• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MoviePass

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often avoid certain movies due to the cost. This is an awesome deal. Any 2D movie. Any theatre. Any day.

At the bottom of the page, type in your zip code to make sure your theatres are listed.

Limited two per household.

MoviePass - Watch New Movies in Theaters

We all love to save money. Check it out. :suds:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I visited the website and tried my zip code to see which theaters in my area accept this MoviePass, and I received an error message (I'm on Windows 10 using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox).

So...if the zip code search function of their website doesn't work, then I'm not too confident about their technological prowess and reliability of the required phone app. A fookup of something so common as a zipcode search has me thinking this is a 3rd rate company which probably also has shitty customer service and support.

Do I sound harsh?.... you're damn right. I expect top notch functionality and service for my money.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I visited the website and tried my zip code to see which theaters in my area accept this MoviePass, and I received an error message (I'm on Windows 10 using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox).

So...if the zip code search function of their website doesn't work, then I'm not too confident about their technological prowess and reliability of the required phone app. A fookup of something so common as a zipcode search has me thinking this is a 3rd rate company which probably also has shitty customer service and support.

Do I sound harsh?.... you're damn right. I expect top notch functionality and service for my money.
It does sound too good to be true. That being said, the zip code search function worked for me when I tried it. Wish it gave a little more information. I can't expect that it'll let you get a ticket for an opening night blockbuster movie.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually looked it up.

Also, you can't buy your tickets in advance; you have to actually go to the theater and hope the showing you want isn't sold out.
is-moviepass-a-good-deal

doesn't sound like a bad deal at all, if you watch a lot of movies.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about a concession stand pass? I like that better than movie pass.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried the zip code search function again....it now works.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about a concession stand pass? I like that better than movie pass.
Those all day eryday buckets are where it's at.

"Hey sweetcheeks, you need anything? I'm running to the theatre for some popcorn."

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i can't figure out the business model here.

MoviePass Goes For Broke With $7.50 Per Month Annual Plan

they're losing money now, but hope they can gain volume and get a market share, on the other end, theaters don't like this for some reason? From what i can tell. movie pass is still paying for every ticket you buy in a month on that $7.50. Hoping to get a share of a concession boost, I really don't know. Or they think it'll work like people buying gym memberships. Don't think they realize how laziness fits into one model, but not the other.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i can't figure out the business model here.

MoviePass Goes For Broke With $7.50 Per Month Annual Plan

they're losing money now, but hope they can gain volume and get a market share, on the other end, theaters don't like this for some reason? From what i can tell. movie pass is still paying for every ticket you buy in a month on that $7.50. Hoping to get a share of a concession boost, I really don't know. Or they think it'll work like people buying gym memberships. Don't think they realize how laziness fits into one model, but not the other.

Is there anything that prevents a buyer from lending their pass to another person?

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Cinemark Is Trying To Compete With MoviePass

According to Cinemark Holdings, the parent company of a slew of theater chains including Cinemark, Century Theaters, Tinseltown USA, CineArts and Rave Cinemas, moviegoers at these theaters will be able to purchase a Cinemark Movie Club pass. The good news? The pass will only cost you $8.99--which prices out MoviePass by a significant percentage of cost, although isn't a huge different in the total amount. The bad news? The new pass isn't as wide open as MoviePass' seems to be.

The Cinemark Movie Club pass is good for one 2D ticket per month. If you don't use your pass in a given month, the movie will roll over. Subsequent movies seen during the same month will only cost the subscriber $8.99, which is a good deal in some locations where movie tickets can reach up into the $15 plus range. There are also no online fees if you order tickets that way, and users will get 20% off of concessions each time they hit up a Cinemark Holdings-owned theater.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, this is good. It's a start. I hope more companies try this. Competition is good. This could bring expensive movie prices down.

Movie Pass needs limitations on theirs if they want to survive. One 2D movie, every day is ridiculous.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything that prevents a buyer from lending their pass to another person?

They would need your phone and card.

I've used it twice this week. Thor and JL. No issues.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really was the greatest thing invented

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMC Unveils Answer to MoviePass: $20 Subscription Plan

1. On Tuesday, the theater chain will begin offering guests the chance to see up to three movies per-week for the monthly fee of $19.95. The offering is being run through its loyalty program AMC Stubs, and has been dubbed AMC Stubs A-List. In a clear dig towards MoviePass, a thorn in the exhibition business’ side because of its discounted ticketing, AMC calls its pricing “sustainable.”

2. However, AMC’s program offers some features that MoviePass has not matched. Namely, customers can see movies in premium formats such as IMAX, Dolby Cinema, and RealD. MoviePass can only be used for 2D films.

3. AMC plan is distinct from MoviePass in other respects. The exhibitor said that subscribers will not be able to carryover movies from week to week if they see fewer than three. Unlike MoviePass, however, they can even see all three movies on the same day, and they can watch movies they have previously seen. Guests can also reserve tickets in advance. MoviePass customers have to be within a certain distance of a theater before booking tickets and they cannot buy tickets multiple times for the same movie.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMC Unveils Answer to MoviePass: $20 Subscription Plan

1. On Tuesday, the theater chain will begin offering guests the chance to see up to three movies per-week for the monthly fee of $19.95. The offering is being run through its loyalty program AMC Stubs, and has been dubbed AMC Stubs A-List. In a clear dig towards MoviePass, a thorn in the exhibition business’ side because of its discounted ticketing, AMC calls its pricing “sustainable.”

2. However, AMC’s program offers some features that MoviePass has not matched. Namely, customers can see movies in premium formats such as IMAX, Dolby Cinema, and RealD. MoviePass can only be used for 2D films.

3. AMC plan is distinct from MoviePass in other respects. The exhibitor said that subscribers will not be able to carryover movies from week to week if they see fewer than three. Unlike MoviePass, however, they can even see all three movies on the same day, and they can watch movies they have previously seen. Guests can also reserve tickets in advance. MoviePass customers have to be within a certain distance of a theater before booking tickets and they cannot buy tickets multiple times for the same movie.

The AMC near us is $4.99 for a matinee.