• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Minnesota Vikings @ Seattle Seahawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Returns - Seattle will have a nearly full strength roster for the first time this season. Okung, Giacomini and Harvin should all be in the line up, and despite others thoughts that there could be some easing them back, I don't think that'll happen. With the bye next week, I expect to see quite a bit of all three of them.

Vikes D - This team is definitly not the Purple People Eaters of the 70s, and their 30th ranked D should give the Seahawks offense a chance to continue to roll like they did last week.

Christian Ponder - He's banged up, but even when healthy he's not the greatest QB in the world. The LOB will be looking to force some turnovers, and Ponder has been known to oblige at times. It doesn't matter who is under center, the Vikings have had some real issues at the position, maybe it's time to move Webb back.

Negatives:

Adrian Peterson - Despite the strong showing against Atlanta's league worst running game, the Seahawks will have a huge test against the best RB in the league. He burned the Hawks with 10+ yards per carry and 2 touchdowns last year.

Rust - With so many guys coming back that haven't played recently, there is always concerns that there'll be rust and chemistry issues with those who have been playing. I don't expect it to be too big an issue (especially since the line can't be much worse than it's been).

Matchups:

Special Teams - The Vikings returners have returned 3 kicks for TDs, and the Seahawks have what is one of the best kick coverage teams (if not the best) in the league. If the Seahawks can keep Patterson and Sherels in check, not only will it help keep cheap points off the board, but could keep the Vikings offense with horrible field position.

Marshawn Lynch - The Vikings defense is 17th in the league, but with the returns of 3 linemen, there may be some rust in pass protection, so look for the Seahawks to run the ball (though Bevell has shown he'll call anything).

Russell Okung vs. Jared Allen - When thinking about who the Seahawks have faced since Okung went down, you'll see some very quality pass rushers, and that's exactly what Allen is. Allen would have had a great chance to double his season sack total without Okung. Okung will have to be at the top of his game immediately, but it should be fun to watch, especially if you like watch line play.

Overview:

Last week the league saw that just about anyone can will in any week. The Vikings will need to come in and play the best game of their season, especially in Seattle. Adrian Peterson will have to have a big day to even give them a chance at coming out of this with a win. Look for Seattle to get Harvin in the offense early, wouldn't be surprised to see a WR quick screen on the first offensive play. Seattle should win, but we've see the Hawks allow teams they should be hang around, so there's no telling what could happen.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seattle holds the Vikings to 44 yards passing again this game, I could almost take just about anything Peterson could dish out.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it'll be a "big statement" for the hawks d if they're able to bottle up AP. But, honestly if it's any rb to rack up 150-200 yds on us, I wouldn't it mind it being AP. Guy is a class act and one of my personal favorite players.

It was like growing up watching MJ in the finals against our Sonics. You rooted against him because you wanted our team to succeed but at the end of the day you couldn't help but just admire his greatness.

...Now if AP runs for 200-250 and the Hawks lose...I'll be pissed but I feel like this team is good enough to win and cover the spread regardless of how many yards AP racks up.

Seahawks 27
Vikings 10

AP 131 yds 1 td
Beast Mode 117 yds 2 tds

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bought a 70" LCD yesterday at Costco.
Hawks are gonna be BIG today.

Watched a replay of the Falcon game last night, AWESOME.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling this is going to one of better games to watch this year with many of the starters coming back Harvin etc,hoping for one of those complete games and some sparks on offense like we saw late last year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year AP broke a couple wide open and that blew the stats up… He's gonna get some yards here and there but just contain and focus in on him… Avoid the big play's from AP … There not a huge threat in the passing game… Which is what makes AP's numbers amazing when you consider that…

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Eagles Skins game you really have to appreciate even our guys that played from the bench on o line while the starters were out,,,as is always said it starts in the trenches.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Ian Rapoport -- Expect about 10-15 plays for Percy Harvin today depending on flow of game. Would be surprised if he was involved in any special teams plays.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Ian Rapoport -- Expect about 10-15 plays for Percy Harvin today depending on flow of game. Would be surprised if he was involved in any special teams plays.

Heard he was trying to get Carroll to let him do returns but from the way they said it Pete was "No no nooo" lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GETTIN CLOSE BOYS. Sucks I have to wait till 3 f'ing 30 for the Hawks in Chicago, but I'm pumped! Will be letting out some loud roars from my balcony every time Seattle scores. Will try my best to slowly convert this town.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loud and Proud is the 12th man mo.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was wondering how they intended on using him.

Look forward to seeing him out there even if it is in limited action.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was wondering how they intended on using him.

Look forward to seeing him out there even if it is in limited action.

Bradshaw earlier today said to look for some scramble play's with Harvin FWIW.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God i cant stand looking at the Stealers,plz get it over with,flip redzone back to the Stealers,flip flip.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way...is there anything better than red-zone?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradshaw earlier today said to look for some scramble play's with Harvin FWIW.

I'd just prefer to see him out there running routes without any plays specifically designed for him. I think the purpose of having him out there today should be to get him used to game speed again, not trying to get him hit.