• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miocic vs Ngannou scheduled on Jan. 20

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miocic vs Ngannou is an intriguing fight.

The card also has Cormier vs Volkan. Cormier hasn't lost to anyone not named Jones. Volkan has been dominant. That is another interesting fight.

On a different note: Holm vs Cyborg & Barboza vs Khabib could be good fights too. It lacks the same appeal without McGregor but it still a good card.

Holloway called McGregor retired. Until McGregor fights in MMA Holloway is right. The FW division has moved on. At some point the LW division will need to move on too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The card also has Cormier vs Volkan. Cormier hasn't lost to anyone not named Jones. Volkan has been dominant. That is another interesting fight.

On a different note: Holm vs Cyborg & Barboza vs Khabib could be good fights too. It lacks the same appeal without McGregor but it still a good card.

Holloway called McGregor retired. Until McGregor fights in MMA Holloway is right. The FW division has moved on. At some point the LW division will need to move on too.

I'm ready to see this fight.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready to see this fight.

I was looking forward to watching Ortega. I watched the Ortega vs Swanson fight. Ortega is not only an exciting and undefeated FW fighter, he is as humble & classy as you will see. He is on a winning streak. He has 7 submissions.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep before Swanson vs Ortega. Shit.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep before Swanson vs Ortega. Shit.

I understand that I am on the East coast.

Ortega would have finished him in the first but Swanson was saved by the bell. Ortega has elite level bjj from his training at Gracie JJ. He is so skilled & composed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't miss these.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed... Ngannou is basically another Anthony Johnson, Miocic just beat him in every aspect of the fight.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed... Ngannou is basically another Anthony Johnson, Miocic just beat him in every aspect of the fight.

I was disappointed he didn't train to go past the first round.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed he didn't train to go past the first round.

It was a master class from Stipe, but Ngannou's inability to fight beyond even one round is inexcusable. One thing for sure, but guys have an impressive chin.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miocic is just that good. He's very good with his standup and when he needs to he can usually get a takedown and do damage.

His next big test will be on 7/7 against DC.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miocic is just that good. He's very good with his standup and when he needs to he can usually get a takedown and do damage.

His next big test will be on 7/7 against DC.

Stipe will destroy DC. I cant see it going the distance.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stipe will destroy DC. I cant see it going the distance.

Stipe has excellent boxing skills & power. I think he has the advantage standing.
DC will try to get a takedown. That's his best chance to win. If DC can't get the fight to the ground and keep it there I think Stipe finishes the fight.

DC trains with Cain Velasquez, has fought at HW, and is a former Olympic wrestler. It will be interesting.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stipe has excellent boxing skills & power. I think he has the advantage standing.
DC will try to get a takedown. That's his best chance to win. If DC can't get the fight to the ground and keep it there I think Stipe finishes the fight.

DC trains with Cain Velasquez, has fought at HW, and is a former Olympic wrestler. It will be interesting.

Maybe. I think Stipe has gotten so good on the ground now too that he could beat DC there as well.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I think Stipe has gotten so good on the ground now too that he could beat DC there as well.

Should be a good fight. I hope the rest of the card is worth watching.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good fight. I hope the rest of the card is worth watching.

Really hoping they put DJ vs. TJ on that card. I was hoping for Nunes vs. Cyborg on that one too, but I heard Nunes might be fighting on the 224 card.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hoping they put DJ vs. TJ on that card. I was hoping for Nunes vs. Cyborg on that one too, but I heard Nunes might be fighting on the 224 card.

222 might be a good card. Not anyone I'm particularly interested in but still some good match ups.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
222 might be a good card. Not anyone I'm particularly interested in but still some good match ups.

Feel like 222 isn't that great. Still on the fence about ordering it. Think Frankie vs. Ortega will be exciting. The O'Malley fight should be a good one too. The other fights don't really wow me. The undercard looks solid though.

223 looks like it's got some solid fights on the card. Not sure who will end up on the main, but the co-mains of Khabib v. Ferguson and Rose for Joanna should be great. Will definitely be watching that one.

Any betting predictions for 222? Cyborg is -1600 lol.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Ortega might sub Edgar. The KO shows how well rounded Ortega is.

Ortega has 6 straight finishes and an undefeated record. Holloway has 12 straight wins. That should be a really good championship fight.

Khabib vs Ferguson is another really tough matchup. I think Ferguson has the better standup and if he gets taken down he can still do damage. That fight will be intriguing.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Ortega might sub Edgar. The KO shows how well rounded Ortega is.

Ortega has 6 straight finishes and an undefeated record. Holloway has 12 straight wins. That should be a really good championship fight.

Khabib vs Ferguson is another really tough matchup. I think Ferguson has the better standup and if he gets taken down he can still do damage. That fight will be intriguing.

Ortega usually has an advantage because he's one of the bigger featherweights. But Holloway is a big featherweight too, so that should help even out that advantage for both.

Thought Ortega looked really great. I definitely did not think a KO by Ortega in the first round would happen. That was surprising.

That dude who fought O'Malley though should have his contract revoked, lol. How much of an idiot do you have to be to keep taking your opponent to the ground when he clearly couldn't even stand on his foot. Lowest fight IQ ever.

Can't wait for Khabib vs. Ferguson. Like you said Ferguson is probably one of the best, if not the best, in the UFC fighting with his back to the ground. It's going to be really interesting.