• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mursak Out About Three Months

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DETROIT -- Detroit Red Wings general manager Ken Holland, providing an update today on Jan Mursak, said the speedy, young forward will be out closer to three months after suffering a fractured left ankle in Sunday's preseason game against Chicago.

Doctors will wait 2-3 days for the swelling to go down and re-assess his condition, but Holland does not believe surgery is required.

"He's got some other broken bones, stretched ligaments,'' Holland said. "Nothing's displaced, everything seems to be in place. They're going to see if they need to put pins in. We'll know more in a week.

“Obviously, it's disappointing. He's a young kid that played (19) games last year (with Detroit) and played well. Love his speed. We thought he was going to bring some energy, give us some good depth, but with Ryan Johnson and (Cory) Emmerton, (Fabian) Brunnstrom, (Tomas) Tatar, we've got some guys that can continue to push and give us depth.''

Holland said he's likely to wait until after this weekend's preseason games to decide whether to offer contracts to Brunnstrom and/or Johnson. The Red Wings host Toronto Friday, visit the Maple Leafs on Saturday and host Pittsburgh on Sunday.

Emmerton might have made the team anyway, but Mursak's injury probably assures him of a spot.

Red Wings' Jan Mursak out closer to three months | MLive.com

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just stay healthy, top six...Just stay healthy, top six...Just stay healthy, top six...Just stay healthy, top six...Just stay healthy, top six...Just stay healthy, top six...Just stay healthy, top six...Just stay healthy, top six...Just stay healthy, top six...Just stay healthy, top six...

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut tells me Emmerton is in, and possibly Brunnstrom.

Just my $.02

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A couple of these guys are doing a lot of good things except finishing. I don't know if they are clutching their stick too tight or what, but these kids need to calm their nerves and bury the puck. Bab's job would be a whole lot easier right now. Nyquist would probably be solidly in the mix too if he hadn't hit a couple posts.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut tells me Emmerton is in, and possibly Brunnstrom.

Just my $.02

agreed.

and with the wings injury luck the past couple years, i'm sure we will be seeing nyquist and tatar at some point this season