• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's vs RedSox: 7/24-7/26

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except they need to do more than "ok" after the hole they dug themselves in first half of the season. I also disgree with just this stretch of baseball showing they have major issues, this has been present all year long. It could've been a hell of a lot worse from the Astros and Red Sox, they just need to get that over .500 hump.

Yep. Taking series over the Astros and redsox is great. Until you realize they lost 3/4 to the team they are chasing in between so they just broke even. Breaking even soon won't be good enough for this team

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-Mariners but funny

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recorded the game, and just finished; it went pretty much as expected.

Following a 13 inning marathon we went to battle against conceivably the best pitcher in baseball with grandpa Ruiz behind the plate, no Cano, and Andrew Moore on the mound......what could any of us expect? It's too bad we blew the Yankee series, but a sweep of the Mets could make up for it. My one major take away from the game is the same as it's been for awhile, PLEASE SEND HANIGER DOWN! Whatever issue skip has with Martin needs to just fucking stop, Haniger needs a Zunino rehab immediately!

If JeDi trades Lewis for Gray while keeping Haniger on the ML roster I will lose all faith in his ability; not that he gives a shit ;-) Just my two cents :2cents:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyson has been playing at an absurdly high level defensively as well and is a bit more of a threat on the base paths.

Haniger might need some time down in AAA. Since coming back from his injury he is hitting

I know Mitch Haniger is a darling child of the Mariners front office, but Heredia is outplaying him right now. Haniger is hitting .205/.294/.315 since coming back from his injury. Maybe he's not completely healed, who knows.

I'd rather see Leonys Martin called up as a 4th outfielder/pinch runnner. With the way he has hit in AAA he deserves another chance. Put Haniger down in AAA.

No it's been talked about how the finger is still giving him issues. ( Watch Robbie go out and take a cut off from him, Robbie is going a little deeper)

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even for a loss after hitting .500 the day before, this had to be pretty damn embarrassing.

Now to "prepare" for the Mets. What's that? They're five games below the .500 mark themselves? Oh, sure, we can help with that!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except they need to do more than "ok" after the hole they dug themselves in first half of the season. I also disgree with just this stretch of baseball showing they have major issues, this has been present all year long. It could've been a hell of a lot worse from the Astros and Red Sox, they just need to get that over .500 hump.

Sure we've had issues all year long I'm not disputing that, but in big games especially playing a team that's just ahead of you in playoff positioning things stand out more .. the games mean more, you gotta send a message... Yankees series showed we're not there yet, lots of baseball left but clearly we're not a playoff team unless something changes, another quality starter is a must...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure we've had issues all year long I'm not disputing that, but in big games especially playing a team that's just ahead of you in playoff positioning things stand out more .. the games mean more, you gotta send a message... Yankees series showed we're not there yet, lots of baseball left but clearly we're not a playoff team unless something changes, another quality starter is a must...

What do you consider "big games" for this team? It didn't matter if it was the Yankees, had they play the Phillies again, the games should still be treated the same. Because the way I see it, every games and every series from here on out should be treated as such. If these guys cannot "turn it on" and be in "playoff mode" --- Unfortunately, they're not going to be in the playoffs.

We talked about it a lot as Seahawks fans on what the team needed to do to make that playoffs push and they were able to do it consistently. That same mentality is needed for the M's.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you consider "big games" for this team? It didn't matter if it was the Yankees, had they play the Phillies again, the games should still be treated the same. Because the way I see it, every games and every series from here on out should be treated as such. If these guys cannot "turn it on" and be in "playoff mode" --- Unfortunately, they're not going to be in the playoffs.

We talked about it a lot as Seahawks fans on what the team needed to do to make that playoffs push and they were able to do it consistently. That same mentality is needed for the M's.

You won't be saying that if we end the season in a tie and we have a 1 game playoff, all that will matter is THAT ONE GAME.... Consitency always matters, but sometimes the stakes are higher and the games are more important... Yankees series was one of those, that doesn't mean you can just flop the next series, baseball is a fricking marathon... As far as the Seahawks, HELL yeah certain games have more meaning, even though every game counts during the season, but if we're 12-2 and the Carinals are 12-2 and it's for the division lead that game had tons of meaning... That doesn't mean other games didn't count, stakes are just higher for that particular game, that's sports ...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boogie, you do realize what you're saying is exactly what I'm trying to say? Why should the Yankees series matter more than it was when they played the Phillies? If they missed out on playoffs by 1 game will you point to the fact they lost 3/4 against the Yankees or the fact they got swept by the worst team in the league? It's the same thing.

They are in catch up mode and all the games matter. I point back to your previous post about how the Yankees series showed them they have some obvious holes when it has been present ALL season.

The stakes as it stands right now matters the rest of the way no matter who they play. The Yankees are now in first place in their division, so did the series against the Red Sox any less important? Of course not! We're heading into August and the margin of errors are becoming razor thin.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boogie, you do realize what you're saying is exactly what I'm trying to say? Why should the Yankees series matter more than it was when they played the Phillies? If they missed out on playoffs by 1 game will you point to the fact they lost 3/4 against the Yankees or the fact they got swept by the worst team in the league? It's the same thing.

They are in catch up mode and all the games matter. I point back to your previous post about how the Yankees series showed them they have some obvious holes when it has been present ALL season.

The stakes as it stands right now matters the rest of the way no matter who they play. The Yankees are now in first place in their division, so did the series against the Red Sox any less important? Of course not! We're heading into August and the margin of errors are becoming razor thin.

It's all good man, Yeah every game counts, my point was just the stakes get higher at times, anyway let's just hope they can improve and give themselves a chance, M's fans more than deserve it ...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that the M's called up Leonys Martin. He was playing too well in AAA not to give him another shot.

I'm starting to think that JD has vendettas against certain players. Leonys Martin clearly fixed his swing down in AAA a long time ago. There may not have been room for him on the roster at times, but we're still talking about a guy who is one of the better defensive CFs in baseball and has 30 SB ability. If anything he offers value as a defensive replacement or pinch runner.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that the M's called up Leonys Martin. He was playing too well in AAA not to give him another shot.

I'm starting to think that JD has vendettas against certain players. Leonys Martin clearly fixed his swing down in AAA a long time ago. There may not have been room for him on the roster at times, but we're still talking about a guy who is one of the better defensive CFs in baseball and has 30 SB ability. If anything he offers value as a defensive replacement or pinch runner.

Oops, wrong thread. I'm retarded.