• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB in Portland

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletics relocation?
Seeing as they had a FREE game yesterday and STILL couldn’t sell out makes it abundantly clear that they have no future in Oakland.

To be fair, I think that is more the fault of ownership than the fan base, but that is immaterial at this point.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a better city in my opinion would be like Las Vegas they have the population and I consider it a big city I think Portland is kind of blah of a city

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as Tampa, Miami and Oakland keep their teams.

I'd hate to upset dozens of people.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland needs a new city away from the influence of the Giants market.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I think MLB expansion will happen soon, a city like Portland would make sense to me.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen, would love to see it happens but the politics will squash it. Even their mayor just came out and said he'd love for it to happen but they have more important things to use their bonds on.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually the naysayers are loudest early on ... but the grind to get it done is accomplished by quieter more established people. If Portland wants MLB, they have hoops to negotiate They let the AAA team go without a fight, so that's something, but they also haven't spent any money on a baseball stadium.

They CAN sell baseball in Portland but I don't know if there's a media there that makes it appealing enough. Global economics are not my forte.

Oakland wants a ballpark but I don't think they will get one. Tampa will boot-scoot to Montreal in the next few years. Nobody will care.

Portland is one of only three or four metro areas that are left. Everybody else has already spent millions on new ballparks -- including Nashville, Charlotte and Okie City. Las Vegas is preparing to replace their stadium. They will do that before long.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually the naysayers are loudest early on ... but the grind to get it done is accomplished by quieter more established people. If Portland wants MLB, they have hoops to negotiate They let the AAA team go without a fight, so that's something, but they also haven't spent any money on a baseball stadium.

They CAN sell baseball in Portland but I don't know if there's a media there that makes it appealing enough. Global economics are not my forte.

Oakland wants a ballpark but I don't think they will get one. Tampa will boot-scoot to Montreal in the next few years. Nobody will care.

Portland is one of only three or four metro areas that are left. Everybody else has already spent millions on new ballparks -- including Nashville, Charlotte and Okie City. Las Vegas is preparing to replace their stadium. They will do that before long.

Don't disagree but Portland has the little brother complex from SF and Seattle and both said no to any public money to any stadiums. The Portland group just wants bond money which have been proven over and over to actually make money for cities but it doesn't fly in Seattle or Portland when 99% of sports fans don't get to vote for the mayor or city councils.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen, would love to see it happens but the politics will squash it. Even their mayor just came out and said he'd love for it to happen but they have more important things to use their bonds on.

like what? More Pot stores?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as they had a FREE game yesterday and STILL couldn’t sell out makes it abundantly clear that they have no future in Oakland.

To be fair, I think that is more the fault of ownership than the fan base, but that is immaterial at this point.

I mean... That's an NFL football stadium. Their attendance in that game was more than most MLB stadiums can fit.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree but Portland has the little brother complex from SF and Seattle and both said no to any public money to any stadiums. The Portland group just wants bond money which have been proven over and over to actually make money for cities but it doesn't fly in Seattle or Portland when 99% of sports fans don't get to vote for the mayor or city councils.

one things for sure…wazzou will never see anything remotely sniffing a pro team…cept for junior league hockey of course.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like what? More Pot stores?

Homelessness, the public schools and heroin overdose. I guess you can't work on that while building a new stadium.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one things for sure…wazzou will never see anything remotely sniffing a pro team…cept for junior league hockey of course.

Well of course, if someone put any pro team in Pullman that dude should be shot on site. Though beer Olympics should be in Pullman.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course, if someone put any pro team in Pullman that dude should be shot on site. Though beer Olympics should be in Pullman.

thought NASCAR was on the right track a few years back about a super speedway over your way…not sure why they did not choose the PNW for such a venture.