• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Millard only healthy QB at practice today

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya man.

But, I think the one targeted received the message... and, he liked it...

YEAH, I got your message, BB, and the biggest clock issue I saw caused by Trickett was when he had gotten creamed and was trying to come back up to the line!!!! The clock issues that were being bitched about were the three pass punt series' and snapping the ball with 15+ seconds left on the play clock down the stretch that lengthened the game, THOSE issues were NOT caused by ANY miscommunication!!!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clock issues that were being bitched about were the three pass punt series'!

I think Mac and I were talking about these...I had no problem with him staying aggressive here, because we were not running the ball very well at all and I would rather try to get points then just give them the ball back...yes usually I am with you on run the clock...but these teams we are playing now score quick so I think you yourself has to keep the foot on the pedal. Whether you give a team like Ok St 3 min or 2 alot of the time it is not going to matter.

Only clock management issue I had was the last series...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on practice yesterday? Can Clint throw?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read somewhere yesterday that Clint and Paul were splitting reps. Split was something like 60 to 40... C to P.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read somewhere yesterday that Clint and Paul were splitting reps. Split was something like 60 to 40... C to P.

I guess that is a plus, I was thinking after he hurt his arm in the game his throws still looked good bouncing off of Carwells face..:laugh3:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that is a plus, I was thinking after he hurt his arm in the game his throws still looked good bouncing off of Carwells face..:laugh3:

Didn't he go 6-9 after injuring his shoulder? The injury helped improve his accuracy...

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would think(however ugly the thought might be) that after the injury to his throwing arm, he was forced to compact his throwing motion, and in doing so, did improve his accuracy. Somewhere in my past, I read, or heard, that sometimes quarterbacks get too wild with their throwing motions, and that limiting the space that the arm moves in the pulling back and releasing forward motion, makes less drag(better spiral) and hitting targeted spots. I think it was actually on one of the ProBowl Quarterback throwing accuracy competitions that Dan Marino gave that explanation in describing John Elway's throwing style, and it compared Elway side by side with another player, and it was distinctly different, much less movement. With that said, maybe limiting his throwing motion did improve his accuracy, and the numbers appear to give that thought substance.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mac and I were talking about these...I had no problem with him staying aggressive here, because we were not running the ball very well at all and I would rather try to get points then just give them the ball back...yes usually I am with you on run the clock...but these teams we are playing now score quick so I think you yourself has to keep the foot on the pedal. Whether you give a team like Ok St 3 min or 2 alot of the time it is not going to matter.

Only clock management issue I had was the last series...
Yeah, we were. I still cringe at those possessions that ran less than 30 seconds off the clock. But hey, it worked out. I remember Don Nehlen once said something to the effect of...

It's 4th and 1 and everybody wants me to go for it. I punt and play field position so I'm the dumbest coach in America. Yet if I go for it and we don't make it, I'm the dumbest coach in America.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we were. I still cringe at those possessions that ran less than 30 seconds off the clock. But hey, it worked out. I remember Don Nehlen once said something to the effect of...

It's 4th and 1 and everybody wants me to go for it. I punt and play field position so I'm the dumbest coach in America. Yet if I go for it and we don't make it, I'm the dumbest coach in America.
There was one in 1996 against Miami that I wish he would have gone for............