• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mitch kupchak and Jim Buss gone.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that decision will likely be upwards of 80M difference. I'm sure if this was determined before KD left OKC, it would have given him at least something much more to think about.
well the thing is- he hasnt met the qualifications to get a designated player extension yet---

do you think Paul George makes an All NBA team this year? i think its very very questionable- and id prob lean no......now he could make it next year as well.

if the Lakers want to have any prayer at having the cap room to sing him- they cant use their 22 million in cap room this year on a long term deal. If they say sign some guy to a 20M dollar deal that was anything for more than 1 year this offseason- it would make it EXTREMELY difficult to carve out 30 million in cap room to sign George.

now if they sign a few guys on 1 year deals and preserve that room- and Paul George DOES NOT make an All NBA team any of the next 2 years, AND the Lakers show promise, AND George gives up what would still be substantial cash, they would have a shot at him.

we will get a good idea this offseason what their plan is for the future....if they sign a guy to a multi year deal with their 22 million in cap room- the chances of having any chance to sign George would be extremely remote.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that decision will likely be upwards of 80M difference. I'm sure if this was determined before KD left OKC, it would have given him at least something much more to think about.
this is the difference i think- same would apply to george:

Curry is the only one of the six who will be a free agent next summer, and this could be lucrative for him. His max offer from the Warriors projects to be more than $209 million over five years (nearly $42 million annually). Because teams can only use the veteran-designated-player framework on re-signings and extensions, other teams project to be able to offer Curry “only” about $133 million over four years (about$33 million annually).* Not that anyone suspected Curry would leave the Warriors, but this just makes it even more certain.

your right- a little less than 80 million with the extra year. isnt that freaking crazy? lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus....lets see-

if Paul George ends of getting the designated player extension from Indiana- after all is said and done- how much does he really get?

209....cut what? is it 10% for the agent?

thats 21 million.

so no we are down to

188 million

lop off AT LEAST 40% for taxes....

now are down to 113 million

--if he gets the 133 over 4 years from the Lakers......13 Million to the agent- 10%...leaves us with 120....California has the highest taxes in the country....so ya gotta figure thats a little more than indiana...lets say 3-4% more....just the SAME 40% is 72M....minus lets say 4-5M extra in taxes for being in Cali....68M

after agents and taxes the difference between 113 million and 68 million is a helluva lot....now i realize- wtf are you gonna buy with 113 that you cant buy with 68......but while that difference is not double - its barking up that tree.

plus- if i were to pick one guy on either the Lakeres or PAcers that was not named Paul George- the name id pick is probably Myles Turner.