• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Vs Rays; June 2nd - 4th

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank to whichever mod cleaned up the garbage

:)
Probably Harold. Harold is a tolerant guy but, if you are gonna troll, it has to be moderately entertaining. Dipshit trolled like a 5th grader. His user ID shows that he's had over 5000 posts. I'm surprised he lasted that long.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So any chance that once Felix is back the M's keep Gaviglio and Bergman in the rotation and dump Gallardo? One can dream...
Yeah, I doubt if Gallardo has too many starts left if there is not a noticeable improvement. He may be gone before Felix comes back. I mean, at this point, is De Jong any worse than Gallardo?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miranda has sure made an impact.

Only run given up through 8 was a fluke drop by Dyson in the sun.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miranda with the first CG of the season and the M's now winners of 7 of their last 8 games.

Funny game baseball is.

3 against the twinkies coming up and now back to 2 games below .500 going into that series.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims is a fuckin' annoying tool. Goldsmith is a bit monotone, but he's substantially better than Sims.
I'll take Sims over Goldsmith any day. Goldsmith is like a robot with predictable laughs and over exaggerated homerun calls, he's too scripted. I do like it when Jay is on though, he busts his balls quite a bit; I don't think the bone likes him either.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buhner is the harbinger of death when he's in the booth

i don't mind sims, i just don't think he and blowers work all that well together. pretty sure goldsmith is being molded to take over as seattle's radio guy when rizzs calls it a day.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game at the ballpark. It was a 12 hour baseball day, but weather was great and game was actually entertaining. Sat in CF and great view of Dyson taking it in the back. Never remember seeing that before on any sun ball. Miranda just balls. Liked him last year after pickup (didn't know much of him before that) and was miffed why there was talk of moving him to the pen this year. Glad they didn't.

Zunino over .200. Valencia near .300. What the hell is going on?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miranda has sure made an impact.

Only run given up through 8 was a fluke drop by Dyson in the sun.

And the only thing between him and a deep No Hit opportunity was a weakly hit dribbler between P and 2B. He has some really good stuff when he can command it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miranda with the first CG of the season and the M's now winners of 7 of their last 8 games.

Funny game baseball is.

3 against the twinkies coming up and now back to 2 games below .500 going into that series.

Well let's see how the Twinkies series goes, it would be a good stretch to stay hot and keep winning....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's see how the Twinkies series goes, it would be a good stretch to stay hot and keep winning....
I resigned myself a couple of weeks ago to the notion that there is little to no hope of making the playoffs, but that they would for sure be playing a better brand and more exciting baseball as guys come back. Takes all of the stress out of it. I'm going to enjoy the good streaks and good games and really not get too worked up over the inevitable bad streaks. They just dug too deep of a hole and have left little margin of error to have that much hope. I won't even consider it until such a time as they are actually holding a WC lead.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I resigned myself a couple of weeks ago to the notion that there is little to no hope of making the playoffs, but that they would for sure be playing a better brand and more exciting baseball as guys come back. Takes all of the stress out of it. I'm going to enjoy the good streaks and good games and really not get too worked up over the inevitable bad streaks. They just dug too deep of a hole and have left little margin of error to have that much hope. I won't even consider it until such a time as they are actually holding a WC lead.

:agree:

One part I am going to keep focus on is Mikey Z.....

I really hope the light switch has come on for him with the hitting, he looks brilliant at times but has the track record forgetting every thing he was sent down for....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

One part I am going to keep focus on is Mikey Z.....

I really hope the light switch has come on for him with the hitting, he looks brilliant at times but has the track record forgetting every thing he was sent down for....
The question for Z is how does he handle the next inevitable slump? He's a bit of a headcase when he lacks confidence and there is no way to know how much he can carry this type of streak through those downturns when his swing isn't feeling this good.

Love seeing it for now though. We did miss his pop no matter what his BA is. Seeing him going the other way and laying off a few of those outside pitches trailing away are sure good signs of progress.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question for Z is how does he handle the next inevitable slump? He's a bit of a headcase when he lacks confidence and there is no way to know how much he can carry this type of streak through those downturns when his swing isn't feeling this good.

Love seeing it for now though. We did miss his pop no matter what his BA is. Seeing him going the other way and laying off a few of those outside pitches trailing away are sure good signs of progress.

Yeah someone needs to stay on him when he does let this stuff into his head. I think with Gar around this can help him develop more, granted he was one of many youngsters that was pushed up way to early. Now they need to make sure this stuff is being retained by these younger guys...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For any old Huskie football fans out there, here is a name you might remember...Cam Cleeland. I bring him up because he was on the train with us to and from the game. He is probably 30 lbs less than hos playing days, but still in great shape at 6'5". I knew he has to be a pro athlete and on the way back he had a coaches shirt on for a team he coaches (He was with his youth team and parents on the train) and it listed 'Coach: Cam Cleeleand' and I was like cool. I remember watching him in college and in the pros. Just a nerd sports thing.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Sims over Goldsmith any day. Goldsmith is like a robot with predictable laughs and over exaggerated homerun calls, he's too scripted. I do like it when Jay is on though, he busts his balls quite a bit; I don't think the bone likes him either.

I can see where you're coming from with that criticism, it's valid.

I just find Sims to be really, really corny and doesn't really seem to even have a substantial amount of baseball knowledge. At least Goldsmith's commentary isn't as boring as Sims and he offers interesting insights at times.

I always love when they have Jay on there.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buhner is the harbinger of death when he's in the booth

i don't mind sims, i just don't think he and blowers work all that well together. pretty sure goldsmith is being molded to take over as seattle's radio guy when rizzs calls it a day.

Really? I actually enjoy the stories Buhner has when he's on there.

I agree on the Goldsmith thing.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game at the ballpark. It was a 12 hour baseball day, but weather was great and game was actually entertaining. Sat in CF and great view of Dyson taking it in the back. Never remember seeing that before on any sun ball. Miranda just balls. Liked him last year after pickup (didn't know much of him before that) and was miffed why there was talk of moving him to the pen this year. Glad they didn't.

Zunino over .200. Valencia near .300. What the hell is going on?

Win or lose, always love going to Mariners games. Minus the fact that I frequently spend more on beers and uber than I do on my actual ticket. One of my friends works for the Mariners and sells me his club level tickets pretty cheap so it's hard to resist going to the game when I can land $60-$70 tickets for $15.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my friends works for the Mariners and sells me his club level tickets pretty cheap so it's hard to resist going to the game when I can land $60-$70 tickets for $15.

Niiiiice! I am jealous. I would go to more if it wasn't for a 2 hour drive (one way) or 2.5 hour train trip (one way). I guess having season tickets to the Hawks for 10 years when I was in grade/middle school kind of burned me out on that trip.