• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's vs Astros: 6/23 - 6/25

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a good weekend fellas, and it all starts with this guy:

kingfelix02.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^
Win 2 of 3 against the best team in the AL and you are cementing the run you are on big time.

Need to see Felix at least locate his pitches decently and avoid walks. Not sure I expect much out of him at this stage and maybe that's sad, but I do expect him to be a factor in the second half of the season.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^
Win 2 of 3 against the best team in the AL and you are cementing the run you are on big time.

Need to see Felix at least locate his pitches decently and avoid walks. Not sure I expect much out of him at this stage and maybe that's sad, but I do expect him to be a factor in the second half of the season.

The lineup that Felix always deserved since becoming King is finally here, and it may be now that he needs it more than ever. He lost many games that he should have won, now it's time he wins some games that he probably shouldn't. We are averaging six runs a game in June, that should suffice just as long as Servais doesn't keep him in too long once his arm spoils. Give us 6-7 innings of 3-run ball like last night and he will win a lot of games the rest of the year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lineup that Felix always deserved since becoming King is finally here, and it may be now that he needs it more than ever. He lost many games that he should have won, now it's time he wins some games that he probably shouldn't. We are averaging six runs a game in June, that should suffice just as long as Servais doesn't keep him in too long once his arm spoils. Give us 6-7 innings of 3-run ball like last night and he will win a lot of games the rest of the year.
Like I said, I'm not too worried or down on him for the second half. It's more about right now while he's getting back into the flow. He has been reinventing himself as it is because his velocity just isn't what it once was and he struggled at times with the command of the things he is trying to change. Now add some rust on top of that. I don't expect him to hold that lineup to only a run or two. I just don't want to see him fluster and shoot himself in the foot with extra walks or losing pitches in the middle of the strike zone for batting practice style HR's.

Paxton is struggling to get back into the flow he had and he was gone a lot shorter length of time, but then again he has been a bit of a head case his whole career so far.

Having the bats so alive right now is a huge plus at a time they really need it to be sure. With so many in the zone at the same time a few can drop off and it shouldn't leave them in the dumps as a team. It's a luxury they haven't had in a very long time.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

He was doing really well with walks to start the season before the injury, I thought that was a good sign from him. His walks were bad last season, if he can pick up were he left off to start the season with walks I think he will be fine. First start back though I am not going to judge him too critically.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was doing really well with walks to start the season before the injury, I thought that was a good sign from him. His walks were bad last season, if he can pick up were he left off to start the season with walks I think he will be fine. First start back though I am not going to judge him too critically.
Well that's the key. It's how will he look in live action after all of this time off. I don't worry about him once he's had a few starts and he's back into what he was working on prior to his injury. I don't know how sharp he will be in his first couple of games back.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kuma will be out a while longer. His shoulder is acting up and may not make his next rehab start. I think he is done.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kuma will be out a while longer. His shoulder is acting up and may not make his next rehab start. I think he is done.
Sad to say, but I totally agree. He's notching all of 84 for his fastball, that won't cut it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Johns‏Verified account @GregJohnsMLB 1h1 hour ago

Greg Johns Retweeted Kyle Lewis

Mariners top prospect headed back to Peoria on rehab assignment after banged his surgically-repaired knee on wall last week in Hi-A Modesto.

Greg Johns added,

Kyle LewisVerified account @KLew_20
Ups and downs
1f605.png

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the M's give Felix some run support. And as I type this another solo home run given up by Felix. Even up 6 runs, with the Astros offense this game isn't over.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-3 nice

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game, glad they won, so how many innings did Felix go ? His stuff looked good ?
Well I'll way this he looked good for first start since injury. He went 6 innings gave up 3 earned on 8 hits. 6 K's and 1 walk. 2 solo homers.

The offense really stole the show though. They punched Musgrove right in the mouth!

Shit Gallardo even picked up the 3 inning save.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logged in mostly to say, if any of y'all live in the Seattle area, I need more friends who care about the Ms. I'm drunk off my ass and when I yelled to our cabin "the mariners just won again!!!" The response was "Bryce you're drunk, nobody cares, go to bed."

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyson scoring on that wild pitch was incredible. He is another kind of fast.

Also, I don't want to say this too loudly, but I think Mike Zunino might be fixed! :hope:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just starting to get a little concerned with Zunino. He had gone 1-10 over the previous three games. When, wham, first pitch he saw was an upper deck moonbeam to left. That homerun pretty much took the fight out of Houston, and it was only the third inning.

The best news about Felix yesterday was that his changeup was working. The homers he gave up wee harmless and he may not have been that generous in a close game. He doesn't have to have his vintage velocity, he just needs good separation (7+ mph) between his fastball and changeup. Looks like he had it yesterday.