• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West Expansion Ideas article

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Create your own Mountain West

This was an interesting read of possible ideas we could do for expansion

Personally with the state the Mountain West has been in, I think it should expand as there's some solid candidates out there

This article was inspired by Wichita State wanting to join the league and use it as a way to restart their football program

I actually think Wichita State would be a good idea, they would help get us back to being a multi bid league in basketball, but starting a football program won't be easy. The thing is it can be done, obviously they will take their lumps and in their first years in the league as a football program they will probably be one of the worst teams in the league.

The reason I think it would work is Wichita State has a recognizable brand, so much more of one than recent football startups UTSA, Georgia State or Charlotte had. I think Wichita State football would be successful.

The article mentions adding a 14th, which is a possible option as it is easier to have 14 teams for football and 13 for basketball when it comes to scheduling.

Only two options listed I like are BYU and North Dakota State, we offer BYU see if they really want to stick it out as an independent longer or not and if that doesn't work, which is highly likely we should add North Dakota State, who I honestly think would instantly succeed at the highest level of football.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing about Witchita State, and how they would need a football team before joining. I think they want to expand, and MWC is probably an ideal place for them to grow.

dj_john69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,065.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, i don't see Wichita State joining the MWC due to no football team. I do see a half crappy Texas team joining and taking us down a few notches. Like Texas State or North Texas.

They need to leave it the way it is currently.