• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Dysfunctional Franchise in the NFL: Denver Broncos

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway may be looking for part ownership. He was offered part ownership as a player and declined. That piece would now be worth $420MM.

He should get some part of the Broncos . Not sure how much ... also the last owner is a pain in the ass in this area . Every time pat talks Elway and getting part of the Broncos he starts talking law Suit

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that possible ownership is what's holding up Elway's contract. That and the very uncertain future of team ownership due to Pat Bowlen's failing health. If he were healthy, Elway's contract would be done. I do not believe that the holdup is due to base salary negotiation, any negative feelings about Elway's performance or any bad feelings that Elway has toward the Broncos. This is simply an issue of bad and complicated timing.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I saw this headline. The Broncos aren't even close to being the most dysfunctional. The 49ers were probably at the top at one point but it is going good so far with the new FO. I think it is probably the Washington Redskins right now

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of options ahead of Denver. San Fran is a good one.. They've really kept fans on their toes the last few years with some head scratchers.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could be fans of Brown's, Jets, Bills, Bears, Chargers ( once Rivers is gone ),etc. At least Denver has a light at end of tunnel. Could Denver suffer a 108 year futility like Cubs ? Of course. No team in any major sport isn't a bad decision away from the " death kiss ". Fans will always be there though. True ones anyway. Such is life in fandom. Ya never know.
There are a lot of options ahead of Denver. San Fran is a good one.. They've really kept fans on their toes the last few years with some head scratchers.
Jets? Or every team in East not named NE :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dysfunctional is definitely not the word I would use. There is a lot up in the air obviously with the whole Ownership situation going on and of course Elway's contract but sounds like Elway's contract will get done. So that leaves ownership but right now it doesn't seem like the group making the decisions is in any hurry to name a successor in the Bowlen family.

Dysfunctional to me is a word I use for an organization that has an established owner, GM that can't do squat, and a QB situation that just seems to never get answered. Broncos have been one of the most consistent franchises in all of sports not just football. They have some smart people making decisions and I trust them to continue to get things right.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say Bronco organization is dysfunctional is mind boggling. Not only have they been one of most successful and consistent NFL franchises for many many years, they have a owner and family going thru a very heartbreaking situation with Alzheimer disease. For someone very familiar with this disease, it is very difficult road to travel and experience. Dysfunctional is as far from accurate as you can get. Uncertainty might be better description.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dysfunctional is definitely not the word I would use. There is a lot up in the air obviously with the whole Ownership situation going on and of course Elway's contract but sounds like Elway's contract will get done. So that leaves ownership but right now it doesn't seem like the group making the decisions is in any hurry to name a successor in the Bowlen family.

Dysfunctional to me is a word I use for an organization that has an established owner, GM that can't do squat, and a QB situation that just seems to never get answered. Broncos have been one of the most consistent franchises in all of sports not just football. They have some smart people making decisions and I trust them to continue to get things right.

If we are dysfunctional what is Clev Det Jets Jax lol? We have 2nd most wins in NFL with John on board. What stupid comments this article was. God bless Pat Bowlen great owner awful disease. Shame on you NFL for not honoring HOF nod this year he deserved it esp before the disease gets worse.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say Bronco organization is dysfunctional is mind boggling. Not only have they been one of most successful and consistent NFL franchises for many many years, they have a owner and family going thru a very heartbreaking situation with Alzheimer disease. For someone very familiar with this disease, it is very difficult road to travel and experience. Dysfunctional is as far from accurate as you can get. Uncertainty might be better description.

Much better word choice but unfortunately with media that word doesn't grab the attention of Dysfunctional. Heck we probably are not talking about the article if he used "Uncertainty". I hate what is going on with Bowlen. I think many have seen a family member or close friend go through Alzheimer's before and yes terrible disease to watch someone close to you go through that. Going through some of it with my grandma right now. So far she has not forgot me when I have gone to see her but she has forgotten the names of all but one of her children and continues every time my dad goes to see her on a daily basis to yell at him for never seeing her. I see it just destroying him so yeah to use that type of situation that is going on with Bowlen to then call the team dysfunctional is ridiculous.

And honestly I think they have handled the situation very well. Joe Ellis and his group have done a great job (other than the naming rights to the stadium and well getting Elway signed long-term) of keeping things going until they can get something figured out long-term. Elway and his group have done a great job of handling the football side of things. Obviously being hte 2nd most successful franchise over the past 6 years and really the 2nd most successful franchise of the last 20 years with 3 Championships just shows how great of an organization this has been and even though personnel have changed left and right things continue to stay successful. So far from dysfunctional.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are dysfunctional what is Clev Det Jets Jax lol? We have 2nd most wins in NFL with John on board. What stupid comments this article was. God bless Pat Bowlen great owner awful disease. Shame on you NFL for not honoring HOF nod this year he deserved it esp before the disease gets worse.

Good question. They are an Apocalyptic wasteland I guess.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Al was talking about the past. I'm sure of that. He's talking about the present and future.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Al was talking about the past. I'm sure of that. He's talking about the present and future.
I wouldn't even say he's talking about the present. Rather, he's talking about a possible future that has as of now a very low probability of coming to pass.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even say he's talking about the present. Rather, he's talking about a possible future that has as of now a very low probability of coming to pass.
" that as now has a very low possibility of
Really have to agree here. To " not be optimistic " of this franchise going forward and continued success, at this point is just...I guess, a unwarranted negative attitude. This is a tough business and to stay on top of game and produce even a playoff contender is extremely challenging. Not to say that the Broncos could suffer a decade plus drought like many other teams, but IMO this organization is by far, in much better shape than many teams and most should be highly optimistic for continued success for many years until proven otherwise. There are Jet fans that are going into this season hopeful against all odds that would KILL to be in a Bronco fans position. We are two years removed from SB 50 and a game away last yr from missing playoffs. The future is so bleak ! ;)