• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Riley

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know anymore. I've went around and around in my head with what I think our Offense will look like.

The other day I said I think we'll run to set up the pass. Today I think Mike Leach ball.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question, not sure if this is the best place or not. But when teams huddle, why can't they call 2 plays in the huddle? wouldn't it be rather simple to send in 2 plays, then when they get to the line, have a simple check to the play that should work the best against the defense that is being ran.

we use to do this in HS all the time, we'd decide at the line of scrimmage which way the running play was going with a simple but impossible to crack code.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd suspect mostly prostyle with some option thrown in since we currently have nothing but dual threat QBs on our roster. Preferably, I'd like to see a lot of run/pass roll out option type plays. if our o-line doesn't improve, we need to get the pocket moving and give whoever the QB is the ability to see the field without being pressured.

I am optimistic about the line. With attrition of dead weight, a new S&C program and hopefully a gelling of the line we could improve dramatically here.

Hell It's January and we don't know a damn thing about what we get next season. I'm full of Optimism.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question, not sure if this is the best place or not. But when teams huddle, why can't they call 2 plays in the huddle? wouldn't it be rather simple to send in 2 plays, then when they get to the line, have a simple check to the play that should work the best against the defense that is being ran.

we use to do this in HS all the time, we'd decide at the line of scrimmage which way the running play was going with a simple but impossible to crack code.

We audible all the time at the line of scrimmage.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I'm not saying an audible.

what I'm getting at, doesn't it seem that a lot of times, the D is showing a blitz, so our team audibles to a play that should work against the blitz, but then the D backs out and we don't audible again.

what I'm saying is, call 2 plays in a huddle, then you simply pick the play based on your cadence at the line of scrimmage. so, you are calling an audible but the defense doesn't realize it and doesn't change their play.

Does that make sense?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good QBs like Manning will just call whatever play they see fit at the line.

That shit gives Defensive Coordinators a headache.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, well that would be even better. problem is you have to be a pretty darn good QB to do it.

my main point is, why even bother huddling now a days if you can call in plays from the sideline? I'd think an advantage to huddling would be to talk to your teammates and strategize. but instead, all you usually see is the QB saying 1 play and going to the line of scrimmage. if they called 2 plays in the huddle, then simply said, if my cadence uses the number 200 or a word like Omaha we go with play #2. No way the defense could know you changed the play by calling that in your cadence, especially if you call random crap like that in your cadence all the time.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing I can think is the AL borges offense at Michigan where they were transition from spread to pro style when they had a good year after Denard left.

big question can tommy run it or is Stanton the new qb. I agree we need more run pass option out the pocket.

I really think we should stick with the spread with a good power run game. but tommy has to improve or were gonna see alot of INTs

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, well that would be even better. problem is you have to be a pretty darn good QB to do it.

my main point is, why even bother huddling now a days if you can call in plays from the sideline? I'd think an advantage to huddling would be to talk to your teammates and strategize. but instead, all you usually see is the QB saying 1 play and going to the line of scrimmage. if they called 2 plays in the huddle, then simply said, if my cadence uses the number 200 or a word like Omaha we go with play #2. No way the defense could know you changed the play by calling that in your cadence, especially if you call random crap like that in your cadence all the time.

this would work teams would have to scout and really get deep into film to have a clue what play you were running

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thought I always had, was what's really the point of hand signals for a huddling offense?

1. if you use a wrist band, just make up like 50 wrist bands and change them out every single series, then simply flash a number, look at the wrist band and read the play. plus you could have 3 guys holding numbers and the other team would have no clue which number was the correct number.

2. most plays you send in a new player, just send in the plays with that player. can't steal signals if you don't give any.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone catch MR on the Film Room on ESPN2 during the NC game last night? I pretty much exclusively watched that when I was watching the game.

Mullen talked to much and didn't say that much interesting. I thought MR was insightful but also kinda talked slow, maybe I've just gotten use to some fast talkers in my life, but I was just like, come on MR, get it out. other than that though, thought he was pretty good. Narduzzi was good, didn't really care for Vanderbilt's Mason.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling 2 plays is a good idea. However, I'd just like to see the Huskers stop botching the snap when it's first and goal from the 1.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think harbough is going to have a career like BOs

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why ya say that? Cuz he's an asshole?

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Mullen talked way too much..... I got annoyed a few times and switched back to the game. Riley was quiet, but you can tell he's smart. I do wish he would have been a little more involved, but I think that's just his personality. I think I originally thought this would be a good recruiting advertisement for Nebraska, along with the other coaches teams involved, but after seeing it I'm not sure it did much of anything for any of the coaches.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I justdont want Michigan to be good. I am basing it off nothing

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Mullen talked way too much..... I got annoyed a few times and switched back to the game. Riley was quiet, but you can tell he's smart. I do wish he would have been a little more involved, but I think that's just his personality. I think I originally thought this would be a good recruiting advertisement for Nebraska, along with the other coaches teams involved, but after seeing it I'm not sure it did much of anything for any of the coaches.
exposure, that's half the battle. kids now know who is, what he looks like, etc. might open some doors that were closed before.

it certainly didn't hurt.

plus what else would he have been doing? it's still the recruiting dead period, he would have just been sitting around with his coaches watching the game anyway.