• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More players taking a knee in the preseason

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is losing money because of kneeling. Its actually very low risk because owners are not going to "fire" players over this. They are safe and know they are safe. I would support this if these players could demonstrate that in addition to kneeling they were also working in their communities or giving off-the- field time and effort with organizations and causes to help whatever they believe is a social issue. I am not seeing any of that. The reality is most of these players would not have the slightest clue.

That being said, there are thousands of people working in the trenches for social issues everyday outside of their own jobs and they are not making anything near what an NFL player makes. That I can respect.

You’re not seeing that? You didn’t read everything Malcolm Jenkins has done? Chris Long giving up a years salary for the inequities in suburban V’s urban schools?
Lebron James opening up a school. Colin Kapernick donating over a million dollars. Shall I go on?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re not seeing that? You didn’t read everything Malcolm Jenkins has done? Chris Long giving up a years salary for the inequities in suburban V’s urban schools?
Lebron James opening up a school. Colin Kapernick donating over a million dollars. Shall I go on?
There's a reason guys like Demaryius Thomas are wearing shirts saying "You aren't listening."

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March in DC. March in NY. March in Dallas. Buy some TV time and have a protest telethon.
Playing of the Anthem is to pay respect to the US, kneeling during is not paying respect. In fact it's completely opposite.

Again I'm not against their message, I just don't think protests during a moment of paying our country respect is the right time.
I don't disagree per se. I still stood up and all that business when I went to the Chiefs game a couple nights ago. I would just argue the NFL created it's own damn mess by reacting as hard and unreasonably as it did and does. The NBA has a harsher rule than the NFL in some respects and they do not have this problem; in fact, if you didn't look for it, you'd have no idea it exists.

MLB christ almighty has God Bless America and nary a peep comes out of that league.

You want employees to protest? Be an unreasonable (pack in this case) idiot(s) like NFL owners have been.While I understand the courts are clear on employees protesting, you can't just fire them and hire joe schmoes like you can elsewhere.

Last edited:

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not blindly standing for it. It's part of the US flag code.
Some people's children. Please don't procreate.

Do you always follow the flag code? Do you stand at attention when you’re watching the game at home?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If being paid MILLIONS of DOLLARS makes you inferior, I wish I'd be paid inferior money too.

Sherman is just pissed because Jerry isn't afraid to say what the NFL wantS to say but Goodell to fucking scared over this.

Of course they are scared to take a stance. They are going to alienate people no matter what side they choose.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went from not giving a shit about players kneeling to applauding for them for doing so.

Calm the fuck down knuckle-draggers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you always follow the flag code? Do you stand at attention when you’re watching the game at home?
Are you always an idiot?

I do when in public, hand over my heart or saluting not on my phone, not wearing a hat, not talking with friends.

It's called respect. No it's not a law nor can it be enforced everywhere unfortunately.

It's akin to having good manners. No one makes you help an old lady cross the street yet it's still the right thing to do.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easiest fix for the NFL is to have the camera operators focus on Old Glory during the entire anthem.

Then all we have to do is listen to some chug head media types talk about it for 20 minutes.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you hate America?

I don't hate America, I love her so much that I served, just as you did, dumbass. But I won't be led around by the nostrils by our pathetic media and limit what I enjoy because of something I can't care less about. If you like being led around by your nose, that's on you, kemosabe.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you always an idiot?

I do when in public, hand over my heart or saluting not on my phone, not wearing a hat, not talking with friends.

It's called respect. No it's not a law nor can it be enforced everywhere unfortunately.

It's akin to having good manners. No one makes you help an old lady cross the street yet it's still the right thing to do.

So...you “respect” it only when others are there to see you.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have listed 2 active players. Two...2

LeBron? Fuck that got to do with the NFL? Kapernick would donate a kidney right now to be back in the league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I go to bed, I am gonna post this just so the dishonest (or obtuse) can't control the narrative.

View attachment 184794

Richard Sherman calls out Cowboys' Jerry Jones for having 'old plantation mentality'
Yelling racism and name calling is all you got, because without them you can’t make a argument that what the players have done
makes any sense. Certainly hasn’t help the so call issue they are supposedly trying to address. That issue is barely even though of, even by the players. It’s turned into a power struggle between the employees and their employers. I am lost on what exactly the employees win over this battle. It’s a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Killing the golden goose does the players no good, yet other then hurting the industry that has thrived and has benefited both employers and employees, nothing tangible has been accomplished or will be.
Eventually the media will tired of This and will move on to stirring the shit elsewhere and the players will reflect back and understand that they choose the wrong battle to fight.