• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's vs. Rangers Aug. 6th-8th

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new here- just wasted another few hours off and on watching another loss. Starting to feel like the last several years with these guys. They're like a rat traps: you put bait in the traps and set them out and at first you catch some rats. Then you catch less and less rats until you finally figure out you've probably caught most of the rats so you just give up and quit baiting and setting the traps cuz it's just a waste of time. If this organization REALLY wanted to have a post season team, they would put the money where their mouths are. The combo of Dipoto/Servais is not going to do it. Dipoto, with a veteran manager, might be able to make something happen but not totally convinced about him either. With the moves he has and has not made the last 3 years remains questionable IMO and I am not excited to wait for Servais to become a "real" manager. If Dipoto and Scioscia were at each other's throats, why didn't Dipoto fire him instead of looking for a new GM job? Was Dipoto "let go" by the Angel's organization? I remember hearing all kinds of negative stuff about Dipoto from Angel fans when many of them warned about his inability as a GM and how he blew up their farm system. I also find it interesting that Servais was one of Dipoto's #1 scouts before he took the Seattle job and hired Servais for the manager position. If Dipoto would have hired an experienced and seasoned manager I would have a lot more faith in him as the GM. A GM is like a school district superintendent- if he/she hires an incompetent principal at a school, the chances are pretty good that the school will not meet minimal expectations and teachers will either fall in line with the principal's expectations, transfer to another school and/or district, quit, or find another job. If Jerry is such a GREAT GM as some feel his is, why would he put an inexperienced person in probably the most critical key position on the field? 3 years in and we still do not have a half ways decent SP line up. BTW, whatever happened with Iwakuma? He went to the Dodgers, failed the physical then Jerry brought him back to the M's and he did didiiy squat before going out on the DL sometime last year. Is he still in the organization? What about his bringing Ichiro back for a brief stint and then moving him to "assistant to the chairman" position? Just a few issues I have about the GM. I guess I'm just tired of the same old crap year in and year out with this organization. My message to this organization? Actions speak louder than words.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there even words right now? How can a team just quit like they have? They need a real manager to come in, Servais is more the McLarrin type guy. Solid rah rah bench coach kind of guy. Not one to light a fire when one needs to be lit, and embarrassing Felix and Marco isn't lighting a fire for the club.

That was terrible what Servais did with Felix yesterday. Have no idea why he left him in there to sink like that. Someone said it was to give him a message? Not sure what message he was suppose to get, but if that's really what happened that is just wrong and a shitty way to treat a guy who brought so much to this team for so many years. You just do not hang someone out to dry like that. A sick way to treat a guy IMO.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much resources has Dipoto put into a bullpen that still isn't that good. The one real solid thing is the closer that he inherited and isn't costing anything. Colome has been better lately but so many trades and FA signings for it not to be better. And to have completely ignored the rotation the last 12 months (other then getting lucky with Leblanc) it sure the heck should be better.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there even words right now? How can a team just quit like they have? They need a real manager to come in, Servais is more the McLarrin type guy. Solid rah rah bench coach kind of guy. Not one to light a fire when one needs to be lit, and embarrassing Felix and Marco isn't lighting a fire for the club.
Yesterday at 8-4 he kept Felix in and it quickly became 11-4.
Today at 7-2, the offense actually had a decent inning to make it 7-6 before one of DippyDipotos bullpen acquisitions put the game out of reach.

Even with a mediocre offense that just goes to show that at 8-4 it was still a possibility to come back but that obviously wasn't the goal. In Marinerland they play by different rules.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there is not change ....we can expect the same result or worse....it is maadness( or insanity...lol) ....not to

aaaahhh well....maybe spread a little insanity around...........lol

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was terrible what Servais did with Felix yesterday. Have no idea why he left him in there to sink like that. Someone said it was to give him a message? Not sure what message he was suppose to get, but if that's really what happened that is just wrong and a shitty way to treat a guy who brought so much to this team for so many years. You just do not hang someone out to dry like that. A sick way to treat a guy IMO.

I honestly think doing that might back fire horribly on Servais and Dipoto. You can lose a locker room quickly when you show up a guy who everyone loves like they do with Felix.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday at 8-4 he kept Felix in and it quickly became 11-4.
Today at 7-2, the offense actually had a decent inning to make it 7-6 before one of DippyDipotos bullpen acquisitions put the game out of reach.

Even with a mediocre offense that just goes to show that at 8-4 it was still a possibility to come back but that obviously wasn't the goal. In Marinerland they play by different rules.

Well it just doesn't make sense that either Felix or Marco went out for the 4th inning in either game. Jerry has acquired what 4 or 5 bullpen arms since the season started. If the team can't fill 12 innings with your ace up next then Dipoto needs to look in the mirror at who he has dealt for.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it just doesn't make sense that either Felix or Marco went out for the 4th inning in either game. Jerry has acquired what 4 or 5 bullpen arms since the season started. If the team can't fill 12 innings with your ace up next then Dipoto needs to look in the mirror at who he has dealt for.

good point but who he has not traded is who they will need later......art warren ,matherw festa,and david Mckay and
wyatt mill,s

and if danny garcia would agree ..to go to the bull pen he could be awsome as well
but he wants to start

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is one more point to be made and that is .....who......who can they trade for..... who can come in and do the job

cuz if there is no one then...most of the point's... are academic...

even mathew boyd could help now..a 433 ave as a L/L...for detroit

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that said ...darren McCaughan........... gits my vote for mariners minors pitcher of the year

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager Fan Club (Not)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager Fan Club (Not)

I didn't see it but after the play happened that's all they could talk about on the radio was his mistake that little leaguers don't make. He really hasn't been there defensively at all since right before and after daddycare. But I'll put that also on Servais. Send a fricking message, pull his ass out of the game. You announced to the world you were throwing the game with Felix on the mound and Seager doesn't have 1/100th of the should be respect that Felix does.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another season in the toilet.

Shame of it is this season had a chance if the right trades were made for starting pitching and not loading up on bull pen arms.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the vid of Felix cracking up @ Beltre's swing and miss K. That was so funny to watch. You don't see something like that happen every day. :pound:What made it even better was when Beltre got the bomb off Felix, he didn't even look at Felix cuz he knew Felix was struggling majorly and didn't want to do anything funny out of respect for Felix. I have always enjoyed the banter between those two guys and it's always nice to see these two pros having fun like they do. They're obviously very good friends and enjoy having fun together whenever they meet on the field. :clap:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the vid of Felix cracking up @ Beltre's swing and miss K. That was so funny to watch. You don't see something like that happen every day. :pound:What made it even better was when Beltre got the bomb off Felix, he didn't even look at Felix cuz he knew Felix was struggling majorly and didn't want to do anything funny out of respect for Felix. I have always enjoyed the banter between those two guys and it's always nice to see these two pros having fun like they do. They're obviously very good friends and enjoy having fun together whenever they meet on the field. :clap:

My post was sarcasm. I don't want any guy on my team joking with the opponent when 1) I am killing my own team. 2) When our team is in a major slide. I think that was Felix giving up any measure of competitiveness he has left. When you get to that point, turn in your uniform.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it looks like Dipoto was right at the beginning of the year .....

We Do have the best starting rotation of any NON-PLAYOFF TEAM!!!

:L:L:L

:gaah:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep the rotation situation is 100% Jerry. Outside of getting lucky with Leblanc, its been completely neglected for almost a full calendar year since the Leake acquisition.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to correct an error I posted earlier. Scott Servais's title under Dipoto for the Angels wasn't a "scout" when Dipoto left the Angels. Scott's title was "Assistant GM". Just wanted to get the facts straight is all.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the rotation situation is 100% Jerry. Outside of getting lucky with Leblanc, its been completely neglected for almost a full calendar year since the Leake acquisition.

Yes indeed. Not a top FA signing to help the rotation nor a trade. NOTHING!!! That's what pisses me off the most.