• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miles not expecting to play in the 2015 season.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to act too excited considering it sounds like he's got some shit he's dealing with, and I wish him the best. But it sure makes Petersen's choice easier. Looking forward to seeing someone new.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously don't wish him personal ill. We don't know what he's actually going through so it's impossible to focus on that aspect of the story. I'm happy enough to know this means we will have a better chance of seeing a QB next fall with far more upside, even if there are bumps in the road with their development.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wish him anything bad. He committed to the Huskies. And he was thrown into a dodgy situation with the state of the offense in 2014, especially the run game which took no pressure off him.

But his stupidity cost him last years spring practice which stunted his development. And now this which is one of the last nails in his coffin.

What I don't like is him giving up on a program that threw him a lifeline when they could of easily booted him off the team. With him missing spring practice again for "personal reasons", it shows a lot about his character. If there is something serious going on with his family, etc...then it can be justified, but if this just about him pouting, then what a joke.

But besides that, this really hurts our depth at QB. If Miles decides to quit the team by fall, it puts the Huskies is the difficult position of making Samuels the 2015 starter which is what was going to happen anyway, but it makes it very difficult to redshirt Jake Browning which appeared to be the plan. If Samuels gets injured anytime during 2015 be it spring, fall, or the 2015 season, we are in a nightmare scenario.

Want to be optimistic for the Dawgs in 2015, but looking at the schedule, and now this crap, I'm very worried.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know how well some of the unknown kids will play. Sure, they have lots of turnover and a lot of questions, but that happens all the time in college football. My question isn't really about the inexperienced kids, but rather the overall fire of the program right now. That bowl game was a complete and utter joke.

Can Petersen get these kids all going on the same page? Can he inspire them to play up to their potential? Can the kids left behind by Sark take the lead and pull everyone together and fight for their season?

They have talent, but do they have the desire?

I'm just happy now that my season tickets won't be spent watching Miles drop 4 more snaps and fail to hit kids in stride on simple dump passes anymore. I'd rather watch kids making worse mistakes that I at least know haven't given up and have much higher ceilings.

I sat through every game of the '08 season. I'll weather any storm. This is my team. I just want to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I really don't care who the QB is coming out of spring or who takes that first snap in Boise. The coaches are paid to put the kids out there that give them the best chance and I'm sure they will here. I'll support it if it's Lindquist and I'll back them if it's Browning. They have a lot more info to draw those conclusions from. I'm just really happy it won't be Miles.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is....

The Washington Huskies' leading passer from last year, Cyler Miles, will reportedly retire from playing football, per ESPN's Joe Schad.

Washington confirmed the news on its official website, announcing a chronic hip injury as the reason behind Miles' retirement.

"I am grateful to Coach Petersen and his staff for all the opportunities I have been given here at Washington," he said in the press release. "I am disappointed that my hip injuries will not allow me to continue playing, but I am committed to earning my UW degree and will leave the program with many great friendships and valuable lessons learned."

This isn't a recent issue for Miles. When he originally committed to Washington in February 2012 on signing day, he did so while on crutches as he recovered from hip surgery.

His status for the upcoming season was also in doubt after news that he took a voluntary absence from the team in March.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many questioning if this is his excuse to bow out after a lack luster season, but people close to him know he's been dealing with this for some time and has been waiting for the results of all of the latest tests before making any final health related decisions. He had been holding out some hope there was a path back to playing before these results came in.

And while I can feel bad for Miles the kid/student/human being, I can also still take relief as a Husky fan that his career is officially over.

BTW, if you want to stop by and commiserate with him, he's a cashier at the lynwood Walmart. No, seriously, that's where he's at now.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is....

The Washington Huskies' leading passer from last year, Cyler Miles, will reportedly retire from playing football, per ESPN's Joe Schad.

Washington confirmed the news on its official website, announcing a chronic hip injury as the reason behind Miles' retirement.

"I am grateful to Coach Petersen and his staff for all the opportunities I have been given here at Washington," he said in the press release. "I am disappointed that my hip injuries will not allow me to continue playing, but I am committed to earning my UW degree and will leave the program with many great friendships and valuable lessons learned."

This isn't a recent issue for Miles. When he originally committed to Washington in February 2012 on signing day, he did so while on crutches as he recovered from hip surgery.

His status for the upcoming season was also in doubt after news that he took a voluntary absence from the team in March.
The best part of this is how they introduce him as the team's 'leading passer from last year.' :rollseyes:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many questioning if this is his excuse to bow out after a lack luster season, but people close to him know he's been dealing with this for some time and has been waiting for the results of all of the latest tests before making any final health related decisions. He had been holding out some hope there was a path back to playing before these results came in.

And while I can feel bad for Miles the kid/student/human being, I can also still take relief as a Husky fan that his career is officially over.

BTW, if you want to stop by and commiserate with him, he's a cashier at the lynwood Walmart. No, seriously, that's where he's at now.

I can promise you he won't finish his degree.

Girl I talked to who had a class with him and talked to him multiple times said that he was one of the dumbest people she had ever met.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks ruined his life.

Love it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark is no Pete Carroll. He's got rehab level issues with the sweet nectar and screws around as well. All that shit lifestyle behind the scenes seriously compromises his judgement.

While the built in recruiting advantage at USC can mask a lot of personal weaknesses with the coaching talent and dumbfuck bad apples on the roster, it can still cost you wins and bowl games. Given the expectations set by Carroll that USC fans still expect to always have, gonna be funny to watch how much Sark can match it. Especially with all that sweet nectar flowing through his veins 24/7.

I think everyone can be in agreement that the recruits Petersen will be bringing in wont be signing their name with a X and heading out to beat up someone if one of the teams they follow loses.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you stop in just see him be a cashier at Walmart? Quite a come down for a starting QB for the Huskies.