• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Must listen to podcast.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow some real insight to how the Seahawks draft IMO. JS said that the Seahawks do not necessarily go BPA. He said they moved Carp up in the draft because he was the player that could/may make the Seahawks a better team given the need at the position. Mmm....interesting!

John Schneider on the Draft, free agency, and Jimmy Graham, Thomas Rawls' injuries

Lots of other tid bits also, like he didn't feel the Seahawks could afford a one year deal like the one Broncos gave Okung! :scared:

Must listen to podcast IMO!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting tid bit. Maybe the best draft to move back since JS has been a GM for the Seahawks. Normally they have a 140 players on their board, this year 200!

Please don't move out of the first again, I've forgotten what a first rounder feels like in the draft.:rolleyes2:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now watch them move up in the draft!:dhd:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might move out of the first round again (I doubt it given the need for offensive line help, but it's possible), but the one thing I don't think they'll do this year is give up their first rounder for an established player. They've done that twice and while the jury is still out on Graham, it's safe to say that the gamble on Harvin was a waste. I think even the idea of not going BPA this year is a hint that they're looking at offensive linemen in the 1st round. If you don't go BPA in the first round, you go after your biggest need and the Seahawks' biggest need is at offensive tackle specifically and offensive line generally.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might move out of the first round again (I doubt it given the need for offensive line help, but it's possible), but the one thing I don't think they'll do this year is give up their first rounder for an established player. They've done that twice and while the jury is still out on Graham, it's safe to say that the gamble on Harvin was a waste. I think even the idea of not going BPA this year is a hint that they're looking at offensive linemen in the 1st round. If you don't go BPA in the first round, you go after your biggest need and the Seahawks' biggest need is at offensive tackle specifically and offensive line generally.
I tend to agree with you about going OL first pick, about the only thing that could change that is a stud DL falling to their pick. Thinking Rankins for example, you would think he'd be gone when the Seahawks pick, but what if he's still on the board? Dang that would be a hard choice.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with you about going OL first pick, about the only thing that could change that is a stud DL falling to their pick. Thinking Rankins for example, you would think he'd be gone when the Seahawks pick, but what if he's still on the board? Dang that would be a hard choice.

As defensive line is still a position group that I'm sure they'd like to solidify a bit more, if there's a defensive lineman on the board that we would be nuts to pass up, then I guess I'd be okay with that, but seeing as they just brought Clemons back on board (even in a limited role), they have Clark ready to hopefully come in and play a lot more than he did last season and they have the flexibility to use Bennett inside and outside, I'm less concerned with defensive line help than I am with offensive line help.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As defensive line is still a position group that I'm sure they'd like to solidify a bit more, if there's a defensive lineman on the board that we would be nuts to pass up, then I guess I'd be okay with that, but seeing as they just brought Clemons back on board (even in a limited role), they have Clark ready to hopefully come in and play a lot more than he did last season and they have the flexibility to use Bennett inside and outside, I'm less concerned with defensive line help than I am with offensive line help.
Well I'm way less concerned about the DL also, but I do feel the Seahawks would just love to find a DT that could pressure the QB and leave Bennitt at end more often or use together at DT on passing downs. Myself, I want OT, OG, and center in this draft and with the first three rounds, but that's me, not the Seahawks.:nod:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut feeling is they take DL in the first, possibly bullard or nkemdiche only because they are better prospects. Maybe move up in the 2nd round for OL?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut feeling is they take DL in the first, possibly bullard or nkemdiche only because they are better prospects. Maybe move up in the 2nd round for OL?

They do have the ammo to move up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope not. Bullard is just a run stuffer and Nkemdiche has bust written all over him. I much prefer Rankin ( but don't believe he'll be there for the Seahawks) or Chris Jones in the second. Jones has some nice pass rushing moves, seems to coast at times though and that's a concern.
Still think OL is the biggest need and more likely to be addressed with first pick.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete values the D more and he lost 2 starters in Mebane and Irvin. I think he goes DT 1st unless an OL they are impressed with is available. My guess is we draft 2OL within the 1st 5 rounds.