• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most annoying thing ever...

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is being included in a group text... I realize that you can easily just reply to the sender and not everyone, but it seems like no one else in every group text I've ever been included in does.

Does anyone know if you can remove yourself? Google had no answer other than how you can do it from your end (so you don't annoy everyone when you send a group text), and it looks like there's a third party app for it.

Pain in the ass... how has this issue not been addressed in stock messaging apps yet?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing worse than spending valuable time at work on SportsHoopla and getting interrupted every 30 seconds by your phone buzzing because someone you don't know replied to something you don't care about...

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time anyone does that to me is my Pops and Step Mom. They usually include me, my brother and my sister and it's not that big of a deal.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time anyone does that to me is my Pops and Step Mom. They usually include me, my brother and my sister and it's not that big of a deal.
I seem to get caught up in them quite often considering I really don't have too many friends...

And then in the fall I get included in my dad's group texts with his cronies in which they seem to give play by play updates to the different high school games they're at...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my younger brothers likes to do that to me when he's trying to organize online gaming sessions. I get blessed with forty texts from all of his friends of excuses why they can't play.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to get caught up in them quite often considering I really don't have too many friends...

And then in the fall I get included in my dad's group texts with his cronies in which they seem to give play by play updates to the different high school games they're at...

yeah, that sounds lame. my dad doesn't have any cronies so I'm safe

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always respond the same way. "Hey...ummm...can y'all STFU? Thanks."

I'm in some groups with old farts and they don't know "reply to all" sends their little response back to everyone in the group. So, people tell them "please stop responding to all" but the guy keeps doing it for like a year.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another one... Just happened (again).

I'm at my desk, I get a message from someone telling me to call them on their cell.

...No, dumbnutz, that's not how support works. If you have a problem, you put forth the effort to call your help. If you are unable to make contact, then you leave a message.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another one... Just happened (again).

I'm at my desk, I get a message from someone telling me to call them on their cell.

...No, dumbnutz, that's not how support works. If you have a problem, you put forth the effort to call your help. If you are unable to make contact, then you leave a message.
I actually don't mind that one at all, in fact there are times that would help. It says to me they need something more than a fix that can be exchanged in email or text, but also not important enough to interrupt what you may be doing at that moment. I really hate being pestered by people for stupid crap when I have my hands full in something that is actually urgent.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're STUCK on those group texts. I remember never texting much and met a bunch of friends and in like 2 weeks AT&T called me telling me I hit like my 1,000 plan limit. Upgrading to unlimited was like $5 more so I was like, "who cares?" and Company pays anyway.. but I was blown away. AT&T was like, "Yah sorry you can't remove yourself and unfortunately texts to you count."

Moral of the story is, I killed all those friends. So now I post on the Hoop where it's free of charge.