• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mo to Jets

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am following what you are saying, I tend to agree. We have one player in our secondary that we can't afford to lose in Jones and he's not going anywhere. If we lost a guy like Sherman from an average at best D I would be worried. Most of those guys that were not resigned had discussions on this board about cutting them or keeping them last year or prior years. So again...I don't get the concern. If we don't add any talent via draft or the rest of FA I will worry. As of today I kind of like what we did. I was all for keeping Mo and think it was a big mistake to let him go based on the way he played last year (Pro Bowl level IMO), but I get why it was risky with his injury history

I think Jones is the key. It's no coincidence that all these mediocre guys suddenly have career years when Jones steps in and locks down the free safety position. They should be giving him a percentage of all their new contracts.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overhaul and we have a good start with Jones, Brown, Scandrick and laugh if you must....Frazier

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Frazier is in the mix. I personally won't expect much of him until I see something that shows he can do it, but that's just me being conservative and wanting to make sure we have options in place. He was on the roster all year for a reason. No reason to think he won't be in the mix fighting for a spot. I think if we bring in a cover type safety he seems like he could rotate in on early downs now and perhaps grow into more down the road.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jones is the key. It's no coincidence that all these mediocre guys suddenly have career years when Jones steps in and locks down the free safety position. They should be giving him a percentage of all their new contracts.
Jones did not play well IMO, but he is young and I hope will improve.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones did not play well IMO, but he is young and I hope will improve.
Wow. I have to disagree with that. I think he gave up some short TDs that he could have been better on and of course wasn't perfect, but I thought he changed our entire defense. We were able to put Church closer to the line more because of Jones being so good deep and able to go sideline to sideline. He made a few plays where he come over out of nowhere to knock the ball away and gave our CBs the deep help they have needed for so long. He was very, very good IMO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was pretty good. He did give up 5-7 TDs , but they were tough covers. I would say most DBS would have given them up. Not sure about the " very very very good " though.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I have to disagree with that. I think he gave up some short TDs that he could have been better on and of course wasn't perfect, but I thought he changed our entire defense. We were able to put Church closer to the line more because of Jones being so good deep and able to go sideline to sideline. He made a few plays where he come over out of nowhere to knock the ball away and gave our CBs the deep help they have needed for so long. He was very, very good IMO
We just have to disagree. He was out of position too many times and has hands of stone, but he is young. I am just not high on him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to each his own, but I bet you change your mind

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While losing four in the secondary is cause for concern, I believe if JG walked into Jerry's office and said they needed to keep any of them, they'd still be here

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MO was made out of glass. Carr is getting old for a corner. Cowboys were smart to not sign them. Carr is average and fleeced jerruh

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been getting torched since they both have been here. Change is welcome.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matter fact Mo should have been gone when he threw a hissy fit and left because he was benched for Scan.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been getting torched since they both have been here. Change is welcome.
I don't disagree, but you need 4, so we do need to add a player. I said this a bunch of times, but not sure which thread so I'll say it again. I'm not a huge fan of Carroll, but I think if you add an early round pick or another FA and go into the season with a healthy Scandrick, Brown Carroll and 4th contributor we should be OK. If we don't add a 4th guy we are likely going to be in trouble because to expect all 3 of: Scandrick to be healthy, Brown to take a step forward and Carroll to be good is a little much. I still prefer a pass rusher in round 1, but if we add a 1st round CB and hit on the move our secondary should be better than last year and much cheaper than if we resigned both Carr and Mo.

At safety, I think the luxury of having Jone is that he allows you to put a lesser player next to him and not get exposed as easily making the loss of Church less and Wilcox was kind of a spare part.