• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
133935582.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before someone starts a lame-ass rant about Bug Selig fixing games or injecting players with 'roids in bathrooms before games. :L

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before someone starts a lame-ass rant about Bug Selig fixing games or injecting players with 'roids in bathrooms before games. :L

I didn't know Bud did that.

MEMO TO SELF:

I should ONLY gamble on the starting pitchers 1st 5 INSTEAD of relying on the COT DAM bullpens and full 9 inning/27 per game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His teeth remind me of Micheal Strahan!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under Mr. Selig’s watch, Major League Baseball has grown into a flourishing business that brings in $8 billion in annual revenue. The league and its players union have also enjoyed an unusually long period of labor peace in recent years.

Mr. Manfred was set up to be Selig’s handpicked successor, the faithful deputy who had played important behind-the-scenes roles since he began working for baseball on a full-time basis full time in 1998. For 15 of those years, he was an executive vice president, in charge of both labor relations that were devoid of any work stoppages and the sport’s increasing efforts to crack down on the use of performance-enhancing drugs.

Mr. Selig promoted Manfred last September to chief operating officer, but the role of putative next commissioner was one he had idled in since 2010, when the other potential heir to Selig’s throne, Bob DuPuy, was pushed out in a power shift. That left Manfred in perfect form to follow the path the N.B.A. was taking. The longtime commissioner David Stern groomed his longtime deputy, Adam Silver, to take over upon his retirement, which came in 2013 took effect this year after he spent 30 years in charge, and the N.B.A. owners bought into the plan.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first thing this guy needs to do is force batters to get in the box and pitchers to throw the fricken ball. the pace of games is an absolute embarrassment to the game. low scoring games taking 3 and a half hrs is a fricken joke.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first thing this guy needs to do is force batters to get in the box and pitchers to throw the fricken ball. the pace of games is an absolute embarrassment to the game. low scoring games taking 3 and a half hrs is a fricken joke.

It will be interesting to see if they try to enforce those rules again.

The average game is almost three hours long and studies have shown there is an average of only 18 minutes of game action. (both still less than the NFL's 3+ hours and 11 minutes of action)...

When the NBA & NHL have kept their averages at 2 & 1/2, both MLB & NFL should try to speed up their games...

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit!!!!

I was hoping it would be Sandy Alderson.

That means he's gonna remain the Mets GM for another year??

:gaah:

I found it odd that it took more than three votes and over five hour to knock out Boston's Tom Werner... That tells me there were more than a few owners that did not like Selig and his hand picked replacement....

Red Sox, Diamondbacks, White Sox, Reds, Angels, A's, Jays, Rays, Brewers & Nationals all started out against Manfred (with TB, Mil & Was eventualy switching)...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said it before and will say it again : Rob Manfred is NOT another Bud Selig. Trust me on this - Manfred hates the pace of the game as much as we do. He hates the cheaters as much as we do. Give him time becuz he isn't going to take over and look disrespectful to Selig by making big changes right out of the gate. Selig is the one who brought him into MLB and Manfred will be careful at 1st. When the game is "his" and Selig is well in the rear view mirror Manfred is gonna put his stamp on the game and all of us will like it. Sit tight , the day is coming.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it odd that it took more than three votes and over five hour to knock out Boston's Tom Werner... That tells me there were more than a few owners that did not like Selig and his hand picked replacement....

Red Sox, Diamondbacks, White Sox, Reds, Angels, A's, Jays, Rays, Brewers & Nationals all started out against Manfred (with TB, Mil & Was eventualy switching)...

those teams didn't support Manfred becuz he isn't "one of them" like Selig. They know just like everyone in the game knows Manfred is not gonna be owned by the owners. He's going to do what he thinks is right and I promise he's gonna piss off a lot of owners along the way. There will be a lot of talk about owners wanting to get rid of him starting in the next 12-18 months or so. The problem they're gonna run into is Manfred is going to be popular with the fans and they will have a hard time justifying firing him. We're going back to the days where the Commissioner worked for the game/fans and not for the owners and I can't wait till we're there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Wilpons certainly will go along with anything Selig and his posse want since they completely bailed them out after the Madoff fiasco. Schmucks.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing what Manfred will do as commish. Say all you will about Selig he did a lot for the game especially as it relates to labor and the wild card.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good. Leave the game alone.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing what Manfred will do as commish. Say all you will about Selig he did a lot for the game especially as it relates to labor and the wild card.

Wo wo wo wo. Easy does it champ. Bud Selig is a walking definition of hypocrisy. He did a lot for the game especially labor relations? Baseball carves a legal exception to the anti-trust laws governing our capitalist system and Bud Seilig used it to the advantage trying to bring the labor union to its heels. Former commissioner Fay Vincent was justified in accusing Selig then owner of Brewers of colluding with owners to bring down salaries.

Yes, that Selig ,the man who promised to build a new stadium with his own money in Milwaukee then used an army of lobbyists to let the public foot most of the money and turn around and made a killing selling the team.
And don't get me started with steroids. When the Giants invited Bonds to last spring spring training as a hitting instructor, this Selig hypocrite was livid especially considering his blessing to McGwire. Yep, Tony La Russa the former manager of Oakland As who saw no evil hear no evil with steroids pertaining to the Bash Brothers Canseco and McGwire was voted to the Hall of Fame! The funny thing is Matt Williams the manager of the Nationals who was with Bonds during his playing career with Giants was named in the 2007Mitchell report and he claimed he used HgH for his ankle injury. Unbelievable. The hypocrisy with Bud Selig, the national media and baseball with its dwindling ratings is nauseating. Bud Selig should be ashamed of himself for leaving the national pastime in such a mess for whoever he left it to.