• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Muzzin/Martinez

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Much has been made about one of the two being traded but this is a interesting article on their struggles as a pair lately

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They simply do not complement each other well, they never really have for any sustained period of time. I am not sure why Sutter stayed with that pair so long.

Must be relying on that holy grail known as analytics thing I keep saying doesn't tell the entire truth.

=)~~

Both guys tend to skate the puck up more, neither are a SAH defender type. I noticed the other night they split them up, putting Muzzin with McTurnover and Martinez with Forbert more.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't play together, its just stupid. Muffin needs someone that can handle his huge mistakes when they come.....Martinez isn't that guy. I totally agree about analytics, it is only a tool that does part of the job. Problem is now I think the Kings use it for the end all.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzzin sucks. Why does he have to raise his stick, and then get beat???????:gaah:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't see, he raised his stick over the puck? it didn't hop over?

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't see, he raised his stick over the puck? it didn't hop over?

I think it hopped over his stick, but it reminded me Jack Johnson lifting his stick and trying to head fake.

I've seen Muzzin do it also, but he has to keep his head down.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't play together, its just stupid. Muffin needs someone that can handle his huge mistakes when they come.....Martinez isn't that guy. I totally agree about analytics, it is only a tool that does part of the job. Problem is now I think the Kings use it for the end all.

Bingo.

I have no problem using it as part of the equation but not the total equation. All we hear from Kings brass is analytics this, analytics that. They still don't translate into goals and wins. If you still don't believe me, truly measured stats will tell you otherwise - wins and goals. Please show me proof that refutes that.

Muzzin may be a possesion beast, but he isn't a game breaker or a difference maker most nights. If he has that perceived value around the league, by all means move him for pieces the Kings need.