• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Cringeworthy Littleleague Experiences

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was getting to be past 9pm on a school night, but still the 5th inning. The opposing coach, who also ran the league, was still losing so he kept the game going later and later because he was trying to win.

I got stung by a bee in the outfield.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, my nose is crooked from bad hops, not to mention a few black eyes. One time when I was a kid I also got hit under my eye and got 7 stitches from it. Still have the scar, although it's faded over time. I deserved it, was getting ticked off and tried to swat the ball with my glove when my brother, future college pitcher, threw the ball. I was 12 I think, nearly needed reconstructive surgery or if it hit higher could have blinded me.
Playing right field, batter hits one straight up to me, over my head. I'm backing up, then turn right into the fence, smashing my nose on the top of the chain link fence (those that are now covered with protective plastic barriers).

Didn't break my nose, but bled like a stuck pig on my nice white uniform.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was getting to be past 9pm on a school night, but still the 5th inning. The opposing coach, who also ran the league, was still losing so he kept the game going later and later because he was trying to win.

I got stung by a bee in the outfield.
The league I played in a lot of games were scheduled for 8:00. We are a small community, lot of plat workers, so they wanted to give coaches/dads a chance to get home so the first set of games began at 6.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i was about 11 i hit a homerun and i got so excited that i flung the bat into the catcher. Boomerang style. He was so pissed. The ump warned me lol. Also, it was a monster shot for a 11 year old. "He got all of that one!"

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a blow to your ego.
mac-gif-2.gif

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummmm....does this count?

There was an ump in a summer league that I played in that basically had a strike zone like that. I wasn't as blatant as that catcher with shuffling 3 feet to the side before the pitch, though. I basically started with one foot on the outside corner of the plate, and told the pitcher to make him call the pitches out there a ball before we threw anything over the plate.

The other team was PISSED.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember if it was my freshman or sophomore year of college, but I got doubled off second on a foul ball during an intrasquad game. Took off on contact because I thought there were two outs, was halfway around third when I saw them doubling me off.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One time we were getting clobbered. All of us Lil snotnoses had our dobbers in the dirt. So my Dad(who was the coach) says "It ain't over till the fat lady sings!"

My friend Mike looks at him, straight faced, "Then get my Moms fatass out here!"

My old man still tells that story. Mikes mom had a huge shelf butt.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, not little league, but this is cringe worthy...

Our slow-pitch team was like 0-14, it was the last game of the year. We were down one run in the bottom of the 7th (7 inning games) and with 2 outs, they miraculously walked the worst woman player, EVAR . So batting behind her was our one decent player. He smoked a ball about 600 yards down the field (no fences). The other team just stood there and watched as it was pretty much game over. But wait. The woman on first had NO idea where to run. She just kept running from first base and around the pitchers mound to home plate (at least 3 times); the more she ran, and the more people tried to yell at her on what to do, the more confused she got. She had never been on base in her life! The other team finally clued in, ran for the ball, and threw it into the infield. She eventually ran back to first - where the "home run" hitter was now stationed and was subsequently called out. GAME OVER!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an ump in a summer league that I played in that basically had a strike zone like that. I wasn't as blatant as that catcher with shuffling 3 feet to the side before the pitch, though. I basically started with one foot on the outside corner of the plate, and told the pitcher to make him call the pitches out there a ball before we threw anything over the plate.

The other team was PISSED.
Ah yes, you were a catcher. I guess no real surprises there:noidea:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing real funny that I can remember during my playing days, though I do have some epic memories. I guess the funniest thing (that isn't really funny) was when I was playing left field during seniors for my little league (I think I was 15) and some fat-ass hit a towering fly ball to left center field. I thought it was gone when it left the bat. I raced back, and camped under it a step from the warning track because it was such a high fly ball. I called my center fielder off, and some asshole 12 year olds behind me were yelling "drop it! You suck! Drop the ball." I caught it, and before I run back in to the dugout (I always hustled on the field), me and the center fielder look at the crowd, and I yell "Fuck you cocksuckers!" and then race back in towards the dugout.

Me and the centerfielder, who also played on my high school team with me and I had known basically my whole life through baseball and school, were laughing hysterically about it all the way back to the dugout.

That dude actually goes to UD now, but I haven't seen him in forever.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the funniest thing during my baseball career didn't happen on the field. It was my sophomore year of high school, and the fall ball season for little league was over, so our coach took us all to Hooter's. It was like November of 2012, and the whole team got a long table and ordered and watched the Eagles take an ass-whupping from the Falcons (and I mean an ass-whupping).

I don't think I was high or anything, but I swear I must have eaten 100 breaded wings, 2 whole plates of fried pickles, and a slice of cheesecake. That is not an exaggeration. These were dudes I had played baseball with for little league basically my whole life, and I always had a reputation for heating the hottest wings anywhere we went (they were called "911" wings at Hooter's).

Literally, everyone was done eating, and I was ready to throw up, but they were all like "No! One more order, you can do it!" so my coach ordered one last 25 wing order, strictly for me. I finished them in 5 minutes, walked out of the Hooter's and projectile vomited like 20 feet along the pavement in front of the joint.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing real funny that I can remember during my playing days, though I do have some epic memories. I guess the funniest thing (that isn't really funny) was when I was playing left field during seniors for my little league (I think I was 15) and some fat-ass hit a towering fly ball to left center field. I thought it was gone when it left the bat. I raced back, and camped under it a step from the warning track because it was such a high fly ball. I called my center fielder off, and some asshole 12 year olds behind me were yelling "drop it! You suck! Drop the ball." I caught it, and before I run back in to the dugout (I always hustled on the field), me and the center fielder look at the crowd, and I yell "Fuck you cocksuckers!" and then race back in towards the dugout.

Me and the centerfielder, who also played on my high school team with me and I had known basically my whole life through baseball and school, were laughing hysterically about it all the way back to the dugout.

That dude actually goes to UD now, but I haven't seen him in forever.
Actually the funniest thing during my baseball career didn't happen on the field. It was my sophomore year of high school, and the fall ball season for little league was over, so our coach took us all to Hooter's. It was like November of 2012, and the whole team got a long table and ordered and watched the Eagles take an ass-whupping from the Falcons (and I mean an ass-whupping).

I don't think I was high or anything, but I swear I must have eaten 100 breaded wings, 2 whole plates of fried pickles, and a slice of cheesecake. That is not an exaggeration. These were dudes I had played baseball with for little league basically my whole life, and I always had a reputation for heating the hottest wings anywhere we went (they were called "911" wings at Hooter's).

Literally, everyone was done eating, and I was ready to throw up, but they were all like "No! One more order, you can do it!" so my coach ordered one last 25 wing order, strictly for me. I finished them in 5 minutes, walked out of the Hooter's and projectile vomited like 20 feet along the pavement in front of the joint.

0/2 on good stories

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See mine was actually true, but good try.
You don't suck cock? Just every once in a while? You definitely look like you would like a good dick in your mouth

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't suck cock? Just every once in a while? You definitely look like you would like a good dick in your mouth

Based off of... my avi here that is of FSU? I'm actually not even going to have this argument anymore. I deal with childish arguments all day, don't need that here

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off of... my avi here that is of FSU? I'm actually not even going to have this argument anymore. I deal with childish arguments all day, don't need that here
It was more being a Cards' fan. I don't have a problem with gays whatsoever. It does take some balls to admit it FWIW, and I respect that.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more being a Cards' fan. I don't have a problem with gays whatsoever. It does take some balls to admit it FWIW, and I respect that.

I actually do have a gay brother, and your little barbs don't bother me one bit since I am comfortable with my own sexuality of being straight. I just listen to 6th graders all day, and your comebacks remind me of something they would use for an insult