit the bed right at the end of those games to lose

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SDSU's problem is every time they play a Power 5 team, they get the absolute shit kicked out of them. It's been that way for years. Then they go on to do so well in-conference which makes the MWC look even shittier and weaker than it already is. Not good. I wish they'd represent in the OOC.

They seriously need to pull their weight for once, it isn't just against power 5 teams either, sometimes they'll have a random terrible performance out of conference like a few years ago when they got destroyed by Eastern Illinois and now this year losing to South Alabama.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seriously need to pull their weight for once, it isn't just against power 5 teams either, sometimes they'll have a random terrible performance out of conference like a few years ago when they got destroyed by Eastern Illinois and now this year losing to South Alabama.
but really does anyone besides Boise have somewhat regular wins over P5 or out of conference?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like beating Colorado is a feat.

Colorado is improved this year

and the fact that perhaps the worst team in the league beat them is something

but of course Hawai'i was playing a lot better to start the year

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mountain
Boise:
Win out.
New Mexico: Win out.
Utah State: Win out and have Boise State and New Mexico lose 1 more each.
Colorado State: Win out and have Boise and Utah State lose out. 1 more win by either puts them at worst a tie with Colorado State with the tie break win having beat them head to head. CSU also needs AF to lose 2 more.

West
San Diego State:
Can afford 1 loss anwhere. Can afford 2 losses as long as they do not lose to Nevada.
Nevada: Win out and have SDSU lose 1 more.
UNLV: Win out and have SDSU lose 3, SJSU lose 2, and have Nevada lose 1 more. If SDSU wins 1 more UNLV is eliminated.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@ Utah State losing to New Mexico to lose control of the division