• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MSU @ Iowa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of the match up this weekend? I think it will be another low scoring, hard hitting old school football game. The only advantage that I see is Iowa having home field, so I'm going Iowa 16-13.

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a crack at this. Our defense will be stifling. I think they will just continue to get better as long as they stay focused on their jobs, not that of the "other halves". Now the "other halves" will probably come out with some plays, some plays that work. We will get some rhythm and momentum going on offense. Then, the think tank that calls the offensive plays will kick into high gear. We will disband a plan that is working for a better one. This is only logical because we need more "Big" plays, less flow. Because we are a "Big" play offense, that needs to take advantage of our "Big" time play makers. Fast forward a bit, we will now be gasping for our last breath late in the fourth quarter. In which we will direct snap to the RB, initiating a septuple flea flicker that will eventually be thrown over the receivers shoulder into three man coverage incomplete. Now comes the real trickery. With our remaining downs and fleeting minute left. The think tank will put in our video coordinator to take the remaining snaps. Iowa will never see this coming, genius. I hope none of the Iowa coaching staff is reading this or we are fucked for sure.

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truly unfortunate part of the Governmental shutdown for me was that no one involved with our offensive football staff was put on furlough.:wtf2:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got us a Game Thread!?!

thanky Aaron.

State by a groan at your house...early game - coincides nicely with Siesta.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGH!!!!!

or zzzzzzzzzzzzzwha? oh, FGzzzzzzzzzzzzhuh? oh, FGzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzdammit, quit waking me for these feeking FGs, willya?zzzzzzzzzzz

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting so old your planning naps days in advance and looking forward to it.:L

with luck, puppy...
you might survive long enough to realize that moderation during daylight hours results in vastly increased joys after dark.

while you're passed-out, drooling on your pillow at 1030...I'm out clubbn n chubbn till 3.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• PCW 052.jpg
    PCW 052.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 28

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa's offense vs MSU defense: I think Iowa has the better all-around offense. IMO, Rudock is a better QB and WRs are starting to rise, but I don't think they necessarily have fully clicked yet. I think they will struggle, especially if the running game (including Rudock) is contained.

Michigan State's offense vs Iowa defense: I'm not sure how the QB situation is now, but I know it has been a mess earlier this season. If they can get deep passes working, Iowa could get in trouble, but that really isn't MSU's thing. With Iowa's LB corp being so good, Iowa has been doing good stopping the run, scrambling QB, screens, and short passes. Pretty much anything to do with the LBs. Iowa is also good at getting turnovers.

I think both offenses will do nothing. I think the fact Iowa has more weapons on offense will give them the advantage and I think all the scoring will be in the 1st half. - Iowa 14, MSU 10

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa's offense vs MSU defense: I think Iowa has the better all-around offense. IMO, Rudock is a better QB and WRs are starting to rise, but I don't think they necessarily have fully clicked yet. I think they will struggle, especially if the running game (including Rudock) is contained.

Michigan State's offense vs Iowa defense: I'm not sure how the QB situation is now, but I know it has been a mess earlier this season. If they can get deep passes working, Iowa could get in trouble, but that really isn't MSU's thing. With Iowa's LB corp being so good, Iowa has been doing good stopping the run, scrambling QB, screens, and short passes. Pretty much anything to do with the LBs. Iowa is also good at getting turnovers.

I think both offenses will do nothing. I think the fact Iowa has more weapons on offense will give them the advantage and I think all the scoring will be in the 1st half. - Iowa 14, MSU 10

The "If" happened.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you missed an "if." 23 yds? :whistle:

good game Hawkeye dudes. :suds:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some of my thoughts of the game...

I expected it to go the way it did, except MSU passing. IMO, that is what cost Iowa the game. Iowa's DBs couldn't cover the receivers, and there were times when the Iowa DBs forgot how to tackle like a D1 college football player. #7 for Iowa was the worst.

I know I an go on and on about MSU's dirty playing, but that isn't new. I'm sure Iowa knew that. Also, the referees didn't have an impact on the outcome of the game.

MSU's defense is the real deal. They were going into the game. I didn't forget that "if". I was expecting MSU to contain Iowa's running game.

Rudock and the LBs are the only Iowa players that impressed me today. I know Rudock did bad in the 2nd half, but the entire game, MSU was all over him in the pocket and his receivers could not get away from MSU DBs, yet he still avoided many sacks (usually resulting in throwing it away).

This is an important loss. It sucks that they lost for Iowa fans, but they have many things they can work on. MSU was definitely the better team today.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
~ I expected it to go the way it did, except MSU passing.
~ I know I an go on and on about MSU's dirty playing, but that isn't new.
~ MSU's defense is the real deal. I was expecting MSU to contain Iowa's running game.
~ Rudock and the LBs are the only Iowa players that impressed me today.
~ This is an important loss. MSU was definitely the better team today.

I did not expect to see what we all saw yesterday...although I was hoping for just what happened - to happen. Everybody's made a big nasty, snarky deal out of MSU's quarterback 'problem' (and associated WR propensity to drop catchable passes) - while folks like me've been thinking: "We have THREE potential all-American QBs to pick from (Cook, O'Connor & Terry) - that's a PROBLEM?"

Sorry, but I'm unmoved by people who -in virtually the same breath- admit that MSU's Defense is NFL-caliber crazy good, but that the team's (assuming MSU's Offense & Special Teams are included) overall performance is best characterized as 'dirty.'

Rudock is a talent; so are his WRs...and yes, your LBs are first rate. (I think someone -Red Alert?- yesterday mentioned he preferred a smashmouth defensive low-scoring game to high-scoring offensive blowouts most people like...me fucking too! And LBs are always the engines for great Ds.)

This was an important Spartan W - for a marginally (albeit late-maturing) great B1G team to prove some of its potential to the nation and, especially to themselves. I saw nothing from anybody (Michigan, OSU, NW, NEB, etc) yesterday that stifled my confidence that MSU might deserve more/less equal standing with the conference's best. And, with a very accommodating schedule, MSU could go far this season.

Then again? Well, there's Izzo. (and, as I understand B1G cbb things...there's Fran too) :nod: