• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mizzou a top 5 offense?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10, maybe.

In the state of Missouri.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what happened to the Oklahoma offense after Heuple left.

Maybe there's your answer.

But it's Missouri.
They'll have to show me.
Well with him there that's the best it's looked in awhile. But I agreed with the rest.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even top five in the SEC

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All valid points but more telling is how their season went. They were 1-5 and seemed to have no hope when coach Odom gave his big speech. They then ripped off 6 straight wins. They wouldn't have lost to too many teams the way they were playing during that streak.

Here's how Athlon preseason mag ranks the Tigers offensive units for 2018.
QB- #8
RB- #17
WR/TE- #10
OL- #6
Not seeing top 5 in anything

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big thing here is that I don't think we know the team's identity without Josh Heupel. The bowl game against Texas was a bunch of plays written on a napkin against backup players and outside of that there is just Heupel playing Madden.

Lock has shown improvement every year. If he gets better this year then yeah, top 5 offense. The main issue is that he is switching systems and 'git gud' in a new system might not translate into wins. It might translate more into NFL draft stock which probably doesn't mean that his numbers will look anything like last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they take some lumps early in the season and finish strong. I also think Mizzou will only be favored in 4 games next year so its hard for me to get too hyped. If they get to 7 wins then it means that Mizzou is a good team which is about where I have them pegged.

I've been surprised before, though.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For them to win 10 games the only loses could be at Alabama and at home vs Georgia. They would have to win at South Carolina and at the Swamp. Not saying it isn’t possible but I doubt they do both.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For them to win 10 games the only loses could be at Alabama and at home vs Georgia. They would have to win at South Carolina and at the Swamp. Not saying it isn’t possible but I doubt they do both.
Literally didn't realize Bama played them this season.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't consider that....Bastard is using an alt thinking we won't rag him.
There are only so many Misery fans out there. There aren’t new ones being converted so an alt is more plausible than another Misery fan.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it’s the first time they play them in Tuscaloosa as SEC members.

th

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to win 10 games when there are at least 4 losses headed your way. Part of the reason for Mizzou's success last year was the play-calling of their offensive coordinator - who is now the head coach at UCF. Replacing him with Dufus Dooley will mean at least a 10-point per game drop off in scoring.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misery couldn’t win 10 with an awful east the past few years how they going to do it with an instantly better defensive minded Vol’s team and an improved Florida staff?

This is a more interesting idea. I wonder if the east will be bad this year . I doubt it, but it may turn out better than the West

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a more interesting idea. I wonder if the east will be bad this year . I doubt it, but it may turn out better than the West

Overall, the East will most likely be bad this year; with Georgia being the major exception. Kentucky will probably be competitive again. Florida should be improved, but not by a large margin - at least not for another year. South Carolina is losing a lot of players & will probably be down this year, Vandy is always bad, and don't look for Tennessee to make any great strides for a year or two.

Unless somebody pulls a hell of an upset, Georgia should win the East in a cakewalk. Kentucky, SC, Florida & Missouri will fight over second place; with one of those four battling Vandy & Tennessee for the bottom.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, the East will most likely be bad this year; with Georgia being the major exception. Kentucky will probably be competitive again. Florida should be improved, but not by a large margin - at least not for another year. South Carolina is losing a lot of players & will probably be down this year, Vandy is always bad, and don't look for Tennessee to make any great strides for a year or two.

Unless somebody pulls a hell of an upset, Georgia should win the East in a cakewalk. Kentucky, SC, Florida & Missouri will fight over second place; with one of those four battling Vandy & Tennessee for the bottom.

I thought South Carolina was bringing back a decent chunk of the team. I was guessing one of Florida or Tennessee would surprise.

2ndly, I don't think the West is a killer this year. Bama is Bama. Auburn is Auburn, which means you never know what to expect. LSU looks like a staggering drunk ready to finally collapse and pass out. Ole Miss is a train wreck, Ark isn't far behind. A&M has issues. Not sure what to make of MSU and their new coach

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 might be a stretch but I'm open to the idea of it. They were a top 20 offense in terms of efficiency and return significant pieces. I'd say at any rate they'll be at worst a top 15 offense this season, which is still pretty good.

One of the more intriguing ooc games is their game at Purdue. Mizzou stunk it up in that game last year. That'll be a good data point to see where they're at.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought South Carolina was bringing back a decent chunk of the team. I was guessing one of Florida or Tennessee would surprise.

2ndly, I don't think the West is a killer this year. Bama is Bama. Auburn is Auburn, which means you never know what to expect. LSU looks like a staggering drunk ready to finally collapse and pass out. Ole Miss is a train wreck, Ark isn't far behind. A&M has issues. Not sure what to make of MSU and their new coach

I think Miss St is the 3rd best team in the division, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they beat Auburn considering they get them at home. Moorhead was a home run hire .

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miss St is the 3rd best team in the division, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they beat Auburn considering they get them at home. Moorhead was a home run hire .

Just the unknown. Easier to assume a hire will be positive when you move on from a coach that was responsible for underperforming teams with talent (Tenn/Florida), than a guy that maximized the resources. I can see the West being basically a 2 horse race. Auburn always scares me. When you think they will struggle, they roll. When you think they are going to just roll, they throw up a mediocre year