• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monroe lands in Boston

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice signing for the Celts. Gives them a low post option for their run, which never hurts. He won't play a lot, I'd imagine, but he'll get in when the matchup is there. Good for Greg that he's with a contender.

SLUBillikens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to see how he fits in there. I could see him being a big contributor or I could see Baynes keeping his spot and Monroe riding the bench come playoff time.

ZachMlive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a cash grab by Monroe. Was offered a starting spot on the Pelicans and he turned it down for more money and no guarantee of minutes. He does bring something different that Baynes or Theis don't provide and they have the type of defense that can hide him. I'd expect him to take Theis's minutes. Maybe get 10-20 minutes a game based on matchups.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious to see how well Monroe does in Boston. Since leaving Detroit he has massively under performed his contract, but continues to fill up the box score. If things work out okay I could see Greg signing a much smaller contract to continue to play for the Celtics.