• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Murray to become Sabres new GM

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buffalo Sabres have reportedly found their next General Manager, as Ottawa Senators Assistant GM Tim Murray is expected to be hired for the position.
It's believed Buffalo's decision came down to Murray and Boston Bruins Assistant GM Jim Benning.
Four final candidates were in the running for the vacancy -- Murray, Benning, Mike Futa (Los Angeles' co-director of amateur scouting) and Brad Treliving (Phoenix's VP of Hockey Operations & Assistant GM) -- but it appears Sabres President of Hockey Operations Pat LaFontaine has made his decision.

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie indicated on Twitter that "pending successful negotiation of (a) contract," Murray will become the Sabres' new GM.
The two sides still need to work out the parameters of a contract, as of Tuesday evening.
Murray was named Ottawa's Assistant GM on July 5, 2007. He has also served as the GM of the team's American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.
He first entered the NHL in 1993-94 as an amateur scout with the Detroit Red Wings. In 1994, he joined the Florida Panthers in the scouting department and left as the club's Director of Amateur Scouting.
Murray served as Director of Player Personnel with the Anaheim Ducks from 2002-03 to 2004-05 before moving to the New York Rangers as Assistant Dir. of Player Personnel in July 2005.
Several teams have expressed an interest in some of Buffalo's players, though the team has primarily wanted to wait until a new GM was hired to handle those calls. The Sabres and Montreal Canadiens had discussed a deal involving former Sabre Daniel Briere over the weekend and those talks will likely resume with Murray at the helm in Buffalo.

The Fourth Period :: Buffalo Sabres :: Report: Murray to become Sabres new GM

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move and also like bringing in Patrick. With any luck these guy's can along with Patty and Nolan can fix the mess this team is in but it's going to take time.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move and also like bringing in Patrick. With any luck these guy's can along with Patty and Nolan can fix the mess this team is in but it's going to take time.

Of course it will take time. A lot will take place towards the deadline, think Moulson, and Ott will most likely be dealt. Moulson should fetch a first rounder at least, Ott could as well.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the GM, I trade Moulson and Ott ASAP, BUT make it contingent that Ehroff and Leino must be taken with them. Just unloading those terrible contracts would be worth it. Add in a few draft picks and call it a win.