• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mr. Robot

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it happened. The consensus is Ray was a prison guard of some kind and recruited Elliot to work on the site from inside the prison. Honestly, that whole reveal was just stupid and unnecessary. It's a mindfuck for the sake of a mindfuck, not storytelling. The show is trying too hard
Agree 100%. Once you open the door to possibility that you can't rely on anything the show tells you, there is little point us watching the show. A trust has been broken.

I was on the fence during S1 because I couldn't tell if the Fight Club twist was supposed to be obvious or if it was just really badly written. Now I am starting to think it is just really badly written.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it happened. The consensus is Ray was a prison guard of some kind and recruited Elliot to work on the site from inside the prison. Honestly, that whole reveal was just stupid and unnecessary. It's a mindfuck for the sake of a mindfuck, not storytelling. The show is trying too hard

Its not that they are trying too hard, its that they are trying too hard to mind fuck people. Yeah, after realizing he is in prison, dont know for what yet, it makes sense that the team cannot find him or risk going to see him, it makes sense he had that set schedule, but being a guard is questionable since he did not have to ask to get his work done, I see him as more as that convict that runs the place. That dog might have been his last errand boy.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....this is getting to be a bit much.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, cause I just bought the 1st Season on DVD and after watching it I planned on giving it to my video store.

Then watching Season 2 which I have recorded on my PVR.

Oh well...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, cause I just bought the 1st Season on DVD and after watching it I planned on giving it to my video store.

Then watching Season 2 which I have recorded on my PVR.

Oh well...
It is still worth watching. The drop off is not as pronounced as Falling Sky's S1 vs S2.

But, IMHO, any discussion of this being the best show on TV is completely unfounded.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still worth watching. The drop off is not as pronounced as Falling Sky's S1 vs S2.

But, IMHO, any discussion of this being the best show on TV is completely unfounded.

As long as Better Call Saul is on I don't see how you can make a convincing argument for anything else.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to watch Season 1 and it was modestly interesting. But from the first episode I kept pleading "Don't make this a Fight Club situation".

When shows screw with our POVs that much it just isn't interesting to me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to watch Season 1 and it was modestly interesting. But from the first episode I kept pleading "Don't make this a Fight Club situation".

When shows screw with our POVs that much it just isn't interesting to me.
I was irritated because to this day, I still dont know if it was supposed to be as obvious as it was that that was the path they were taking. If it was not intended to be obvious, it was bad writing. If it was supposed to be obvious, than the whole reveal in the finale was anti-climactic.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, they took about 5 minutes to explain the last bunch of episodes and I guess consider us caught up now. Lets hope it just moves along in real time now. At least Person of Interest had the time scale to let you know when things were happening. This mind fuck deal seems to be pissing alot of fans off.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, they took about 5 minutes to explain the last bunch of episodes and I guess consider us caught up now. Lets hope it just moves along in real time now. At least Person of Interest had the time scale to let you know when things were happening. This mind fuck deal seems to be pissing alot of fans off.

All that summary did was just make me realize they literally wasted 3/4s of a season. If I just watched season 1 and jumped into the upcoming episode of season 2, I wouldn't feel left out much at all. They've advanced essentially nothing

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who, exactly, is "Ollie"? Is he the chicks BF that was pressuring her to divorce Tyrell and make him an honest man?

So there were essentially 2 "big" reveals this week, that personally fly like thuds...

1) Mom is alive and living in a convalescence home...

2) Elliot is also "Ollie"

Who cares about either of these?