• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MJ and LeBron through 1,072 games

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Lebron has faced tougher opponents in the finals than MJ did. MJ didn't face slouches by any means, but they weren't as good as the Spurs and Warriors teams Lebron has played.

Having said that, Lebron did lose to the Mavericks, who weren't as good as any of the teams MJ faced in the finals.

This, I agree with. MJ's road to the finals was definitely more difficult than Lebron's. But once they reached the finals, Lebron has faced better teams there.

Given the above, you could make the case that if Lebron faced the level of competition MJ did in getting to the finals, he doesn't make it to 8 finals (including the last 7 in a row) and that if MJ faced the same level of competition in the finals that Lebron has, he's not 6-0.

Either team you put MJ on, (His dynasty Bulls, Those stacked Heat/Cavs teams) , hes gonna be undefeated in the finals vs. ANY finals finals opponent Lebron played IMO. The only year where I see Jordan having a big of a struggle is the year Irving went down injured. (Series will go 7) Outside of that. Jordan doesn't lose with Love/Irving healthy or Prime Wade/Bosh/Post Prime Allen to the Warriors. Spurs push him 6 games max. They are about on par with the Jazz/'93 Suns.

Warriors are overrated. Sure they are great, but not as great billed. I mean they Blew a 3-1 Series lead for god sakes. (And Im not even convinced they even make it out of the West last year if the Spurs were at full strength with Parker/Leonard considering how they were getting BEAT DOWN at HOME before Leonard went down injured and without Parker mind you) You think Jordan is gonna let that happen?? No way in hell. MJ's Bulls aren't losing a 3-1 series lead. He wouldn't even allow a 7 game series in a finals.

Some of the Warriors success the last few years also attributes to the West being weaker in recent year than it was in the 2000's as well. Put them in the 2000's West and I see them struggling quite a bit with the late 2000s Spurs, Kobe/Shaq lakers (Who are the only team I see beating MJ one year anyways),

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the Warriors success the last few years also attributes to the West being weaker in recent year than it was in the 2000's as well.

Shit. You should have typed this sentence first. That way I would have known better than to waste my time reading the rest of your post.

Although, to be fair, I should have known better when I read the first sentence anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. You should have typed this sentence first. That way I would have known better than to waste my time reading the rest of your post.

Although, to be fair, I should have known better when I read the first sentence anyway.

You didn't even have to go that far. Poster name was enough for me.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan showed he can't be beat in the finals. Lebron has shown he can't even maintain a winning record in the finals despite being on stacked teams for 7 of his 8 finals appearances.

Look no further than the track record of years of PROOF we have.

Looks like I win:crazy:. LeTots exposed... AGAIN!!!

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other little nuggets of truth. ... And the two best players Jordan played with his entire .. Pippen (Who Jordan made great by challenging him to be the best every day who wouldn't have even be as good as he was if not for M) and a past prime Rodman who had no offensive game.

On The flip side with Lebron:

- Prime Wade
-Prime Irving
-Post prime Shaq
- Prime Love
- Prime Bosh
-Post prime Allen

... Just off this list alone Lebron has played with 4 more legit HOF'ers than MJ.

You think Jordan is losing a finals with that supporting help? ROFLMAO!!! He went undefeated with LESS overall help and had to go through more quality teams to get there.

Jordan is going a perfect 10-0 or 9-0 in finals at least with that type of help. Its not difficult to comprehend since he went 6-0 with Just Pippen in the first 3 peat and another 3 with Post prime Rodman/Pippen in the 2nd.

Its kind of.. you know... Common sense and logic. If you go a perfect 6-0 with 2 HOFers (one of which who has no offense), you're gonna be even more dominant with SIX future HOf'ers.

Last edited:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron>Jordan

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Lebron has faced tougher opponents in the finals than MJ did. MJ didn't face slouches by any means, but they weren't as good as the Spurs and Warriors teams Lebron has played.

Having said that, Lebron did lose to the Mavericks, who weren't as good as any of the teams MJ faced in the finals.

This, I agree with. MJ's road to the finals was definitely more difficult than Lebron's. But once they reached the finals, Lebron has faced better teams there.

Given the above, you could make the case that if Lebron faced the level of competition MJ did in getting to the finals, he doesn't make it to 8 finals (including the last 7 in a row) and that if MJ faced the same level of competition in the finals that Lebron has, he's not 6-0.

So why do you give MJ so much credit for being 6-0 and lerbon 3-5...If the east was a little better lebron wouldn't have as many finals losses as he would have lost before the finals, and if the finals teams were not as good competition wise like you point out lebron may have more rings.

I think deep down you know that they are very similar players, and the stats back that up...almost identical

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why do you give MJ so much credit for being 6-0 and lerbon 3-5...

As has been explained ad nauseum, rings is the tiebreaker. The difference in numbers between all time greats is so slim, that a case can be made for any of them to be GOAT. That tiebreaker is rings/finals record. MJ is 6-0, so he wins the tiebreaker against everyone.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either team you put MJ on, (His dynasty Bulls, Those stacked Heat/Cavs teams) , hes gonna be undefeated in the finals vs. ANY finals finals opponent Lebron played IMO. The only year where I see Jordan having a big of a struggle is the year Irving went down injured. (Series will go 7) Outside of that. Jordan doesn't lose with Love/Irving healthy or Prime Wade/Bosh/Post Prime Allen to the Warriors. Spurs push him 6 games max. They are about on par with the Jazz/'93 Suns.

Warriors are overrated. Sure they are great, but not as great billed. I mean they Blew a 3-1 Series lead for god sakes. (And Im not even convinced they even make it out of the West last year if the Spurs were at full strength with Parker/Leonard considering how they were getting BEAT DOWN at HOME before Leonard went down injured and without Parker mind you) You think Jordan is gonna let that happen?? No way in hell. MJ's Bulls aren't losing a 3-1 series lead. He wouldn't even allow a 7 game series in a finals.

Some of the Warriors success the last few years also attributes to the West being weaker in recent year than it was in the 2000's as well. Put them in the 2000's West and I see them struggling quite a bit with the late 2000s Spurs, Kobe/Shaq lakers (Who are the only team I see beating MJ one year anyways),

So much wrong in one post

There is no player in the history of the NBA you could have swapped with Lebron last season, and the Cavs would have beaten that GS team

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much wrong in one post

There is no player in the history of the NBA you could have swapped with Lebron last season, and the Cavs would have beaten that GS team

The Warriors may not have even gotten to the finals last year if the Spurs were at full strength. Lets not forget they were getting DESTROYED before Leonard went down (and without Parker mind you).

Warriors are overrated. Cavs had more than enough to beat them last year. They just gave the first 3 games away and didn't show up until Game 4 basically because there was no emphasis on defense and Lebron wasn't alpha when he needed to be. We all know MJ is the most alpha male of all

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors may not have even gotten to the finals last year if the Spurs were at full strength. Lets not forget they were getting DESTROYED before Leonard went down (and without Parker mind you).

Warriors are overrated. Cavs had more than enough to beat them last year. They just gave the first 3 games away and didn't show up until Game 4 basically because there was no emphasis on defense and Lebron wasn't alpha when he needed to be. We all know MJ is the most alpha male of all

First part about the Spurs, disagree, but not an unreasonable take.

But the second part is mind-numbingly stupid. I would highly consider a cat-scan for a brain tumor.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are overrated.

Ehm....

pvJA8_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron will go down as the "greatest" A hole in NBA history, thoughts?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been explained ad nauseum, rings is the tiebreaker. The difference in numbers between all time greats is so slim, that a case can be made for any of them to be GOAT. That tiebreaker is rings/finals record. MJ is 6-0, so he wins the tiebreaker against everyone.

I don't think you could find a single player that matches up similar to what jordan and Lebron put up over at least 10 years...Especially looking at PER, fg% and just the basic Points, rebounds, assists

Lebron's major flaw i will knock him down on was his loss to Dallas...All the othe other series you could swap Jordan or anyone else for lebron they weren't winning any of those finals series imo

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you could find a single player that matches up similar to what jordan and Lebron put up over at least 10 years...Especially looking at PER, fg% and just the basic Points, rebounds, assists

Lebron's major flaw i will knock him down on was his loss to Dallas...All the othe other series you could swap Jordan or anyone else for lebron they weren't winning any of those finals series imo

Kareem and Magic come to mind for starters.

Lebron's major flaw is that he loses the tiebreaker to MJ. Just like everyone else. He also loses the tiebreaker to Kareem and Magic.