• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Vs. Astros : July 30th - August 1st

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without their top 3 hitters the M's are no match for the Astros. 8 game lead in the WC is gone, playoff hopes are fading very quickly. I think we all knew they were playing above their skill level, but I was hoping they could at least make it to September before blowing it. Oh well.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are missing the fire because they aren't having fun per Servais last week. As long as they have fun, they win. Funny because in my 30 years of playing/coaching sports I always thought that if you won you had fun and not that having fun made you win. I went about it all wrong for all those years. :noidea:

Well Servais better get coaching advice from the kid coach from Little Big League.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Servais better get coaching advice from the kid coach from Little Big League.

Servais needs a hell of a lot more than advice: Among other things, he needs lots of time to learn the skills needed to manage a team to win AND a GM who is not his good buddy.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To which I will always contend that 1 game is not a series therefor not a playoff appearance. It is game 163 like in 1995 and that is it.

True, but the Mariners won’t win a series either, even if they got there .. every potential playoff team we could face will kick our butts ... pick the poison, Houston, Boston, New York, M’s have maybe a 5 percent chance to beat any of those teams...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is just me, but give me the biggest asshole if he can bat .300, play defense, and hit with RISP over a nice guy who brings crap to the field.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the Mariners won’t win a series either, even if they got there .. every potential playoff team we could face will kick our butts ... pick the poison, Houston, Boston, New York, M’s have maybe a 5 percent chance to beat any of those teams...

I believe with Paxton on the mound they have more than a 50 percent chance of beating the Yankees in one game playoff, especially in NY. As well as I feel they have the same against Boston as I believe it can be a toss up. But the AL does go through Houston and unless they do implode because of Osuna that is an unbeatable team for the Mariners.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe with Paxton on the mound they have more than a 50 percent chance of beating the Yankees in one game playoff, especially in NY. As well as I feel they have the same against Boston as I believe it can be a toss up. But the AL does go through Houston and unless they do implode because of Osuna that is an unbeatable team for the Mariners.

The key is Paxton really. I feel good about our chances when he's on the mound. The main reason is because that allows us to win a 3-2 game and that's the only kind of game this club is capable of winning.
Lets look at the games with Houston this season. They are 3-6 vs Houston. 3-0 when Paxton starts and obviously 0-6 when he doesn't. Its not a coincidence. This team doesn't hit so when they face a team that can put up 4 runs they are done most nights.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paxton is a stud .... but I just don’t think this O can get it done....