• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most overrated rock star

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dead suck schweddy monkey balls. I saw them at Red Rocks in 1978 and it remains to this day the most boring fucking concert I've ever been too. Just awful.

You clearly weren't high enough. ;) That helps with those hour long songs where they meander around separately for a while until they slowly come together to get back to playing the original f**cking song they started with.

That being said. I personally really like the Greatful Dead and enjoyed the concerts I went to because, well you know.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I forgot to mention the Grateful Dead, they are the most over-rated band in history. They have such a loyal fanbase yet their music sucks. They have no good songs, zero. Well, a few days ago, I was watching a documentary on the Hell's Angels on the History Channel. They said that the HA's were the first big group to bring meth into the US and the first thing they did to distribute their merh was reach an agreement with the GD to do so at their concerts. Now things make a bit more sense.

They have a ton of great songs.. But given the amount of albums they've cranked out over the decades their share of crap too.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not for the life of me understand what people saw in KISS.

For me, it had a lot to do with my age. I had an older brother and my musical tastes were just being formed. He had a lot of KISS albums. To an 8 or 9 year old kid, the music, and that double vinyl album with all the imagery, it was pretty mind blowing.

kiss-alive-ii-gatefold.jpg

kiss-alive-ii-back.jpg

KISS was overrated af.

But I still like a few songs. Going Blind is epic af.

Now, I tend to agree, they are mostly overrated. But I would go with something more like this for epic:

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-4_8-36-16.jpeg
    upload_2017-12-4_8-36-16.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 1

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Dead. They have a lot of filler bullshit. They're a jam band, so there is a lot of BS for sure, but they also wrote some good tunes, like Friend of the Devil, Uncle John's Band, Ripple...plus they were some of the first dudes to recreationally eat LSD. Robert Hunter was an MK-ULTRA guinea pig. The Dead and Ken Kesey's(also an MK-ULTRA guinea pig) Merry Pranksters are responsible for dosing half the fucking country.

That is some pretty heavy history right there, and worthy of respect.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it had a lot to do with my age. I had an older brother and my musical tastes were just being formed. He had a lot of KISS albums. To an 8 or 9 year old kid, the music, and that double vinyl album with all the imagery, it was pretty mind blowing.

kiss-alive-ii-gatefold.jpg

kiss-alive-ii-back.jpg

Now, I tend to agree, they are mostly overrated. But I would go with something more like this for epic:

I am no KISS authority. Going Blind is my fave of theirs tho.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Dead. They have a lot of filler bullshit. They're a jam band, so there is a lot of BS for sure, but they also wrote some good tunes, like Friend of the Devil, Uncle John's Band, Ripple...plus they were some of the first dudes to recreationally eat LSD. Robert Hunter was an MK-ULTRA guinea pig. The Dead and Ken Kesey's(also an MK-ULTRA guinea pig) Merry Pranksters are responsible for dosing half the fucking country.

That is some pretty heavy history right there, and worthy of respect.
Ever listen to John Cohen or The New Lost City Ramblers?

Uncle John's Band was for them. Theyre cool as hell. Were, since most really are lost now.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not for the life of me understand what people saw in KISS.

Years ago, a buddy called me at the last minute and asked if I wanted to go to a KISS concert. He had broken up with his girlfriend and had a spare ticket. This was in their brief “no makeup” period. Turns out, without the makeup and the fire, their music really sucks. Worst concert I have ever attended.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly weren't high enough. ;) That helps with those hour long songs where they meander around separately for a while until they slowly come together to get back to playing the original f**cking song they started with.

That being said. I personally really like the Greatful Dead and enjoyed the concerts I went to because, well you know.

Any higher and my buddies and I would have been in a coma.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daaaaammmn, thought it was Meatloaf.

At first glance I did too, but then I realized Meatloaf would have to lose a hundred pounds to look THAT fat.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Genius marketers.

"Genius," or "shameless?"

Granted, they've sold a bunch of stuff and are richer than hell, but forgive me if I'm not ready to call them geniuses for putting their name on every single piece of shit they could fit it on and selling it.

Fucking coffins?
Kiss-Kasket.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're probably around the same age. Maybe you're a little older. I was born in '76 and also had an older brother who was very into KISS. For whatever reason, that's something I just never picked up on. I did get Zepplin and Rush from him, though.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they suck. their songs are obnoxious and lame, and even though i haven't heard them live myself, i've know many folks who have, the great majority of which saying they don't sound "good" live, at all. mick jagger is a big-lipped, goofy-looking effeminate weirdo who prances and preens like he's daffy duck, an overrated "rock star"

That's complete bullshit.

Daffy doesn't prance.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Genius," or "shameless?"

Granted, they've sold a bunch of stuff and are richer than hell, but forgive me if I'm not ready to call them geniuses for putting their name on every single piece of shit they could fit it on and selling it.

Fucking coffins?
Kiss-Kasket.jpg
Well..the goal of marketing is to make money isn't it?

They turned 4 shitty jewish "musicians" into household names and made themselves boatloads of money in the process, and are still making boatloads of money.

They are either Marketing Geniuses or the luckiest shitty band ever.