• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri Game Thread

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Holgorsen should have given Crest another series...I get it was a bad turnover..but come on..Howard was an interception/fumble machine last year and he never got pulled
I just based my opinion on what I saw at the game. I'm sure both Crest and Chuggs are better than what we saw, but it still does not give me any confidence if Skyler goes down.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just based my opinion on what I saw at the game. I'm sure both Crest and Chuggs are better than what we saw, but it still does not give me any confidence if Skyler goes down.

Crest was in for one snap and Chugs in for 3 ...not a very big sample size....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to see Crest used like Swoops...let him run the ball down near the line, save some hits on Howard. Texas did a great job setting that up for Swoops.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crest is like Howard, he wants to do well and prove himself so bad that he gets himself in trouble. happens to most players at one point or another but the good ones learn how to deal with it. I agree with Slaton, I think we need a little bigger sample size before we can make a good assessment.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think we will ever get a good sample size with him....going into next year I do not see him even in the race to be QB 1.

I like DH's offense, but i do not think he works well with some of the talent he has on the bench. Not saying offense sucks I just think he could do more.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been wondering for several years why, when we have a coach who is known for an offense that features the QB, we can't seem to get a QB? The best QB Holgorsen has had since coming to WVU was a holdover from the previous staff. The offense looks to be good this year, the line is the best we have had in a while, we have a pretty good stable of RBs, not sure on our receivers yet, but we have a so so QB, and not much behind him.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now your twisting my words...I said that Howard did a poor job in missing his reads on several option plays...I did not say that Wv's offense overall played poorly on Saturday...my concern is if he doesn't clean it up it will comeback to haunt this team later..whether it be in a fumble or interception by putting the offense either behind the chains and unnecessarily extending down and distance or a muffed hand off caused by interior DL pressure... same stuff he did last year...I am certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt being the first game of the season and he cleans it up but like i said I have seen this before..

Skyler missed his reads? Interesting. You base this on what exactly?

This should be good...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been wondering for several years why, when we have a coach who is known for an offense that features the QB, we can't seem to get a QB? The best QB Holgorsen has had since coming to WVU was a holdover from the previous staff. The offense looks to be good this year, the line is the best we have had in a while, we have a pretty good stable of RBs, not sure on our receivers yet, but we have a so so QB, and not much behind him.
:puzzled:.........Will Grier?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skyler missed his reads? Interesting. You base this on what exactly?

This should be good...

Handing the ball to his first read and the back getting blown up in the back field..like 6 times .how much beer did you have that game anyhow...heard the lines were like 45 minutes long...couldn't have been that many!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Handing the ball to his first read and the back getting blown up in the back field..like 6 times .how much beer did you have that game anyhow...heard the lines were like 45 minutes long...couldn't have been that many!

Didn't have a drop... Damn game was too early. Partied like a dog after though!!

So... the RB getting blown up is all you got?

Well... there is a team on the other side of the ball. Mizzou so happens to have been one of the nation's leaders last year in tackles for loss. They averaged 8.83/gm. Against WVU they had 6. Almost all of them boys who accounted for their impressive average were back to play for them last Saturday.

Just so you quit looking so stupid, maybe you should learn why the zone read ain't such a good option no more. Come back to me when you learn something about the scrape exchange... or attacking the mesh point. You think the Mizzou DE who is projected to be a first rounder had anything to do with what you seen? LOL!!

We already know how the rush blitz works against the zone read. We all seen how Pitt stopped WVU to earn a 13-9 victory as well as all them times little USF stopped it.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't have a drop... Damn game was too early. Partied like a dog after though!!

So... the RB getting blown up is all you got?

Well... there is a team on the other side of the ball. Mizzou so happens to have been one of the nation's leaders last year in tackles for loss. They averaged 8.83/gm. Against WVU they had 6. Almost all of them boys who accounted for their impressive average were back to play for them last Saturday.

Just so you quit looking so stupid, maybe you should learn why the zone read ain't such a good option no more. Come back to me when you learn something about the scrape exchange... or attacking the mesh point. You think the Mizzou DE who is projected to be a first rounder had anything to do with what you seen? LOL!!

We already know how the rush blitz works against the zone read. We all seen how Pitt stopped WVU to earn a 13-9 victory as well as all them times little USF stopped it.
:trash::trash::trash::L:nono::nono::thumper::facepalm3::popsdance::shrug::yawning::exploding::faint::faint:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get off my lawn!

You are going to be one miserable SOB this season if you don't get over yourself...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:puzzled:.........Will Grier?
Maybe wait till he plays a few downs before anointing him???? We have heard about several greats since our HC has been who didn't quite pan out......

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe wait till he plays a few downs before anointing him???? We have heard about several greats since our HC has been who didn't quite pan out......

You asked why he couldn't recruit a QB..he recruited the Player of the Year...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked why he couldn't recruit a QB..he recruited the Player of the Year...
We have heard great things about other QBs that have come to town as well, some with many accolades, next year, we will see how he fits into Holgorsen's (or his replacement's) offense.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have heard great things about other QBs that have come to town as well, some with many accolades, next year, we will see how he fits into Holgorsen's (or his replacement's) offense.

DAD..you can't do that...you asked why he couldn't get a high profile kid to come to the school..I gave you Grier...what Grier does or doesn't do on the field is immaterial

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he did go 6-0 with wins vs Tenn, Mizzou, and Ole Miss (the other 3 was New Mexico St, UK, and ECU) last season with Florida as a RS Freshman plus he's gonna have about 1.5 years to learn the system before he even steps foot on the field. Sooooo...there's those things.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he did go 6-0 with wins vs Tenn, Mizzou, and Ole Miss (the other 3 was New Mexico St, UK, and ECU) last season with Florida as a RS Freshman plus he's gonna have about 1.5 years to learn the system before he even steps foot on the field. Sooooo...there's those things.
Different team, different school, different coaches.....many kids are great in one situation, but not so much in another. When he is PRODUCING at WVU, I will buy in.