• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Montalban

I also find it extremely hilarious that you never give the opposing team any credit at all for winning. Houston game was absolutely sloppy defensively, but Houston played a phenomenal game too. Grizzlies are always tough in their own building and Gasol and Conley were amazing. All you do is just shit on the Warriors like they're supposed to go 82-0.
You are wrong about that. Entitled to your opinion but it is wrong.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me how you feel about "DNP - Rest."

b848efb5-06a1-4c3a-9157-c76bfd3b7803.jpg
Can't stand it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong about that. Entitled to your opinion but it is wrong.

If you could name a single game, where you posted that the Warriors lost and you said it wasn't a pathetic effort, then please feel free to enlighten me. Otherwise, how can you predict them to only win 60 games, if you expect them to win all the time like you said previously?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they lose 22 games, does that mean it was a shit effort every time? Just wanting to know for future reference.
No, but so far they are three for three in that category. You cannot blow a 17-point 4th quarter lead in your opener at home after getting your rings and the fans being crazy. They owe the fans more than what they got. The NOLA game did not particularly impress me and they outright quit in the Grizzlies game (Durrant and Curry). That is inexcusable.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could name a single game, where you posted that the Warriors lost and you said it wasn't a pathetic effort, then please feel free to enlighten me. Otherwise, how can you predict them to only win 60 games, if you expect them to win all the time like you said previously?
I expect some losses against the tough teams as well as over-looking an opponent occasionally and it coming back to bite them. What I cannot condone is a lackadaisical effort figuring "Oh well, we'll win it at the end". It pisses me off. In particular, the carelessness with the ball irritates me.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but so far they are three for three in that category. You cannot blow a 17-point 4th quarter lead in your opener at home after getting your rings and the fans being crazy. They owe the fans more than what they got. The NOLA game did not particularly impress me and they outright quit in the Grizzlies game (Durrant and Curry). That is inexcusable.

Why don't you try being a fan of the Jazz. I hear they try hard every game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you try being a fan of the Jazz. I hear they try hard every game.
As a matter of fact, I am an admirer of the Jazz and the way they play ball. Same with the Spurs. But the Warriors are the team I greew up with and I cannot change that. I stuck by them all the years when they were the worst team in professional sports and now I am reaping the benefits of that loyalty. Can't back away now but I certainly expect more out of them than I did before.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect some losses against the tough teams as well as over-looking an opponent occasionally and it coming back to bite them. What I cannot condone is a lackadaisical effort figuring "Oh well, we'll win it at the end". It pisses me off. In particular, the carelessness with the ball irritates me.

Wouldn't you classify a loss to the Rockets a tough loss? Considering they lost their offensive cog and DPOY in the 4th quarter where they collapsed? Also they didn't play the entire game with Iguodala who was out with injury. And Casspi got hurt the same game too. The Rockets are probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the NBA.

Grizzlies you wouldn't classify that as a tough loss?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't you classify a loss to the Rockets a tough loss? Considering they lost their offensive cog and DPOY in the 4th quarter where they collapsed? Also they didn't play the entire game with Iguodala who was out with injury. And Casspi got hurt the same game too. The Rockets are probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the NBA.

Grizzlies you wouldn't classify that as a tough loss?
And the Rockets played with Chris Paul on one leg only scoring 4 points. They should have crushed the Rockets with the Warriors depth.
I'll give you the Grizzlies as a tough opponent; at least for the Warriors. They don't match up well against big teams that are rough and bangers. The Warriors are a soft, finesse type team as they showed when they let Cleveland punk them three straight toi win the title in 2016. They get intimidated when they get bullied.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a matter of fact, I am an admirer of the Jazz and the way they play ball. Same with the Spurs. But the Warriors are the team I greew up with and I cannot change that. I stuck by them all the years when they were the worst team in professional sports and now I am reaping the benefits of that loyalty. Can't back away now but I certainly expect more out of them than I did before.

The Warriors gave you 2 championships and a 73 win season. WTF more could you possibly want from them as "fan".

That's exactly how I know you're not a fan. I'm fucking thrilled with everything that's gone on because I was there through all the shitty years too. I'm not even a homer about it. I call it like it is when they play a shit game. But you relish in it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Rockets played with Chris Paul on one leg only scoring 4 points. They should have crushed the Rockets with the Warriors depth.
I'll give you the Grizzlies as a tough opponent; at least for the Warriors. They don't match up well against big teams that are rough and bangers. The Warriors are a soft, finesse type team as they showed when they let Cleveland punk them three straight toi win the title in 2016. They get intimidated when they get bullied.

You mean like how the Warriors beat the Grizzlies in the 2015 playoffs and won the championship. When they were more of a bruising team than they are now? Like that kind of soft?

Depth for the Rockets game? Please give me a lineup you could have put out there to defend against the Rockets small lineup? I'll wait. The Rockets have the 2nd best (if not arguably best) offense in the NBA.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors gave you 2 championships and a 73 win season. WTF more could you possibly want from them as "fan".

That's exactly how I know you're not a fan. I'm fucking thrilled with everything that's gone on because I was there through all the shitty years too. I'm not even a homer about it. I call it like it is when they play a shit game. But you relish in it.
As I said time and time again; effort. In fact that's all I ask. if I get their best effort and the team still loses I'm OK with that. Take the 49ers for example. They suck but they are giving it all they have.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like how the Warriors beat the Grizzlies in the 2015 playoffs and won the championship. When they were more of a bruising team than they are now? Like that kind of soft?

Depth for the Rockets game? Please give me a lineup you could have put out there to defend against the Rockets small lineup? I'll wait. The Rockets have the 2nd best (if not arguably best) offense in the NBA.
Thompson, Curry, Durant, Livingston and any 5th guy should have been more than enough to hold a 17-point lead for one quarter; especially at home.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said time and time again; effort. In fact that's all I ask. if I get their best effort and the team still loses I'm OK with that. Take the 49ers for example. They suck but they are giving it all they have.

So basically the Warriors are in a no win situation in terms of your posting on here. If they win, they're supposed to. If they lose, it was a terrible effort. Because again, you haven't come on here once and said that you were happy with the effort of the Warriors in a loss.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson, Curry, Durant, Livingston and any 5th guy should have been more than enough to hold a 17-point lead for one quarter; especially at home.

LMAO.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically the Warriors are in a no win situation in terms of your posting on here. If they win, they're supposed to. If they lose, it was a terrible effort. Because again, you haven't come on here once and said that you were happy with the effort of the Warriors in a loss.

Yes, if they win they are supposed to win. They are the best team out there and they are favored to win every time they go out there. So, unfortunately, for them, if they care what I think, they get no credit for doing what they are supposed to do.
As far as being a terrible effort when they lose, well, that usually is the case when they lose. Can you dispute that? They get sloppy with the ball and lazy on defense and can't get a rebound to save their lives. That's when they lose. Defense and rebounding are about effort and often times they don't give it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the ever-effective "LMAO" response. So you have no answer, huh? No one can deny that the best two players in the league combined with two other excellent defenders, one who is an All Star and can light it up with anyone, along with a 5th guy should not be able to hold a 17-point lead for one quarter. You are silly if you think otherwise.
And who says you have to go small just because the Rockets go small. Go big and control the boards. How 'bout that?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if they win they are supposed to win. They are the best team out there and they are favored to win every time they go out there. So, unfortunately, for them, if they care what I think, they get no credit for doing what they are supposed to do.
As far as being a terrible effort when they lose, well, that usually is the case when they lose. Can you dispute that? They get sloppy with the ball and lazy on defense and can't get a rebound to save their lives. That's when they lose. Defense and rebounding are about effort and often times they don't give it.

Again, you just said there is tough competition. If there wasn't they'd win every game. What about a greater effort by the opposing team? Or does that not exist?

Could the defense maybe not be lazy, but greater execution by the opposing offense? What about a great rebounding effort by the other team?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you just said there is tough competition. If there wasn't they'd win every game. What about a greater effort by the opposing team? Or does that not exist?

Could the defense maybe not be lazy, but greater execution by the opposing offense? What about a great rebounding effort by the other team?
If both teams give equal effort, the most talented team should win just about every time. But you keep dodging my points that cannot be disputed. Maybe you think that makes them non-existent, but it doesn't. Bottom line is, this team should be 3 and oh or at a bare minimum 2 and 1. No way should they have a losing record.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the ever-effective "LMAO" response. So you have no answer, huh? No one can deny that the best two players in the league combined with two other excellent defenders, one who is an All Star and can light it up with anyone, along with a 5th guy should not be able to hold a 17-point lead for one quarter. You are silly if you think otherwise.
And who says you have to go small just because the Rockets go small. Go big and control the boards. How 'bout that?

Livingston is not an excellent defender. A capable one yes, but he brings next to nothing on offense with that unit. There's a reason he plays with the second unit because he's able to utilize his size on iso's on the block. That's not what you want in an offense that has Steph, KD and Klay on the floor at the same time.

In addition, without Draymond and Iguodala, you have two of your 3 best facilitators off the floor as well as two of your best defenders. The Warriors operate a motion offense, and very little pick and roll. And on top of that almost NO pick and roll offense without Draymond.

So you basically have no cohension on offense within the scheme, but you still expect KD and Steph to produce? That's now how they operate and it's not how they're efficient.

Then on defense, the 5th guy has to be able to defend a wing player. That immediately eliminates more than half the bench. Bell, Jones, Looney, West, Pachulia and McGee can't do it. Draymond and Casspi are out.

That left you with a remaining bunch to choose from: McCaw or Nick Young. McCaw is good defensively, but again he brings next to nothing offensively at this point. Or you go with Nick Young who still isn't very good defensively.

Go with McCaw. Then you have two guys, McCaw and Livingston, who bring nothing to the offense and stand around. You can let the defense load up on KD and Steph with easy doubles to prevent looks.

Or you go with Young, who was completely lost defensively that first game.

Lastly, there is no going big and controlling the boards against the Rockets who put out 5 elite three point shooters on the court at any one time. You put two bigs out there and they're going to run you off the court. Think about HOW the rockets erased that lead. It wasn't by a layup line...

I could do this all day...