• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountaineer Center construction started

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU Today | Mountaineer Center wellness facility under construction at Mylan Park

The starting gun has sounded and construction workers are off and running building Mountaineer Center, a community wellness facility at Mylan Park featuring competitive and community pools and a track and field complex that will also attract visitors from across the region.

In addition to school and community use, the estimated $40 million, state-of-the-art center will also be home for West Virginia University’s men’s and women’s swimming and diving and track and cross-country teams.

The Center, which will be owned by the Mylan Park Foundation, will open in two phases, with the track and field venues scheduled for fall of 2018 and the aquatic area in spring of 2019. A celebration of the Center’s progress is planned for later this year.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that this means men's track and field, although not being considered by Lyin' Shane Lyons at this point, will be added to the sports portfolio? Maybe since it's not totally coming out of his pocket, he may now revisit his former stance. Before people get upset, I'm not saying he was wrong for not bringing it back. I just wonder if it will change the numbers.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Track Team?...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Women still have a track team.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Track team = extra football recruits (dual sport kick return guys and James Jett's of the world)...

Get r done Shano!!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Track Team?...
You know...where people run around a track shaped like NASCAR. If you played the sounds of a race car over the loudspeakers, I bet there would be a sellout every night, especially if you have runners crashing / tripping each other periodically. You could have fans participation by making the hammer and discus throw setup like a skeet range. An athlete launches, a fan pays good money for a shot to hit it in mid-air. If we would let our Rifle Team participate for free, they could get in extra practice and we would never lose another Track and Field event again.