• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More players taking a knee in the preseason

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help me with that. These guys are taking tremendous criticism for kneeling. They're risking their endorsements and their careers. That takes guts. The easy play is to stand. Choosing not to in the face of negative consequences takes courage.
No one is losing money because of kneeling. Its actually very low risk because owners are not going to "fire" players over this. They are safe and know they are safe. I would support this if these players could demonstrate that in addition to kneeling they were also working in their communities or giving off-the- field time and effort with organizations and causes to help whatever they believe is a social issue. I am not seeing any of that. The reality is most of these players would not have the slightest clue.

That being said, there are thousands of people working in the trenches for social issues everyday outside of their own jobs and they are not making anything near what an NFL player makes. That I can respect.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t respect our flag. We sure as hell aren’t going to respect their dumbass protest!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Hank Kingsley, post: 12013633, member: 8124" it's hat, not attic....[/QUOTE]

No, it's attic. As in, there's some cool shit up there, but I forgot where I put it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flag is just a symbol. Symbols have different meanings for different people depending on perspective . There are military who would die before letting the flag touch the ground and there are military who believe they fight for peoples right to kneel in protest . Sometimes a person can hold both those beliefs.

Ultimately all of our opinions are just that. Opinions . You have the right to disagree with the protest and you can exercise that right by not watching

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy with 15,000 posts that just say “Shut up, faggot”...

So along with being a shitty, horrible human being you can't read either? Tough break for you Willie.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not.

I support their free speech and right to protest, regardless of I agree or not. But they are protesting onNFL /Company time. The NFL has a problem with the protests, they're just to scared to put their foot down.
I stand for the flag, I've even on occasion walked outside just to stand while retreat has played. Trust me I know what the Flag stands and I also understand what respect is. Apparently you are clueless on the definition of respect.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support their free speech and right to protest, regardless of I agree or not. But they are protesting onNFL /Company time. The NFL has a problem with the protests, they're just to scared to put their foot down.
I stand for the flag, I've even on occasion walked outside just to stand while retreat has played. Trust me I know what the Flag stands and I also understand what respect is. Apparently you are clueless on the definition of respect.

Respect means you honor what it stands for. You can’t say you support their right to free speech if you’re saying they must stand. You may choose to stand. They choose not to. That’s called freedom and that’s what the flag you fought to protect stands for.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect means you honor what it stands for. You can’t say you support their right to free speech if you’re saying they must stand. You may choose to stand. They choose not to. That’s called freedom and that’s what the flag you fought to protect stands for.

I suggest you read the US Code.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I plan to be at the “Link” in Philly, October 21 when the Eagles play the Panthers, and I plan to be there on September 23, when they play the Colts. I will tailgate in the parking lot at the hotel with some really nice guys, drink some beer, maybe eat pulled pork sandwiches or maybe some chili or maybe just some hot dogs and burgers. Watch all the pretty girls walk by. Talk some shit with the brothers and some with the regulars there. Then walk with the masses to the stadium where the cop stands in the street, and who always smokes a cigar and holds the traffic so the fans can cross the street. Go through security, up the escalator and up the 22 steps to my seat where I have a beautiful view of the field and route 95 and all the traffic. And then stand with about 69,000 other fans, hold my hat over my heart as we sing the National Anthem and then the fireworks go off at the end. Do I give a fuck if some jerk wants to kneel during the Anthem? Fuck no! I am having too much fun along with the other 69,000. That’s Lincoln Financial Field.

Last edited:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should sit on their asses with how Jerry Jones runs the NFL plantation, tbh.

Comparing slavery to the Dallas Cowboys.

raw

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something you should have learned in elementary school.

171. Conduct during playing
During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is losing money because of kneeling. Its actually very low risk because owners are not going to "fire" players over this. They are safe and know they are safe. I would support this if these players could demonstrate that in addition to kneeling they were also working in their communities or giving off-the- field time and effort with organizations and causes to help whatever they believe is a social issue. I am not seeing any of that. The reality is most of these players would not have the slightest clue.

That being said, there are thousands of people working in the trenches for social issues everyday outside of their own jobs and they are not making anything near what an NFL player makes. That I can respect.
I completely respect that opinion and agree with most of it.

However, I think you are underestimating the amount of work many NFL players do in their communities. I would go so far as to say most have put in time, money and/or effort for social causes.

However, in our current world of sensationalized media, none of it ever gets covered.