• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MIlk's all-Bust team

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C- Gary Sanchez- i guess someone has to have high value and incapable of matching it... The clear choice is sanchez... anyone drafting him with expectation of 30+ HRs is up for being disappointed. But he kind of wins by default, because there really is no other catcher with high expectations.

1B- Josh Bell- his power was already a little over-exaggerated... and lets not forget he plays in pittsburgh... they don't often get 30+ HR players... and unless the rookie can hit for a good average, i just don't see him being Fantasy relevant...

2B- Trea Turner- ONLY 73 games last season... Lets not go crazy on him YET... Pitchers will adjust to him... The BA was .342 last season, that is just not happening... And he is not going to hit 20 HRs this season... so you basically are paying ONLY for the Stolen bases... which he should be elite at...

3B- don't really have a 3B... so i guess i will just give it to nick castellanos- he is just ranked highest of the players i don't think are that good... but it is not like he is ranked that high...

SS- Jean Segura- career best season now makes him an elite SS?? nah sorry!!! another 20 HR hitter that is GUARANTEED to not hit more than 15...

OF- Mookie Betts- first round value??? not by me... Red sox offense has no place to go but down, Betts is now the king of the mountain, can he handle it?? i doubt he will be a top 20 offensive player this season

OF- Kyle Schwarber- he is still all Potential... Joe maddon says he will lead off, and Schwarber does have a good eye... But i would be surprised if he lasts long there and then he will be pushed back in the lineup... Just not a fan...

OF- Adam Duvall- last years darling... he will be over drafted this season, and for what?? all he can do is hit HRs... He is on a bad team, bad offense... their is very little upside for him... as his team won't let his RBIs and Runs accrue high enough for the POTENTIAL you are paying for... and if he doesn't cut down the SO, then he will remain a low BA high power guy... and it is not like he has a good walk rate either...

DH- Brian Dozier- The HRs were crazy last season, he is not a 30 HR guy, he is not now anything different than he has been in the past... don't draft him as a Stud...

SP- Chris Sale- Lefty in fenway?? there is just no advantage to that!!! and his SO rates have been going down... that is just not a good sign

SP- Danny Duffy- this is a cheap one... but i need an easy call... he is just not going to be what he was last season... don't chase his stats!!!

SP- David Price- he is injured, so this is another cheap one... But again, lefties in fenway, just have NO advantage...

SP- Carlos Martinez- I just have a bad feeling about the cardinals... this might be one of those year where nothing goes right for them

SP- Justin Verlander- another year older, had a resurgence season... was that season the outlier, or was the previous 3 seasons...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....

If I draft all these guys I should be in pretty good shape, right?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....

If I draft all these guys I should be in pretty good shape, right?

Should i start a bust league in baseball?? does it work??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not scared of Verlander. Wouldn't argue heavily over anyone else on your list. Although I like CMart and Duffy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not scared of Verlander. Wouldn't argue heavily over anyone else on your list. Although I like CMart and Duffy.

CMart is a hunch... i don't really have reasoning for it... unlike the others on my list... Really had to just get 5 SP... - might be because i am bitter i didn't extend his contract in my money league...

Duffy, i like him too... again, just needed to get to 5 SP.... and who better than a Career best player with lack of track record...

Honestly, i found SP very hard to find the busts... it seems very top heavy this season...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good list, Milkster. Don't agree with some, but there are reasons for all of 'em, really.

I am torn about Bell. He should be pretty damn good, defense-deficient or not.

I'm with TKO...think you're gonna be wrong about CMart and Duffy.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I totally agree about Trea. He's not gonna suck, but no way he doesn't regress.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to Sale...I'm betting that he will be so happy to be out of that soul-sucking organization and in a national market that will actually recognize him, he will raise his game to another level. Maybe, anyway. ;)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to Sale...I'm betting that he will be so happy to be out of that soul-sucking organization and in a national market that will actually recognize him, he will raise his game to another level. Maybe, anyway. ;)

Sale's biggest SALES pitch is that he is one of the rare pitchers that are guaranteed(barring injury) to pitch 200+ innings... so as much of a bust i think he will be he should still rank well in SOs and wins...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost put Trevor Story on the bust list... But i just couldn't... Even if he is over-rated, colorado is just going to pad his stats... the colorado affect is real... and really makes any colorado offensive player impossible to be a bust...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes any colorado offensive player impossible to be a bust

Except when his idiot manager leaves him in a game after Anthony Rizzo hits him with a bat.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale's biggest SALES pitch is that he is one of the rare pitchers that are guaranteed(barring injury) to pitch 200+ innings... so as much of a bust i think he will be he should still rank well in SOs and wins...

Chris Sale - S - Red Sox
Chris Sale had a tough night on Thursday, allowing seven hits and three runs over four sluggish innings in the Red Sox’s Grapefruit League win over the Pirates.

Sale wasn’t happy about his performance and for good reason. The left-hander was blasted for two hits in the first and three more in the fourth. He also had a brain cramp forgetting to cover first base at one point. All things considered, this could have been a lot worse as only one of Pittsburgh’s seven hits against Sale went for extra bases. The 74-pitch outing was his longest of the spring. Sale will face the Pirates again next month in their season-opening series at Fenway Park.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ um, yeah.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I must be tired...forgot to list my All Bust Team.

booty-pics-7.jpg

All I got for now, but she can be captain.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is sale a bust yet? 3 runs allowed in 3 games:suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna reply but then I came across this

booty-pics-7.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is sale a bust yet? 3 runs allowed in 3 games:suds:

he is off to a great start... his SO rate is back over 10 per 9... if that stays up like it has, then he should be fine... but if it peaks below 10 then i can not see his ERA being better than 3.20...

so no!!!! i won't give up on my bust call!!!

but to be fair, i always stated he should pitch over 200 innings and for that reason alone he won't be a total bust...