• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Lonergan

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the pessimists:

"This is my last job,'' said the 45-year-old Lonergan, who is from Bowie, Md., and went to Archbishop Carroll High. He attended and played at Catholic University of America in D.C., coached there, met his basketball-coaching wife Maggie there and plans to stay in the area for the foreseeable future with her and their four children. "I started coaching at 22 years old, and this is my 24th year in coaching. And while I'm not burned out, I don't want to do this when I'm 60 years old,'' Lonergan said. "This is really it for me. I've put together a staff of guys [who] I think can develop players the way we did at Catholic and Vermont. When I leave, I want to leave the next guy with a great program. I think I'll end up being an AD at a D-3 or something and let my wife get back into coaching.''

for those who want to hope:

Lonergan said he always looked at George Washington or Richmond as his dream job. "It was the location,'' Lonergan said. "I knew it was going to be impossible to get into the ACC or the Big East from where I was. This is my recruiting area. It's where I'm most familiar. It's close to home. I know people say things like this, but it was my dream job.''