• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Vs Twins; June 6th - 8th

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we talk about about Angie smacking Zunino on the ass, I'm slightly turned on

I thought Zunino smacked her on the ass as he bent over before walking off.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a pretty outspoken zunino believer, this has been a fun stretch to see

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she was some softball player, lol

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that one. Did you see him after the interview in the dugout? I think he did it back to her.
No, must have missed it, was too happy, but thats what ive been hearing from a few people

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. Can't really add anything that hasn't been said. Back to .500, A couple weeks ago I honestly wasn't sure they would manage to get there the rest of the season.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. Can't really add anything that hasn't been said. Back to .500, A couple weeks ago I honestly wasn't sure they would manage to get there the rest of the season.

It is impressive, this team has been decimated by injuries, but yet somehow they're kinda hanging around... getting to .500 is great, but it's SO important that they start climbing above that .500 mark...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it means nothing, but CALLED IT!

So nice to see it happen that way because everyone and their mom knew he'd be pitched away there. Z using that and driving a ball to right center shows smart hitting. Win or lose, I love seeing smart baseball

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, must have missed it, was too happy, but thats what ive been hearing from a few people

I made a video on my phone off the TV and he definitely did and she laughed and kind of fought through her deal.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the message about Zunino's walk-off earlier...Talk about the late drama that we haven't seen much of in a LONG time!

At least it took Gallardo until the fifth inning to start allowing runs. Considering the last time around, I guess that's progress. All the same, here's hoping he's packed and ready when Felix comes back off the DL.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be Debbie Downer but I'm going to hold back on the chest thumping, ( every time I do they go on a slide the other way)

Another big game for Mikey Z, I really hope he has found it.....

Has there been any talk about Smiley and Kumo return yet?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Zunino help us win a game in a big way. I'm not holding my breath but we'll see...

If somehow EVERYONE (inc. on the path to ROY Haniger) returns, I can see the Ms sneaking a wild card spot in. I will say it's NICE to see the Ms at .500 with all the injuries because hopefully when everyone returns they wont have to dig out of a hole.

I was talking with a couple Cubs fans at work before the season begin. They are die hard fans (even 90s for Cubs when they were nowhere near WS) and they agreed that IF the Ms stayed healthy they have as good a lineup as anyone in MLB, all dependent on pitching. And Hernandez, Paxton, Iwakuma have ALL shown recurring injury themes as of late (or forever). And surprise surprise, all 3 + Smyly are out... and so is ROY candidate Haniger.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be Debbie Downer but I'm going to hold back on the chest thumping, ( every time I do they go on a slide the other way)

Another big game for Mikey Z, I really hope he has found it.....

Has there been any talk about Smiley and Kumo return yet?
Oh I'm in the same boat to be sure. This team has been nothing but streaky the last several years and always seem to follow up a hot streak with one that runs ice cold. If you don't have that in the back of your mind you either haven't paid any attention to this team or otherwise just love setting yourself up for a fall.

Lots of reasons to be happy even with a team that is still behind in the WC hunt. Bats are alive, the bullpen has settled down a bit, and they are winning despite their injuries.

It does still feel like they are playing a bit over their heads right now. They still commit some of the worst boneheaded plays routinely. They got away with another one last night I think from Motter? that lead to a run that shouldn't have happened.

I'm sure all of us are wondering how they will respond to losing a couple of games. Do they fall back off and have another long streak? Or are they building enough confidence and momentum to not have a couple of losses get in their heads?

Right now all I want to know is will tonight be the first time this season they get above .500?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Zunino help us win a game in a big way. I'm not holding my breath but we'll see...

If somehow EVERYONE (inc. on the path to ROY Haniger) returns, I can see the Ms sneaking a wild card spot in. I will say it's NICE to see the Ms at .500 with all the injuries because hopefully when everyone returns they wont have to dig out of a hole.

I was talking with a couple Cubs fans at work before the season begin. They are die hard fans (even 90s for Cubs when they were nowhere near WS) and they agreed that IF the Ms stayed healthy they have as good a lineup as anyone in MLB, all dependent on pitching. And Hernandez, Paxton, Iwakuma have ALL shown recurring injury themes as of late (or forever). And surprise surprise, all 3 + Smyly are out... and so is ROY candidate Haniger.
Pitching injuries in particular are an every year part of the game in this era. It has been all of the injuries to the position players on top of the worst case scenario to the pitchers that has been such a bitter pill to swallow and a real head scratcher. I know I've never seen anything like what this team has been though.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm in the same boat to be sure. This team has been nothing but streaky the last several years and always seem to follow up a hot streak with one that runs ice cold. If you don't have that in the back of your mind you either haven't paid any attention to this team or otherwise just love setting yourself up for a fall.

Lots of reasons to be happy even with a team that is still behind in the WC hunt. Bats are alive, the bullpen has settled down a bit, and they are winning despite their injuries.

It does still feel like they are playing a bit over their heads right now. They still commit some of the worst boneheaded plays routinely. They got away with another one last night I think from Motter? that lead to a run that shouldn't have happened.

I'm sure all of us are wondering how they will respond to losing a couple of games. Do they fall back off and have another long streak? Or are they building enough confidence and momentum to not have a couple of losses get in their heads?

Right now all I want to know is will tonight be the first time this season they get above .500?

You know to me Motter is a rookie, he's going to make mistakes, hell even when Mitch was healthy I again think "rookie"... Valencia had me so frustrated back in spring training and April cause he seemed more concerned about a bad strike zone and you could see him get pissy during the rest of his at bat, but now I don't get up and walk out of the room when he comes to the plate,( my kids loved that).....

Looking forward and listening to Jerry's comment about Jean's extension yesterday, this core group isn't going anywhere, they believe in what they have and can win more then once in a short window span. I like it, Jerry is a mover and shaker with these deals, he pulled off a double move for Walker, and if Mitch comes back healthy and still crushing the ball he will have an all star SS and outfielder that can hit over .275 and play good defense for a pitcher that lets face it was a straight up head case....