• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Trade Ramirez

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with it. With Ramirez being out of options he had to go and trading him for a guy that hasn't used any is nice. Especially when he could start games or become a lefty option out of the bullpen. Made sense for both teams.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montgomery also was a well-regarded prospect for the Royals as a first-round selection in 2008 as a prep pitcher out of California. The 25-year-old was dealt to the Rays in 2013 as part of the Wil Myers-James Shields blockbuster and has yet to reach the Majors.

Montgomery was on the Rays’ 40-man roster and still in Major League camp competing for a relief role. He has one Minor League option remaining.

The 6-foot-4, 200-pounder was 10-5 with a 4.29 ERA in 25 starts for Triple-A Durham last year, where he was a mid-season All-Star and helped lead the Bulls to the International League Championship Series for the second consecutive season.

Montgomery was rated by MLB.com as one of the top 50 overall prospects in baseball as recently as the 2012 season and was currently rated the Rays’ No. 27 prospect.

Montgomery was used as a reliever for the first time this spring. He pitched six games out of the bullpen for the Rays in Grapefruit League action this spring, posting a 2.38 ERA with three earned runs, two walks and nine strikeouts in 11 1/3 innings.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with it. With Ramirez being out of options he had to go and trading him for a guy that hasn't used any is nice. Especially when he could start games or become a lefty option out of the bullpen. Made sense for both teams.

Me too. I think we got equal talent (I think that is good even in E.R.'s case) which is hard to do when you have a guy out of options and is a borderline major leaguer.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, looks like we were running out of options for LH's out of the pen... If the Giants stink this year, I could see the M's make a deal for Jeremy Affeldt if we're in the thick of things... Jeremy had mentioned that he wouldn't mind ending his career in Seattle, since he's from Spokane, WA...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Giants will be out of it, but do like him if he comes available.

Like this move for now though.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I think we got equal talent (I think that is good even in E.R.'s case) which is hard to do when you have a guy out of options and is a borderline major leaguer.

That is true Erasmo may get a chance to be in the Rays rotation for awhile, maybe prove himself. I don't know the Rays exact SP situation but I know they have several injuries and E.R. will be able to give them depth to start the season.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, looks like we were running out of options for LH's out of the pen... If the Giants stink this year, I could see the M's make a deal for Jeremy Affeldt if we're in the thick of things... Jeremy had mentioned that he wouldn't mind ending his career in Seattle, since he's from Spokane, WA...

Interesting idea on Affeldt. He has been good for awhile now. Of course his availability/need would be do to the lack of success on the Giants part as well as a lack of success from the Mariner BP lefties. Something to think about though as the season goes on.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Giants will be out of it, but do like him if he comes available.

Like this move for now though.

But the Giants just won the WS so that means they will suck this year... But they will win the WS again in 2016. Then suck in 2017 then win it all again in 2018... It's a pattern you see.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless he gets his control back to where it was a couple of years ago, i don't see him lasting as a starter anywhere.

i had higher hopes for the guy. hope he does well wherever he ends up.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless he gets his control back to where it was a couple of years ago, i don't see him lasting as a starter anywhere.

i had higher hopes for the guy. hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Yea agree 100%. I was really high on him going into last year and its a bummer he never figured it out. He never really developed that "out pitch" to put hitters away when he got two strikes. Also it seems like he turned into a mental midget when things went wrong.

Regardless we were going to have waive him anyway so Im happy we got something that could potentially help us.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Giants just won the WS so that means they will suck this year... But they will win the WS again in 2016. Then suck in 2017 then win it all again in 2018... It's a pattern you see.

LOL you beat me to it.... I think the Dodgers are going to run away with that division this year, and if the Padres are what they want to be, they could seperate themselves from the giants too....

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Divish ‏@RyanDivish 58s58 seconds ago

M's have traded Erasmo Ramirez to the Rays in exchange for lefty Mike Montgomery.
Considdering Erasmo was 4-5 days away ffrom getting DFFAed, I'm glad they were able to get somethingg for him. montgomery will fill the void in the 2nd bullpen lefty competition vacated by Rollins' suspension.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you beat me to it.... I think the Dodgers are going to run away with that division this year, and if the Padres are what they want to be, they could seperate themselves from the giants too....

The Padres are very interesting to me going into this season. They made a lot of huge changes to their team, if anything they put themselves in a position to make it harder on other teams in their division. And if all the bats they acquired work out they could be right there with the top of that division down the stretch. Kemp has to stay healthy and Wil Myers has to be the guy he was expected to be, something closer to the 2013 version. NL west is an interesting division this year, that will be the division i watch closest outside of the AL West which should also be very intriguing.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Im hesitant to predict anything on the padres, we've seen the teams that do massive off seasoning signings/trades not necessarily work out so great, most recent the Marlins and Bluejays in the last few years.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Im hesitant to predict anything on the padres, we've seen the teams that do massive off seasoning signings/trades not necessarily work out so great, most recent the Marlins and Bluejays in the last few years.
the cubs became 12/1 favorites to win the 2014 world series when they acquired lester. true story.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cubs became 12/1 favorites to win the 2014 world series when they acquired lester. true story.

No way.... we've seen first hand what happens when you have to rely solely on young prospects "being what their projected to be"

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.... we've seen first hand what happens when you have to rely solely on young prospects "being what their projected to be"
not sure what that means

i was stating a fact. in december of last year, when they acquired lester, the cubs jumped to 12/1 to win the WS in vegas odds.

it was a tacit agreement with what you were saying about the pads. paper is one thing. reality is another.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what that means

i was stating a fact. in december of last year, when they acquired lester, the cubs jumped to 12/1 to win the WS in vegas odds.

it was a tacit agreement with what you were saying about the pads. paper is one thing. reality is another.

Yeah I hear you. I was just saying that I don't see it with the cubbies. Lester or not. They are expecting top prospects to all come up together and carry the day. Bryant, Solar, Baez, Russell. Thats alot of pressure on a bunch of unproven bats.

Kinda like how Smoak, Montero, Ackley, seager, Saunders, multiple SS's and C's over the years were going to save the mariners offense.