• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West Basketball Thread

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to discuss how bad our league sucks

after yet another bad day of basketball for the league yesterday we have officially clinched being a 1 bid league this year.

Just a few years ago we were putting 4-5 teams in the tournament yearly. How did this league tank so fast?

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pokes are at 7-2.....so that's a thing

of course that's one of the worst starts in the last 4-5 years

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pokes are at 7-2.....so that's a thing

of course that's one of the worst starts in the last 4-5 years

Didn't even know you folks had a good record but what are the losses?

dj_john69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,065.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pacific and cal

LOL. Pacific SUCKS this year so don't pound your chest just yet man. Conference play is right around the corner. Then, you can see how mighty your Cowboys are this season.

Wish that the regular bad ass teams were up to par this season but they are sucking ass. WTG UNLV, New Mexico and SDSU

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pacific and cal

Oh...not as good as I was thinking

still you might still be able to contend for the league title. It's not like anyone else has been good.

Colorado State beat Colorado and Nevada stepped up and beat Washington the other day, that's about all this league has done

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...not as good as I was thinking

still you might still be able to contend for the league title. It's not like anyone else has been good.

Colorado State beat Colorado and Nevada stepped up and beat Washington the other day, that's about all this league has done

Washington sucks and Pacific has four wins this season. Not looking good at all for the MWC.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington sucks and Pacific has four wins this season. Not looking good at all for the MWC.

I heard Washington has a really good player so I figure they could be ok. Pacific is a very bad loss

We beat SMU which was good but promptly took a bad loss to Evansville to end our at-large hopes

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Washington has a really good player so I figure they could be ok. Pacific is a very bad loss

We beat SMU which was good but promptly took a bad loss to Evansville to end our at-large hopes

He might end up going #1. Top 3 definitely. I'm not sure if it's still the case but they are/were on a four or five game losing streak. They're terrible.

Boise State stinks too, but that's no big surprise after losing so much from a team that also disappointed last season.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might end up going #1. Top 3 definitely. I'm not sure if it's still the case but they are/were on a four or five game losing streak. They're terrible.

Boise State stinks too, but that's no big surprise after losing so much from a team that also disappointed last season.

Sad thing is this year's team still probably ranks in the top 10 of the best teams in Boise State basketball history. Our basketball program was nothing to speak of before Rice got here. Being disappointed in a Boise State basketball team is progress as we finally had expectations.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is this year's team still probably ranks in the top 10 of the best teams in Boise State basketball history. Our basketball program was nothing to speak of before Rice got here. Being disappointed in a Boise State basketball team is progress as we finally had expectations.

Oh for sure. And as much as I enjoy CBB, let's not fool ourselves. Football runs everything in this country as it should. So if the hoops team goes 0-30 every season while the football team dominates, well I'd be perfectly fine with it. Football is king and trumps everything else.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure. And as much as I enjoy CBB, let's not fool ourselves. Football runs everything in this country as it should. So if the hoops team goes 0-30 every season while the football team dominates, well I'd be perfectly fine with it. Football is king and trumps everything else.

Agreed basketball is definitely secondary. It does benefit us to have a basketball program that's at least decent and could contend for the tournament each year. In terms of expansion, obviously there are bigger factors than a basketball program, but having a decent one almost seems required to make a jump these days.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tmai

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Pacific SUCKS this year so don't pound your chest just yet man. Conference play is right around the corner. Then, you can see how mighty your Cowboys are this season.

Wish that the regular bad ass teams were up to par this season but they are sucking ass. WTG UNLV, New Mexico and SDSU
easy there, guy...it's way too early in the season for rustled jimmies

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevada has votes.. so there's that, they're the kingpin of this sorry conference.

We can at least have fun bickering with each other all year but the only games that really matter are the conference tournament. Only one of us will see the tournament and that will determine who it is

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevada has votes.. so there's that, they're the kingpin of this sorry conference.

We can at least have fun bickering with each other all year but the only games that really matter are the conference tournament. Only one of us will see the tournament and that will determine who it is
giphy.gif

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Mexico has got to be looking at a coaching change this offseason

for years they've been in or around the top 25

this year they've been terrible.

Them playing Arizona would normally be a great matchup between two good teams, now New Mexico is so pathetic I think they're losing by 30 right now

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
checking in on this thread....pokes beat depaul last night so they will be taking on thee might usc trojans for the vegas classic championship

still just the two losses

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
checking in on this thread....pokes beat depaul last night so they will be taking on thee might usc trojans for the vegas classic championship

still just the two losses

Well sir an upset win over USC would come a long ways toward undoing the stank of that Pacific loss