1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Mountain West Conference' started by BoiseStateFan27, Dec 11, 2016.

1. dj_john69

dj_john69 Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,066

Bye bye Neal. He sucked anyways. They need to nail a great coach to stay relevant!!

2. BoiseStateFan27

BoiseStateFan27 Sir Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 728

Much needed that's for sure

Hopefully New Mexico gets someone that will make them a quality team again soon

3. BoiseStateFan27

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 728

Couple big games for this conference in basketball tonight

biggest is Nevada vs Rhode Island, I guess Rhode Island is really good this year or something so this is a potential opportunity for Nevada to get a quality win if they can pull it off

Wyoming @ Oregon State - Oregon State made the tournament either last year or the year before I think, either way if Wyoming can win it beats the alternative

More to come tomorrow

4. BoiseStateFan27

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 728

Strong start as both Nevada and Wyoming won last night

San Diego State plays Arizona State on the road in another big one tonight

Bad news for Nevada's win is Rhode Island lost their star player to injury and he's out for a while so that win could be devalued

5. BoiseStateFan27

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 728

San Diego State got destroyed by Arizona State....that is not a positive development

6. BoiseStateFan27

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 728

So far I'm glad Boise State is doing a solid job so far, need to close the deal in the Puerto Rico championship game

bad news is Colorado State I think we can safely say they're not going to be a quality win for anyone, lost by over 20 to Tulane today

7. Boise4Life

Boise4Life Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

This is how you end the nation’s longest home winning streak. The last time Oregon lost at home was right around the exact same time I saw Phish play in their arena. That was three years ago.

8. BoiseStateFan27

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 728

It was a huge win for us to revive our at-large hopes, helps that the conference is doing pretty well

San Diego State beat Georgia, and their loss to Arizona State that I said wasn't good earlier in this thread apparently is a blowout loss to a good team...never heard of Arizona State being good at basketball. San Diego State does have a clunker against Washington State though

Nevada is looking like the top team in the conference, they're unbeaten with a quality win over Rhode Island who has some good wins themselves. This week is the biggest of Nevada's season because they play Texas Tech and TCU, two ranked teams on the road. If they can win one of those it would be huge.

UNLV has a good win over Utah, they lost to Northern Iowa but Northern Iowa looks pretty good, last night unfortunately UNLV blew a golden opportunity as they had a big lead on Arizona but lost it in the 2nd half to lose in overtime

Colorado State has looked mostly bad but they did remove Colorado from the unbeatens yesterday so that helps

9. BoiseStateFan27

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 728

We just got a very unexpected boost

Loyola-Chicago who we beat by 30 something points last week and was pretty much an afterthought on our schedule just went on the road and upset the Florida Gators

it is also really helpful that so far we are the only team to beat Loyola-Chicago

hopefully they keep playing well