• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Umpires Choked And Are An Embarassment

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th game of the NLCS.....CUBS ...LA
I guess it's possible for an Umpire to hear a foul tip from 110 feet away, when there's 45,000 fans cheering.
Jim Wolf needs to be suspended. Not only did he originally call Granderson out in tonight's game, he expected other umpires, who were a minimum of 110 feet away to help make the call. They had a video board to help (even though the play is not reviewable) make the call. And they still blew the call. So not only are they incompetent, they're stupid, cowards and of course liars. The worthless umpires eject Joe Maddon when the umpires were wrong.

Joe Torres needs to show some guts and suspend these guys.

And guess what's going to be reviewable next season?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are they changing, or adding what they deem to be reviewable next year??

Btw: I missed most of the game tonight and didn't see the play you're talking about regarding Granderson, nor have I watched the highlights yet, but will do so in a little while.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pretty bad. And on such a big stage, biggest possible embarrassment.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay....I just saw the play in question. I gotta agree with Maddon 1000%.
WTF were those umps thinking? Totally unacceptable.
That could've ended the series for the Cubs had the baseball gods not intervened later in that Grandy AB.

Thankfully they held on for the win and get to play again tomorrow.

Wow.
Just Wow.

Last edited:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone find said play and post it?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, that ump admitted he got it wrong

I agree they still suck, but should be noted

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears he made the right call at first, discussed it and overturned it to the wrong call. Reminds me of the Cowboys/Lions playoff game where they called pass interference, announced it, marked it off, discussed it and then overturned an obvious call that they got right in the first place. Something stinks about it.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible call. Glad Granderson didn't do anything after that.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's possible for an Umpire to hear a foul tip from 110 feet away, when there's 45,000 fans cheering.
Jim Wolf needs to be suspended. Not only did he originally call Granderson out in tonight's game, he expected other umpires, who were a minimum of 110 feet away to help make the call. They had a video board to help (even though the play is not reviewable) make the call. And they still blew the call. So not only are they incompetent, they're stupid, cowards and of course liars. The worthless umpires eject Joe Maddon when the umpires were wrong.

Just because the umps got a call wrong doesn't give the manager the green light to do and say anything he wants.

I feel bad for the umps and refs these days. With super slow motion replays, coaches challenges and crazed fans that know shit is so obvious that you would have to be a retard to miss a call, they are on pins and needles.

A bad call is a bad call, people need to deal with it and understand that it is going to happen.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sept 24, 2016. I knew this would be a problem

f2d8FHp.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, that ump admitted he got it wrong

I agree they still suck, but should be noted

Yeah at least he didn't try to hide it and was man enough too. I understand from HIS vantage point how it could have looked like it was a foul ball...

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the umps got a call wrong doesn't give the manager the green light to do and say anything he wants.

and the umps lied about it during the game. (hearing a foul tip from 110 feet away!!!!)

They have replay in sports for a reason. (guess what's going to be reviewable next year) The ump changed his call for no reason.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was an error, but fortunately it did not affect the game and the Cubs still got that game. Joe Maddon was correct in pointing that out and getting ejected in order to make his point, but that's as far as it goes because that was the only error - You best get used to it because the Los Angeles Dodgers simply beat the living shit out of the Cubs and totally destroyed them. So far in the three series - that was the only error made - get over it now and move on

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the umps lied about it during the game. (hearing a foul tip from 110 feet away!!!!)

They have replay in sports for a reason. (guess what's going to be reviewable next year) The ump changed his call for no reason.
It doesn't matter - because once the call is made - you as an umpire never change the call even if you made the wrong call. My nephew learned that right straight up when he umpired a few games while in his first year of college. His second lesson came quickly and found out what I meant when I told him that he would also be going to the school of hard knocks which came in the form of a wild pitch hitting him in the private parts - Ouch - that still hurts to think about that one

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an error, but fortunately it did not affect the game and the Cubs still got that game. Joe Maddon was correct in pointing that out and getting ejected in order to make his point, but that's as far as it goes because that was the only error - You best get used to it because the Los Angeles Dodgers simply beat the living shit out of the Cubs and totally destroyed them. So far in the three series - that was the only error made - get over it now and move on

The Dodgers have 265 million reasons why they're the best team in the NL....43 million more reasons than the "other best team money can buy" .......theYankees

The Dodgers have been over the luxury tax 5 consecutive years.......The Yankees.....15 years in a row..

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have 265 million reasons why they're the best team in the NL....43 million more reasons than the "other best team money can buy" .......theYankees

The Dodgers have been over the luxury tax 5 consecutive years.......The Yankees.....15 years in a row..
The Dodgers went 29 years without - so they were long over-due, but truthfully - it wasn't the veterans that they overpaid a lot $$$$ that did it for them - it was new ones they brought up from the minors - they bought into the system and have grown up together - there have been plenty of small market teams in the last 29 years winning titles