• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note that I'm honestly legit worried about with the Warriors is they haven't found a 5th guy right now that's consistently producing for the team. Andre Iguodala hasn't been his typical self this year. Whether or not that's due to some nagging injuries he's had this year or just a dip in production, he seems tentative right now.

Swaggy, Casspi and McCaw have been really inconsistent. Livingston same deal with Iguodala in that he's had some injuries throughout the year, but he hasn't been able to fully put it together. Bell and Looney look like they're just being rotated on a nightly basis, so you can't really get a feel for who's producing there. David West has been great, but he has his limitations and I don't think he's a guy you want in your crunch time lineup. Zaza and McGee are who they are.

Two things they'll absolutely need to have at the end of the year:

1) Draymond upping his 3 point percentage.
2) Iguodala being able to produce offensively.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so much for Bell's rookie season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note that I'm honestly legit worried about with the Warriors is they haven't found a 5th guy right now that's consistently producing for the team. Andre Iguodala hasn't been his typical self this year. Whether or not that's due to some nagging injuries he's had this year or just a dip in production, he seems tentative right now.

Swaggy, Casspi and McCaw have been really inconsistent. Livingston same deal with Iguodala in that he's had some injuries throughout the year, but he hasn't been able to fully put it together. Bell and Looney look like they're just being rotated on a nightly basis, so you can't really get a feel for who's producing there. David West has been great, but he has his limitations and I don't think he's a guy you want in your crunch time lineup. Zaza and McGee are who they are.

Two things they'll absolutely need to have at the end of the year:

1) Draymond upping his 3 point percentage.
2) Iguodala being able to produce offensively.
Not so sure about you assertion with Iguodala. I think the Warriors have enough offensive firepower that if Iguodala just does his usual lock down defensive job they'll be successful in the playoffs.
I'm more worried about the indifference they seem to play with and the lack of effort manifested by the sloppy turnovers and failure to rebound.. They are going to have to snap out of that in the post season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure about you assertion with Iguodala. I think the Warriors have enough offensive firepower that if Iguodala just does his usual lock down defensive job they'll be successful in the playoffs.
I'm more worried about the indifference they seem to play with and the lack of effort manifested by the sloppy turnovers and failure to rebound.. They are going to have to snap out of that in the post season.

They will dude.

There is a zero percent chance they don't play with more effort in the post season. The games will actually matter then. The 82 game slate is almost irrelevant for them because they can sleep walk to the #1 seed and they know it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will dude.

There is a zero percent chance they don't play with more effort in the post season. The games will actually matter then. The 82 game slate is almost irrelevant for them because they can sleep walk to the #1 seed and they know it.
Sometimes habits are hard to break.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody's hittin' tonight. team is shooting 85% from the field.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes habits are hard to break.

We aren't talking about the Cavs here who are 29th in defensive efficiency. They Warriors will have no problem at all turning it up.

Besides, they are good enough to win it all even if they don't. They have lost 9 games and have played less than half with their full compliment of stars.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that they shoot 80% in the quarter and are losing by two. They simply refuse to play defense. That sequence at the end of the quarter where the guy shooting the free throw got his own rebound and scored a layup is unacceptable. Way too lazy. And then Curry dribbles the ball off his foot and the Bulls player out hustles Durant for the ball and scores at the buzzer. Simply astonishing.

Never give up if you are playing the Warriors because they will always let you back in the game with their laziness.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young follows suit and gives no effort on defense on the layup. A traffic cone would have been a more effective defense than Young.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too hard to watch

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blowouts are tough to watch, huh?
Hardly a blowout. The way I understand it, Kerr ripped them a new on at the half again and they picked it up in the third quarter and took a nice lead only to, once again, have to hang on down the stretch as a clearly inferior team out-hustled and out-worked the Warriors and got back in to a close game.
As I said earlier, the opposition should never quit against the Warriors because they will always get lazy and stupid and let you back in a game that should be over.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly a blowout. The way I understand it, Kerr ripped them a new on at the half again and they picked it up in the third quarter and took a nice lead only to, once again, have to hang on down the stretch as a clearly inferior team out-hustled and out-worked the Warriors and got back in to a close game.
As I said earlier, the opposition should never quit against the Warriors because they will always get lazy and stupid and let you back in a game that should be over.

You say this every game yet there are never any reports of Kerr lighting into the team at halftime. I follow literally every beat reporter for the Warriors and it's a rare occurrence when they say Kerr lit into the team. You keep making up your own scenarios in your head though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say this every game yet there are never any reports of Kerr lighting into the team at halftime. I follow literally every beat reporter for the Warriors and it's a rare occurrence when they say Kerr lit into the team. You keep making up your own scenarios in your head though.
It was one of his sources, obviously...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why else would they come out suddenly focused in the 3rd quarter every game after looking sloppy and lazy in the first half?
Be honest, have you ever seen a worse sequence of "head up your ass" basketball than the last 30 seconds of the first half last night? What would you do if you were Kerr?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why else would they come out suddenly focused in the 3rd quarter every game after looking sloppy and lazy in the first half?
Be honest, have you ever seen a worse sequence of "head up your ass" basketball than the last 30 seconds of the first half last night? What would you do if you were Kerr?

It's a long season dude. Based on the amount of lackadaisical play the Warriors exhibit so often, you think Kerr has lit into them every game? At a certain point they'd tune him out. The team is a veteran squad. They have moments of lapses, but are completely capable of focusing themselves on their own. This is a team that has two championships and 3 finals appearances in the last 3 years. They don't need the coach to tell them they're screwing up every game. They know it. I'd have much less issue with your statement if you said Kerr helps them refocus at halftime, but simply yelling at them to get their heads out of their asses won't do it for this team.

Their defense last night was sloppy, but there was a reason for that. Their two best defensive players were not playing last night, including their MOST important defensive player in Draymond. He's the anchor and also brings the on-court intensity. Then they lost another rim protector and another guy who allows them to go small in Bell a minute into the game.

Kerr is great at getting the guys focused, but it's not necessarily by chewing them out every game. Again they're a veteran squad and the yelling act gets tired. Just look at all of Thibs coached teams. Kerr has the right amount of discipline and leeway for this particular team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a long season dude. Based on the amount of lackadaisical play the Warriors exhibit so often, you think Kerr has lit into them every game? At a certain point they'd tune him out. The team is a veteran squad. They have moments of lapses, but are completely capable of focusing themselves on their own. This is a team that has two championships and 3 finals appearances in the last 3 years. They don't need the coach to tell them they're screwing up every game. They know it. I'd have much less issue with your statement if you said Kerr helps them refocus at halftime, but simply yelling at them to get their heads out of their asses won't do it for this team.

Their defense last night was sloppy, but there was a reason for that. Their two best defensive players were not playing last night, including their MOST important defensive player in Draymond. He's the anchor and also brings the on-court intensity. Then they lost another rim protector and another guy who allows them to go small in Bell a minute into the game.

Kerr is great at getting the guys focused, but it's not necessarily by chewing them out every game. Again they're a veteran squad and the yelling act gets tired. Just look at all of Thibs coached teams. Kerr has the right amount of discipline and leeway for this particular team.

Exactly. If the Warriors were to hit a losing streak, start really struggling to overcome their slow starts or were a young, inexperienced team...then Kerr may start putting foot to ass at halftime.

But as you point out, this is a team with 3 straight finals appearances and 2 championships, plus they have the best record in the NBA and are the only team to not hit double digit losses yet.

I can't wait for the day that the Lakers are this lackadaisical. lol