• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Leach is going to get PAID

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I always KNEW Tech fired him because they didn't want to pay his contract. But the fact they haven't even tried to cover up their scheme is pretty wild. What I really want to know is HOW is Craig James so teflon??? WHO does he have naked pics with a monkey of?

SPORTSbyBROOKS

Leach is DEFINITELY going to win his defamation suit against ESPN and James. And if the Texas Supreme Court allows him to sue Tech, he's going to win that too.

HOW did all this happen, and why did people in power allow it to happen, to a man that's an attorney? It boggles my mind the sheer amount of incompetence that occurred here......

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: tech fucked up big time

images

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be fun to watch.

Unless you're a Tech fan, but still.....

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow. I always KNEW Tech fired him because they didn't want to pay his contract. But the fact they haven't even tried to cover up their scheme is pretty wild. What I really want to know is HOW is Craig James so teflon??? WHO does he have naked pics with a monkey of?

SPORTSbyBROOKS

Leach is DEFINITELY going to win his defamation suit against ESPN and James. And if the Texas Supreme Court allows him to sue Tech, he's going to win that too.

HOW did all this happen, and why did people in power allow it to happen, to a man that's an attorney? It boggles my mind the sheer amount of incompetence that occurred here......

They're all college grads. They're the "smartest" people around.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with fork em

Tech students and fans will be hurt the worst by this

#Damn shame

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how the students get hurt by this.

All Leach wants is his bonus money and buyout money, what is legally owed to him. Tech fired him the way they did to get out of paying up on a contract they signed. Then they tried to hide behind the law by claiming they are a state institution, therefore they cannot be sued.

Leach should win judgement on this......and when that case goes to court, it will cost the school more than simply PAYING the man what they owe him. I genuinely hope all involved get fired for this crap.

And I hope Leach sues James, ESPN, and Spaeth Communications back to the stone age too. He has an open and shut case.......the sheer amount of evidence in his favor is overwhelming.

Go Leach.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an ugly situation though, StarBig. Tech isn't a very popular program as it is.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an ugly situation though, StarBig. Tech isn't a very popular program as it is.

yes, but this is really a microcosm of employer/employee relations in this country.

This trial HAS to happen as a warning to other employers.....you just can't sign a contract, then welch out on your end of the deal, and get away with it.

They signed Leach to a new contract, KNOWING they didn't have the money, or didn't want to actually pay the money. So they found a fake reason to fire him with cause, so they could weasel out of the deal.

He's got them cold too. Emails, depositions......they are TOAST.

Tubby is feeling the effects tho, as he pretty much has no chance of building a winning team there any time soon.

I still remember the SEC morons that said he'd have an SEC defense in Lubbock in no time.......like talented players are interested in Lubbock, LOL

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still going to get paid. Perhaps not from Tech, but definitely from James and ESPN