• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missed opportunities in the Big 12

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Kansas State lose to Auburn last night was tough to see. Now that I am rooting for B12 teams against the big boys, I realized that a dream season for the conference was just barely missed.

WVU- Alabama WVU scores after the Worley interception, dosent miss a field goal and this could have ended up the upset of the season #2 team in the nation goes down to a team predicted to finish as low as 9th in the conference.

Oklahoma State v. Florida State- Oklahoma State was the better team that day in my mind. Take away the early flurry by Florida State and a pick six and a middle of the road B12 team takes our the #1 team in the land and last years NC.

Kansas State v. Auburn 4 missed field goals and an drop/interception in the end zone. Kansas State really blew this one. For the most part, they were the better team of the day. #3 or #4 in the B12 should have beaten the #6 team and runner up for the NC.

The B12 could have really knocked down the mighty SEC and the ACC this year.

The worst part for me is watching the ESPN guys talk about how Bama, Florida State, and Auburn were so good but were just playing a poor game. Little credit is being given to the B12 teams who are playing lights out.

Whoever can make it through the Gauntlet of WVU Kansas State, Ok State to win the B12 will be well battle tested for the playoff. I would not be surprised if the NC goes to a B12 team this year. I would also not be surprised if the B12 champion has 2 conference losses and gets dissed for the playoff.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking somethiing similar about that game last night but couldn't figure out a good place to post it.

KsSt looked good last night and were beating Auburn all over the field in the first half. Auburn had a few dropped balls but other than that they didn't "look bad" as the ESECPN crew seemed to think. I thought it had more to do with KsSt being just as good if not better.

also, you touched on the interception, what about that early fumble, just gifted Auburn their early FG.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K St was by far the better team defensively last night and Auburn being ranked 5 is a joke. SEC bias is the law of the land at ESPN...if it is anywhere close to a tight game out of conference said team was just off, in conference it was just another great SEC battle.. :bullshit:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K St was by far the better team defensively last night and Auburn being ranked 5 is a joke. SEC bias is the law of the land at ESPN...if it is anywhere close to a tight game out of conference said team was just off, in conference it was just another great SEC battle.. :bullshit:

There is only one way to battle it, start WINNING these games!!!!!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Dad, gotta capitalize on opportunities when they arise. I have no problem saying Bama was the better team but we had chances to get the win and didn't get it done. A few less drops and maybe a defensive stop near the end and we win it. KState left 13 fairly easy points on the field and gifted AU 3, that's a ball game and OSU couldn't make a stop when they needed to for a win there. Would have been nice to get at least ONE of those 3 but had good showings in all 3.

Bottom line, make plays during the game and beat (insert team/conference name here) when it's there for the taking.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree Big 12 teams could erase all doubt by simply winning their games against SECS opponents, I believe the Big 12 received some major props in the fact that both Okie St and WVU played the #1 and #2 teams tough right down to the wire.

The Texas Tech and Texas blowout losses to Arky and BYU did just as much damage. I know BYU is and indie, but it hurt the conference's rep.

Texas Tech is a mess right now.

Didn't we have some WVU fans wishing we had the student... and not the teacher last year?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech is a mess right now.

Fired their DC midweek, some say he came to work high, some say it's because they have up half the state of Texas in yardage to Arky. Either way, that has train wreck written all over it. Now let's hope they stay disfunctional for another 3-4 weeks before they start getting on track :yahoo: