• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Homestead: Tigers-Twins-Jays July 14th - 23rd

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there any doubt that he was going to strike out in that situation?
Zero doubt in my mind he was going to fail to plate a run.

I was kinda hoping for a ball in play somewhere to give us a chance to score, but he strikes out 1 out of 3 at bats it seems.
And is a big O-fer in game winning rbi's. ZERO never a game winning hit or a walk off.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there any doubt that he was going to strike out in that situation?
I didn’t like it, I say let J.P swing away, I had a bad feeling sacrificing there and putting it on Julio was gonna backfire … Julio is a good prospect with solid potential, but he’s young and being crowned too early, he’s gotta earn those stripes …

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've come to the conclusion..
That exit velocity..
Means exactly..r..

Nothing....as far as winning .a game..
Is concerned...no..
Convince me of that then..

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had a manager that knew how to teach young players rather than use their youth as excuses for why we come up short then maybe we wouldn’t continue to see the same thing over and over.
Yep, Julio needs to figure it out though, you don’t always need the big home run

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vargas...300.v left.
273..v right..

Yeah..agreed..maney more times.ave.
Makes better..off..

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had a half ways decent manager, this team would definitely be postseason imo. Scotty Boy doesn't know shit about working with the pitching staff and has no f'n idea how to work with young upcoming stars. Dipstick and his shit for brains sidekick should be shit canned now and not yesterday. If we had ownership that knew what the hell they were doing, Dipoto (LA's cast away) never woulda have been hired. Jedi's narcasistic attitude knew he could play his little fantasies out in Seattle. So how many seasons has he and his buddy been with us?? Too many for this same old shit going on year after year after year. All the little toy bobblehead bullshit and other give away shit is getting old without the promises JD made. What Seattle needs is ownership and management that want to win baseball. With the combo we have now......it ain't gonna be happening. It would change real quick if fans quit filling the pockets of ownership. Seattle fans deserve so much better. They are tired of being rear ended.....PERIOD!!!!
End of rant but you can be guaranteed until things change there will be more coming, and as I have viewed on this forum, it won't be all coming from me. Y'all have just a wonderful day. :cool:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners tried to extend in before the season and he turned us down. Trade his ass for the best deal and if there isn't a good deal then take the comp pick for him.
That's interesting. Teoscar is represented by the same agency that represents Luis Castillo. Maybe they regret accepting the bargain we got for him.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donavan has arm trouble..can know only

Dh.for.cardinals.

could.put a damper his trade value.
At the deadline..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once a front runner...and mariners may still consider..
But maybe dodgers are off...

I don't know..
But they for sure need a guy ready for playoffs..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher report..
.7 Top mlb prospect yt to make there
debuit..
Could make a diff..for mariners .maybe..

1RHP..Conner Phillips....cinncinatti..no
Mariners no interest .at this point..

2 Ss / cf.
Ceddanne.Rafaelo..boston..
Maybe a bit of interest.

3 RHp nick frasso..LA dodgers .

4 Curtis mead..3b..Tampa bay...
Mariners could have..interest..
But mariners have shiner..
With 2nd most hrs..in..AAA..Pacific coast league..
Never the.less..maybe.
5 Ronny Marciano...ss...mets..
No doubt..mariers.have.interest..in.
Him..

6 heston kjerstad....of/1b..Baltimore oriales
Maybe

7 Kyle Harrison..LHP..San Francisco..
Maybe .

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting. Teoscar is represented by the same agency that represents Luis Castillo. Maybe they regret accepting the bargain we got for him.
It was right after the trade and I don't think he appreciated being traded or being traded here. He loved Toronto and you saw how Toronto loved him when we played there. I think he ends up back there next year.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners seem deparate..for a 2b

Seems they are.
Donavan. Would work.
Or Vargas..
Not for....a..mariners rotation ..guy..

Seems.im back where.i started..
I just hope they can get .an outfield..

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Julio needs to figure it out though, you don’t always need the big home run
Right, that was kind of my point. I just don't feel that we have the right skipper in charge to stay on him while he continues to swing out of his shoes. Rather than using Julios youth as an excuse to overlook the issue he should be in his ear teaching him how to better manage those situations. Could also be the way they manage him at the plate through signs, for all we know that idiot Servais is telling him to grip it and rip it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some ex-M's update:

Reds optioned RHP Levi Stoudt to Triple-A Louisville.
The 25-year-old hurler has really struggled in four appearances with the Reds this season — posting a 9.58 ERA, 2.32 WHIP and a 9/8 K/BB ratio across 10 1/3 innings. He’ll continue to refine his craft at Triple-A Louisville for the time being.

Jake Fraley went 1-for-4 with a solo homer and two RBI in the Reds’ 4-1 victory over the Diamondbacks.
The Reds were held scoreless until the sixth inning when TJ Friedl, Matt McLain, and Fraley went back-to-back-to-back off Diamondbacks starter Brandon Pfaadt. The 28-year-old is making the most of his opportunities this season. He doesn’t start against left-handed pitching but is hitting .269/.359/.482 with 14 homers and 16 stolen bases across 290 plate appearances.

Brandon Williamson threw six innings of one-run ball for the win as the Reds defeated the Diamondbacks 4-2 on Saturday.
It was an unexpected pitching duel in Cincinnati as the lefty went toe to toe with youngster Brandon Pfaadt on Saturday. Both teams were kept off the board before Williamson allowed a leadoff double to Jake McCarthy in the sixth. He would come around to score one batter later when Ketel Marte singled to right field. Williamson’s velocity was up on both his fastball and cutter, and he finished the game with five strikeouts. He faces a tough matchup next Friday as he heads to Los Angeles to face the Dodgers.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was right after the trade and I don't think he appreciated being traded or being traded here. He loved Toronto and you saw how Toronto loved him when we played there. I think he ends up back there next year.
I think you could be right.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from a trade deadline article that I saw today. I will post the article on Trade Deadline thread, but this was about Teo and what I thought from the start.

Should Probably Start Packing

OF Teoscar Hernández, C Tom Murphy​

The candid recent remarks by Hernández regarding how the trade from Toronto and his subsequent return shook him are a necessary reminder of the humanity inherent in these trades and proposals. Even as playing a sport and being quite well compensated is a stellar gig in many ways, not having agency over where you live or work if you want to do so is a significant trade-off, no pun intended.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuned in and see we're killing it again. 3 hit through 5:clap: