• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Vs. Jays: August 2nd - 5th

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK- I've seen enough of this shit. Estrada (4-8 with a 4.90 ERA) made the M's look like a little league team hitting only giving up 1 hit through 7. Hope we don't get swept tomorrow. The Jays manager is a good example of a manager who knows how to use his pitching staff. Pulls Estrada right away rather than watching his lead fall apart. Have no idea how good the Jay's pen is but I'm sure the M's will find out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just feels like it's
tumblr_nawcwuLcmq1tfk8w3o1_500.gif

on the season already.

:tsk:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just feels like it's
tumblr_nawcwuLcmq1tfk8w3o1_500.gif

on the season already.

:tsk:
I hate cats but this one seems to know what's going on with this game. Good one WizardHawk :pound:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
giphy.gif
plane-crash-gif.gif
tumblr_nj8fgwgHb11qzft56o1_r1_400.gif
plane-crash-gif-1.gif

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news everyone, I'm back from Kosovo.

Haven't been able to watch a Mariners game in about two months, but I'll happily return to giving my feedback on the games.

Hope everyone has been doing well.

Good to have you back

Misery loves company

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I seriously hope Toronto does. To surrender to a sub-.500 team, it's obvious that they don't deserve a playoff spot after this.

Have fun tanking the rest of the season, boys! Thanks for proving that the first half was only a fluke!

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're planning on staying up for the game I sure the hell hope it's worth your time. Something tells me though that you won't be very sleepy if you watch the game cuz your adrenaline will be pumping watching the M's perform.

I was super excited to watch the Mariners play again, but I ended up falling asleep at 4ish pm and woke up just now (midnight here).

Luckily it doesn't look like I missed much lol.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super excited to watch my first game in two months. I'm ba
Good to have you back

Misery loves company

Given this playoff run, hopefully my pessimism won't bring down the overall atmosphere here. Ironically, I checked the box score for the Mariners before I'd check the news back when I was in Kosovo.

This is a post for another day, but I'm not the most optimistic about this season. I think the Mariners have the roster talent of a .500 team but have had a lot of things go their way thus far.

My friends were joking that I came back just for the Mariners possible playoff run and the Husky season.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given this playoff run, hopefully my pessimism won't bring down the overall atmosphere here. Ironically, I checked the box score for the Mariners before I'd check the news back when I was in Kosovo.

This is a post for another day, but I'm not the most optimistic about this season. I think the Mariners have the roster talent of a .500 team but have had a lot of things go their way thus far.

My friends were joking that I came back just for the Mariners possible playoff run and the Husky season.
On the contrary....your pessimism will fit right in here with many of the rest of us...but not all, there are still some who are keeping the faith. Someone has to I think. :D

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't take much digging to see there have been a group of us that weren't buying into this notion they are a deep playoff team even going back to when they were on a roll in May/June.

While a quite a few up here expected them to come back down to earth, even the most pessimistic among us didn't see THIS bad of a self destruction this quickly, but we all saw it coming. The only team worse since the all star break in all of baseball has been the hapless Padres. And the schedule going forward just looks like this free fall is going to continue and likely worsen.

Bring down the atmosphere here? That ship long since sailed my friend.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only has it sailed, it is running into stormy seas, taking on water and rapidly sinking.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I try and stay generally neutral but tend to lean more negative with this baseball team. Even when things were going well in June, I still just sat and waited for bad things to happen. Watching it unfold I really think the season is truly gonna scar me from Mariners baseball. It’s different from the 2009-2013 teams which didn’t have any talent. This team does and it’s just completely broken. The Servais extension was a mistake and this team has played like they thought it was since he got one

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 4 with Toronto will make it crystal clear about this team IMO. Leake (8-7, 4.16 ERA) against another ex Mariner Gaviglio (2-4, 5.10) at a home game after losing 5 straight "should" pencil out to be a W for us. If we get swept by the Jays, even if we get wins in Texas this week, we're dead meat the rest of the month and probably the rest of the season.

Servais has run out of excuses, but he has his extension and we're probably stuck with him as long as Dipoto is with the organization. It's really too bad for this club that Dipoto can't see what happens when you hire a manager with absolutely no experience managing at any level in any capacity. If I understand correctly, Servais's previous highest level of experience was as a scout for the Angels with Dipoto as the GM. Just flat out sad.

PS: I admire SeattleCoug for being able to remain neutral-wish I had the ability to do that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's a long season and this is but a small piece of it, but the A's swept the Jays in the 3 games, followed by what appears to be ripe for a 4 game sweep against us.

You don't have to look much past that to see where both teams are right now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't take much digging to see there have been a group of us that weren't buying into this notion they are a deep playoff team even going back to when they were on a roll in May/June.

While a quite a few up here expected them to come back down to earth, even the most pessimistic among us didn't see THIS bad of a self destruction this quickly, but we all saw it coming. The only team worse since the all star break in all of baseball has been the hapless Padres. And the schedule going forward just looks like this free fall is going to continue and likely worsen.

This is what noone could have forseen. We're they playing above their talent sure, but this team is too talented to be this bad.

This is why they shouldn't have given extensions to Dipoto and Servais yet.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Servais playing his "musical chairs" game again with the line up trying to make something happen- fat chance that the line up he screws with has anything to do with the offense. Get a hint Servais :gaah:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great security idea

I took down my Rebel flag (which you can't buy on ebay any more) and
peeled the NRA sticker off the front door.

I disconnected my home alarm system and quit the candy-ass Neighborhood Watch.

I bought two Pakistani flags and put one at each corner of the front
yard. Then I purchased the black flag of ISIS (which you CAN buy on
ebay) and ran it up the flag pole ...

Now, the local police, sheriff, FBI, CIA, NSA, Homeland Security,
Secret Service and other agencies are all watching my house 24/7.
I've NEVER felt safer and I'm saving $69.95 a month that ADT used to
charge me.

Plus, I bought burkas for my family when we shop or travel. Everyone
moves out of the way and security can't pat us down.

Hot Damn — Safe at last — Ain’t America great or what?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy chit- The M's have the lead...for the first time in this series!! Wonders never cease to amaze me.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE POPE AND YOUR BOSS? THE POPE ONLY EXPECTS YOU TO KISS HIS RING.....:pound: