• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB is having some problems

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-bad-baseball-attendance-strikeouts/718162002

Players are striking out more than at any time, an alarming 22.5 percent of all plate appearances. We are on pace for more strikeouts than hits – 18,613 strikeouts compared to 18,136 hits entering Wednesday's non-action.

A staggering 41 position players who appeared in Tuesday night’s games were batting .200 or below.

And you wonder why attendance is down 6.5 percent from this point last year. The average attendance to date is 27,675, which would be the lowest since 1996.

The average time between balls put in play, according to "Sports Illustrated," is a staggering 3 minutes, 45 seconds.

We’ve already had three no-hitters – one more than the last two seasons combined – with eight pitchers having a no-hitter through at least seven innings and 27 pitchers with a no-no through six innings.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tanking is having more of an impact on attendance than anything else...

strikeouts being boring is hogwash when the alternative is a GB to the SS.
What incentive do I have as a Royals fan to attend games when the roster is

A) Designed specifically to have no future at all
B) Traded at the deadline

Why would I attend any games prior to the Trade Deadline?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The enjoyment of a night out at the ball park. Because of where I live I have taken my granddaughter to a random Tigers game in the past.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The enjoyment of a night out at the ball park. Because of where I live I have taken my granddaughter to a random Tigers game in the past.
Fair points. If I didn't have my own personal things to take care of I'd probably at least go to a couple this year anyways.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you go to a random Tigers game from time to time. But if you were NY, wouldn’t you go to Yankee games more often?

I go to about 2 SD/SF games per year. But if the Giants are not playing well when they come to town, I am less apt to find the time to go to a game. I only go to non-Giants games about once every other year or so, but usually for completely non-baseball reasons (work, nephew signing anthem, friend gifting me a ticket, etc).

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important and used facet of the game (the strike zone) is still determined by 1 mans opinion.

Exactness in professional sports is now a standard.

Change or die.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important and used facet of the game (the strike zone) is still determined by 1 mans opinion.

Change or die.
Bring on our robot masters!!

:badmin:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you go to a random Tigers game from time to time. But if you were NY, wouldn’t you go to Yankee games more often?

I go to about 2 SD/SF games per year. But if the Giants are not playing well when they come to town, I am less apt to find the time to go to a game. I only go to non-Giants games about once every other year or so, but usually for completely non-baseball reasons (work, nephew signing anthem, friend gifting me a ticket, etc).

Cost and time would determine how many Yankees games I would go to if I lived in NY. But you know Me, I love the game and will go see two teams regardless of who they are. I once drove from Va Bch to Atlanta to visit some friends and while there took in a Red Sox Braves games.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long winter and bad weather had their say. Braves attendance is up, and that's all I care about.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably could go to the Chicago ballparks if I wanted, though Wrigley is too much crowd and sweat for me. I never consider the Sox, because ... I just don't.

I do more minor league (indy ball <------------- see avatar) because I like baseball at the stadium. As for the strikeouts and tanking, I am a Reds fan. We just are. If MLB wants the NYY-LA-Boston-Chicago series, I guess we can grab the remote. I don't do 10-dollar beers either.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably could go to the Chicago ballparks if I wanted, though Wrigley is too much crowd and sweat for me. I never consider the Sox, because ... I just don't.

I do more minor league (indy ball <------------- see avatar) because I like baseball at the stadium. As for the strikeouts and tanking, I am a Reds fan. We just are. If MLB wants the NYY-LA-Boston-Chicago series, I guess we can grab the remote. I don't do 10-dollar beers either.

You could probably hit the White Sox for pretty cheap. I was watching the A's/White Sox game today. I don't think there were more than 1,000 fans there. It looked like the beer guy to fan ratio was 3:1.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually do 2-3 Indians games a year. I used to do a lot more, before we had kids. I'm trying to get to every MLB ballpark. I have been several "out of market games" over the last couple of years. This year I knocked out SD, and the Angels.

I do go to several MiLB games a year as well.

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Change or die.

Most all pro sports are subject to human error like baseball..........Football and basketball for sure......Refs can change everything

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to 5-6 Braves games a year. I'd go to more, but I work a lot more hours than I used to, and I'm a mountain goat, so even with the move to Cobb COunty, it's still a bit of a haul for me.

But with the winning product, a nice new stadium in a far better location and the hottest bar scene in metro Atlanta, the Braves have been drawing good crowds. Getting 30+ K for business man weekday afternoon games. That never happened at Turner Field.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to watch your favorite team play a game?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad to see this, think bad weather and bad teams are the biggest culprits here.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with 1/3 of the teams already out of playoff contention, why attend a game?
I would prefer to go to the local racetracks/ pay much less/ get better seats and not pay to park.