• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moving on...Offseason

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have gone from 25th in the league in cap space to 12th as of this afternoon and they're not done yet.
Ifd they trade Cooks they'll pick up another $8M and if they dump Dwayne Allen, $5m more.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have gone from 25th in the league in cap space to 12th as of this afternoon and they're not done yet.
Ifd they trade Cooks they'll pick up another $8M and if they dump Dwayne Allen, $5m more.

How do you figure they have gained that much cap space? Am I missing something they have done as all I've seen is Allen Branch being let go (saving about $3.5 million) and that of releasing Bennett ($6.2 million). That would put them just barely above the Bills. That would put them about 15th.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll dump Allen's 5 mill before I drop Cooks 8 mill....

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently Sherman will be released over the next two days, and the same might be true for Talib, but I did hear Den and SF were talking...IDK....I honestly think I would pass on both and settle with Rowe and draft a CB in the 1st rd. We need LB badly and there are few out there who I think can help this team. I would rather spend the money on them, than an ageing CB. Rowe, Gillmore, Jones, Jones, Rookie...I think I can live with that. Now, if I had to pick. It would be Talib. Prob be cheaper than Sherman, and he knows the system.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they resign MB...Martellus, not Malcolm...at a friendlier rate.

I personally would like to see a healthy MB paired with a healthy Gronk.

Even if it is toward the end of both of their careers.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King is scheduled for restricted free agency. I don't see the Pats tendering him...even the lowest RFA tender is projected to be more than what they paid Slater this season. He hasn't shown enough to warrant that. More likely they either work out an extension with him laden with defensive playing time incentives beforehand, or they let him go into UFA and try to resign him for something close to the 3rd year veteran minimum.
2 year 2.6m extension for King. So they got him for two years for only a little more than it would've cost to tender him as an RFA at the lowest level this year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, BB has usually gotten his house in order before the free agent market opens. That way, he's going forward knowing what is and isn't in place. Seems like he's cranking it up a bit with FA opening next Wednesday at 12:01 AM.

Can be pretty sure that he's not looking to spend big chunks of money. I have a feeling that a lot of resignings and contract restructuring may be going on to give BB some flexibility in signing a FA or two.

We know he's really looking for a pass rushing DE and an OLB. Maybe a CB at a reasonable price or maybe even a trade. I would think if he's really looking to trade Cooks, he'll want a player in return and not just a draft pick.

If the Redskins are serious about Cooks, take Josh Norman off their hands and get DE Ryan Kerrigan for Cooks. Kerrigan had 13.5 sacks last year. He'll be 30, but having him and Norman might be enough to patcvh up the defense. Then concentrate on the OL in the draft.

With three oTs hitting free agency and tackle being at a premium, the Patrs could lose all three if there's a lot of money being tossed around. They all have two rings so money may be a more motivating factor.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of the Brady haters......................................

Today, Tom Brady raised $7.5M in donations for the Dana Farber Children's Cancer Hospiutal in Boston.

How did he do it? He allowed someone to give him a skinner haircut in public. He got people so excited that the Governor of Massachusetts got one too and was filmed taking selfies with Brady while Brady was getting his haircut.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I would like to BB get Solder done, add a LB (Brown, Whithead...etc) and then use the draft to get younger and quicker on Defense. NE should get a great player in their 1st 3 picks. However, something tells me that BB will move that 1st to add to this yrs draft. Getting another 2nd/3rd this yr would be nice. Personally, I'd like to see him make a pick, esp if one of these S/DE or CB is sitting there.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2018 the Rams may be the team to beat. In two moves costing them a 2nd, 4th and 5th round draft picks, they just may have the best Cornerback tandem in the NFL. Marcus Peters and Aquib Talib. I'll predict right now that this is the NFC's Super Bowl Representative. Goff and Gurley on the offense and a talented tough group on defense coached by Wade Phillips. These guys will be nasty.

What's really starting to piss me off are the reports by ESPN and NFL Network that the Patriots are in on a lot of these trades and deals but just can't close the door. Which make me wonder if it's BS or that team's are letting BB make an offer, and then saying "No Thanks,we'll takes less (Bennett) so that you don't get better." We're all sick of you being an annual AFC Champ and/or Super Bowl Champ.

Seems right now the priorities for the Patriots are:

1. Re-sign Solder
2. Re-sign Amendola
3. Find a pass rushing DE
4. Sign FA LB Preston Brown (144 tackles in 2017)
5. Draft a QB to groom to replace TB12
6. Find a better starting CB than Rowe
7. Find a RB to replace Dion Lewis

Rumors are that teams have contacted Solder and his price may be way too high for BB. Latest is that he's been offered 4 years $52M. That's $14M a year. Not sure how much is guaranteed. Solder is the best OT available and he plays on the left. After him the quality drops like a rock. I can't see BB paying more than $11M per for a 30 year old lineman. Also there was talk that at least one team is willing to overpay Amendola and that he's supposedly been offered 2 years $15M with $10M guaranteed. If these are true I'm not sure that BB will even bother trying. DA has shaved $10M off his contracts over the past 3 years and wants to stay in NE as a part timer during the season and a full timer in the playoffs. But I can't see him taking a 2 years deal for $6M and just tossing away $9M .

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2018 the Rams may be the team to beat. In two moves costing them a 2nd, 4th and 5th round draft picks, they just may have the best Cornerback tandem in the NFL. Marcus Peters and Aquib Talib. I'll predict right now that this is the NFC's Super Bowl Representative. Goff and Gurley on the offense and a talented tough group on defense coached by Wade Phillips. These guys will be nasty.

What's really starting to piss me off are the reports by ESPN and NFL Network that the Patriots are in on a lot of these trades and deals but just can't close the door. Which make me wonder if it's BS or that team's are letting BB make an offer, and then saying "No Thanks,we'll takes less (Bennett) so that you don't get better." We're all sick of you being an annual AFC Champ and/or Super Bowl Champ.

Seems right now the priorities for the Patriots are:

1. Re-sign Solder
2. Re-sign Amendola
3. Find a pass rushing DE
4. Sign FA LB Preston Brown (144 tackles in 2017)
5. Draft a QB to groom to replace TB12
6. Find a better starting CB than Rowe
7. Find a RB to replace Dion Lewis

Rumors are that teams have contacted Solder and his price may be way too high for BB. Latest is that he's been offered 4 years $52M. That's $14M a year. Not sure how much is guaranteed. Solder is the best OT available and he plays on the left. After him the quality drops like a rock. I can't see BB paying more than $11M per for a 30 year old lineman. Also there was talk that at least one team is willing to overpay Amendola and that he's supposedly been offered 2 years $15M with $10M guaranteed. If these are true I'm not sure that BB will even bother trying. DA has shaved $10M off his contracts over the past 3 years and wants to stay in NE as a part timer during the season and a full timer in the playoffs. But I can't see him taking a 2 years deal for $6M and just tossing away $9M .

Well hopefully Garcia is what we think he could be.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free-agent DT Ricky Jean Francois moving on from the Patriots
12:26 PM ET
  • i

Mike ReissESPN Staff Writer

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Veteran defensive tackle Ricky Jean Francois, who helped add depth down the home stretch and into the playoffs for the New England Patriots, said through his public relations agency that he is moving on from the team in 2018. Jean Francois thanked the Patriots in the process.

"I plan on continuing to play at the highest level. Hopefully I made a strong case for myself this past season," Jean Francois said. "I did absolutely everything I could to help the Patriots during my short time there, and I learned that playbook immediately. It takes a special type of player and discipline to do that so quickly. My priority right now is to find a stable home where I can step in and make a similar impact for a few more seasons before I ride off into the sunset."

Malcom Brown was sidelined with an ankle injury. He played in three games, was released Dec. 2, and then re-signed on Dec. 13 after Alan Branch injured his knee.

Jean Francois played the final six games of the season -- three in the regular season, three in the playoffs -- and head coach Bill Belichick complimented him at Super Bowl LII as a good example for younger players.

The 6-foot-3, 313-pound Jean Francois, who owns 30 Dunkin' Donuts franchises and had initially joked upon signing that he was in Dunkin' Donuts heaven, has played for the 49ers (2009-12), Colts (2013-14), Redskins (2015-16), Packers (2017) and Patriots (2017).

His stop in New England made an impression on him.

"I'd like to thank Robert Kraft, Coach Belichick, Coach Patricia and the Patriots front office for allowing me to be a part of something that not a lot of players get the opportunity to do -- play for the New England Patriots," he said. "Playing in Foxboro made me appreciate this game a lot more. Thank you to everyone there for giving me a great experience that I'll remember for the rest of my life. …

"My NFL journey has been a blessing. Lots of other people would love to be where I have been. Whenever I get the opportunity to sit back, I think about how lucky I've been to be able to be a part of so many successful franchises. Last season, I got to be a part of what New England has and I gained some insight into why they're at the top year after year. Those lessons and continuing to grow and learn help me enjoy football that much more."

As for the Patriots' plans at defensive tackle, they have Brown, Lawrence Guy, Vincent Valentine and Adam Butler on the depth chart.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RJF might need to start next season on the PUP list from the strain of patting himself on the back.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear the only reason the Dolphins tagged Landry was to keep him from coming here and Welker'ing them again...just watch, they'll trade him somewhere else for pennies on the dollar.
The Browns are sending a 2018 fourth-round pick and a 2019 seventh-round pick to Miami for WR Jarvis Landry, per sources.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are sending a 2018 fourth-round pick and a 2019 seventh-round pick to Miami for WR Jarvis Landry, per sources.

Don't you just hate being right?? You ask yourself, how did i see this coming and no one else did??

The Browns are on a roll................Landry, Tyrod Taylor and all it's costing them is draft picks and money. Both of which they are flush.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, bring me Solder or Sherman. I would prefer Solder...but if he wants to get paid one more time before he retires, then he is gone. I'll take Sherman on a Revis type 1yr deal....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via @AdamSchefter: Browns get a mid-round 2019 pick and Patriots get DT Danny Shelton and a 2018 draft pick.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns get conditional 3rd Round pick in 2019. Patriots get Danny Shelton and the Browns 5th Round pick this year. Great deal. Just replaced Alan Branch with a guy who's twice as productive. Shelton wasn't playing three downs by the end of 2017 but he won't be playing 3 downs in the Patriots defense. He was touted as the next Vince Wilfork when he was drafted in 2015 but few players have ever been Vince Wilfork, other than Vince Wilfork.